Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-01-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default ***new Official Boxing Thread***

I can't find the old one and there's no better time to start a new one than after last Saturdays fights. Berto looked good by knocking out his toughest test and the main event was just electric. I never really liked Jermain Taylor, but he showed me a lot in those first few rounds. Then, Kelly Pavlik just took over and closed the show like a champ. He's gonna be a huge star. Everybody can relate to the guy. He's an American-born white guy (most people in the US can relate to that), he's from a humble background and a struggling, rebuilding city (myself and many others from hurricane ravaged places can relate) and he's humble, well-spoken and a vicious knockout artist. Everybody likes those things. I can't wait to see the guy back in the ring in another big fight.

In addition to this, the upcoming months are filled with many of the best boxers fighting in megafights. Great time to be a boxing fan.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
I can't find the old one and there's no better time to start a new one than after last Saturdays fights. Berto looked good by knocking out his toughest test and the main event was just electric. I never really liked Jermain Taylor, but he showed me a lot in those first few rounds. Then, Kelly Pavlik just took over and closed the show like a champ. He's gonna be a huge star. Everybody can relate to the guy. He's an American-born white guy (most people in the US can relate to that), he's from a humble background and a struggling, rebuilding city (myself and many others from hurricane ravaged places can relate) and he's humble, well-spoken and a vicious knockout artist. Everybody likes those things. I can't wait to see the guy back in the ring in another big fight.

In addition to this, the upcoming months are filled with many of the best boxers fighting in megafights. Great time to be a boxing fan.
Kelly Pavlik is from my hometown, Youngstown Ohio. The Ghost is amazing...32-0 with 29 KO's...

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Mesi=God?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some good fights comming up soon. I'm a work, but I'll voice my thoughts later.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Kelly Pavlik Is my hero
2. Kessler-Calzaghe is the 2nd best fight in boxing
3. Cotto-Mosely is the best fight in boxing AND has a stacked undercard
4. Juan Diaz-Julio Diaz and Barrera-Pac Man and Hatton-Mayweather are pretty damned good as well.

Makes for an amazing fall-winter and a very happy Rob S.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm happy as well!
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob, who's on that Mosely/Cotto undercard? I can't find it anywhere.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the fights I am really looking forward to is David Haye against Jean Marc Mormeck. I think it will really show just how good Haye is and whether he can make a real dent in the HW division. I think he's the real deal.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joel Casamayor vs. Jose Armando Santa Cruz
Bobby Pacquiao vs. TBA
Victor Ortiz vs. Carlos Maussa 10
Antonio Margarito vs. Golden Johnson

Undercard for the cotto fight. Check out boxrec for it.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:54 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

I don't really check out boxrec b/c they tend to jump the gun a lil bit and post rumors as facts. That does look like a really strong card, but Margarito isn't fighting Johnson. Johnson's rematching Oscar Diaz on November 3rd on the undercard of the Glen Johnson/Tony Hanshaw card, according to Johnson himself.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:42 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Is Pavlik number 2 or 3 lb 4 lb?
Quote:
Old 10-03-2007, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I don't really check out boxrec b/c they tend to jump the gun a lil bit and post rumors as facts. That does look like a really strong card, but Margarito isn't fighting Johnson. Johnson's rematching Oscar Diaz on November 3rd on the undercard of the Glen Johnson/Tony Hanshaw card, according to Johnson himself.
espn has reported all