Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-14-2006, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
off topic but do you get the Buffalo-Wisconsin game saturday on local TV? The only way I can see it is by ESPNU, which I dont have.
The UB court/complex is ridiculously nice.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

I like KU to win it all this year. They have great depth at guard and forward, and when they get Kaun back they will have somewhat of an inside presence.

Guard Russell Robinson- One of the more underrated players in the country in my opinion. He's mad better decisions and has improved his outside game.

Guard Sharron Collins- He small, but he can straight play. He's great from behind the arc and isn't scared to go up with anyone.

Guard Mario Chalmers- He can obviosuly shoot from beyond the arc. He's been playing great D and can take it too the hole. Needs to work on decision making.

Forward Brandon Rush- Need I say more. He's a player can do everything. If he stops being so passive he could be the one of the top players in the countries.

Forward Julian Wright- probably the best overall player on the team. I think he might be the best passer, rebounder, defender on this team. He's not a great shooter, but if we can get 12 points 9 rebounds 6 assists and steal and a couple blocks he's doing his job.

Forward Darrell Arthur- Freshman phenom. He has a thin fram, but has great turn-around and is very good beyond the arc. He is very good rebounder also.

Center Darrell Jackson- He's really the only "big body" they have until Kaun gets back. He is a good defender and rebounder. Not much of a shooter, but can get his points in the paint.

Center Sasha Kaun- Another underrated player. He plays with alot of passion, but is inconsistent.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:55 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em'
I like KU to win it all this year. They have great depth at guard and forward, and when they get Kaun back they will have somewhat of an inside presence.

Guard Russell Robinson- One of the more underrated players in the country in my opinion. He's mad better decisions and has improved his outside game.

Guard Sharron Collins- He small, but he can straight play. He's great from behind the arc and isn't scared to go up with anyone.

Guard Mario Chalmers- He can obviosuly shoot from beyond the arc. He's been playing great D and can take it too the hole. Needs to work on decision making.

Forward Brandon Rush- Need I say more. He's a player can do everything. If he stops being so passive he could be the one of the top players in the countries.

Forward Julian Wright- probably the best overall player on the team. I think he might be the best passer, rebounder, defender on this team. He's not a great shooter, but if we can get 12 points 9 rebounds 6 assists and steal and a couple blocks he's doing his job.

Forward Darrell Arthur- Freshman phenom. He has a thin fram, but has great turn-around and is very good beyond the arc. He is very good rebounder also.

Center Darrell Jackson- He's really the only "big body" they have until Kaun gets back. He is a good defender and rebounder. Not much of a shooter, but can get his points in the paint.

Center Sasha Kaun- Another underrated player. He plays with alot of passion, but is inconsistent.
The sad fact is that Bill Self probably won't win with all that talent. He's yet to do anything at KU besides lose twice in the 1st round the last two seasons. IMO he's a very overrated coach, but that's me.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:56 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillen
Quote:
off topic but do you get the Buffalo-Wisconsin game saturday on local TV? The only way I can see it is by ESPNU, which I dont have.
The UB court/complex is ridiculously nice.
that it is
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:

The sad fact is that Bill Self probably won't win with all that talent. He's yet to do anything at KU besides lose twice in the 1st round the last two seasons. IMO he's a very overrated coach, but that's me.
Probably, but he's a great recruiter. Aren't you an Illinois fan. He did pretty good in Illinois with less talent than this didn't he?
Old 11-14-2006, 06:15 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Probably, but he's a great recruiter. Aren't you an Illinois fan. He did pretty good in Illinois with less talent than this didn't he?
He choked in the Elite 8 against Arizona when we should've been in the Final 4. I can't stand the guy personally. I don't think they'll win the Nat'l Championship this season; but with all that talent I find it hard to believe that even his clueless coaching will prevent them from going far into the tournament.

Also, he blackballed us in recruiting after he left. Talking bad things about Illinois to try and lure recruits to Illinois. Which is another reason why I can't stand the guy.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:52 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtisNo1
jamar smith is out 4-6 weeks, and it hurts even more because dumbass rich mcbride got a DUI and is out for 3 more games.
And Randle is likely out a week. Man, talk about no luck. Oh well though, at least this is only non-conference. Get em healthy and get em back for conference.

But damn; 3 of our best players out right now. Yikes. :shock:
who do you think will start in place of them, trent and brock
Old 11-14-2006, 07:27 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:

True...Self is a great recruiter, but a weak coach. I don't think KU can out-talent their way to a national championship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:17 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
jamar smith is out 4-6 weeks, and it hurts even more because dumbass rich mcbride got a DUI and is out for 3 more games.
And Randle is likely out a week. Man, talk about no luck. Oh well though, at least this is only non-conference. Get em healthy and get em back for conference.

But damn; 3 of our best players out right now. Yikes. :shock:
who do you think will start in place of them, trent and brock
Meachem will start for Smith and Carter will start for Randle. At least that's what most are thinking. Brock will get a lot of minutes off the bench but he played VERY WELL last night.

Carter has a lot of potential to give us big minutes this season as well. Just get us to 3-0 here and get Randle back first, then McBride comes back a game after that, and then we'll have to wait 3 more weeks for Jamar.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2006, 08:53 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

DJ White can't stay out of foul trouble again, and that's against an undersized Butler team. Pruitt is going to be licking his chops against DJ on the offensive end.

Wilmont, Calloway, White, and Bassett are pretty good players. White and Calloway are definitely their go-to-guys. But outside of that, yuck. Two big white guys I've been severly unimpressed with. And the other players they have, have struggled so far as well.

The secret to beating IU. Attack White all day long, pressure defense, and run them all day long. Because their guys sdo not get back, especially their bigs.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2006, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

close
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:10 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cards is gonna be pissed.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:16 PM    (permalink

Wow.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:28 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Wow.
I'm not going to rub it in because I know how you must feel. I will say though that Sanctions is a classless piece or crap. He walked right off the floor and didn't even shake hands with the coach. I hope now IU fans see what they're getting with this loser.

Also, in other news, EJ's HS team cancelled a game against Lincoln Park (an Illinois team) that was being played in Indiana for a fear of his safety and security. :roll:

Here it is.... http://www.suntimes.com/sports/prep...ordon14.article

So now is he going to cancel all his IU games against Illinois next year? Gimme a friggin break.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2006, 10:34 PM    (permalink

Yes that was completely classless. This team has some serious issues they need to fix if the want to contend in the Big Ten.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:36 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marquette beat Detroit 87-45 moving to 3-0. I still havent got to see one of their'sor UW's
Old 11-14-2006, 10:40 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Yes that was completely classless. This team has some serious issues they need to fix if the want to contend in the Big Ten.
Like passing the ball, making open shots, making layups, and hustling. That would be a good start.

I'm sorry but with guys like White, Wilmont, and Calloway; they have no excuse losing to Butler in a home friendly environment.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2006, 10:41 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Like passing the ball, making open shots, making layups, and hustling. That would be a good start.

I'm sorry but with guys like White, Wilmont, and Calloway; they have no excuse losing to Butler in a home friendly environment.
I'm not making excuses. We played like **** and deserved to lose. It's just that simple.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:47 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not making excuses. We played like *********** and deserved to lose. It's just that simple.
I never said you were making excuses; I said THEY have no excuse. I could be a typical Illini fan and rip IU a new one but I won't do that. Losing to Butler is bad enough.

At least this is non-conference I guess. On the inside I'm smiling with joy but I just can't imagine how bad that was to watch. 12 point lead in the 2nd half, ouch.

Quote:
Old 11-15-2006, 07:21 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Kansas State vs Rutgers tonight. Curious to see how Huggins does in his first real test.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:43 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Anyone else watching UNC-Winthrop?
Old 11-15-2006, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Quote:
yea :shock:
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:46 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
Quote:
yea :shock:
They're starting to come back already though. :x
Old 11-15-2006, 07:46 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im a huge syracuse fan but i im not a collge basketball genius. if youve heard of paul harris, hes a fresh. at cuse and starting off with a very good season.

hes already 20 and i was wondering his odds on him staying for a couple years.

also how goods cuse lookin..
Old 11-15-2006, 08:41 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Kansas is looking good tonight.....I can see why they are national championship contenders.

(snicker)

Oral Roberts 65, Kansas 55

6 minutes to go....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote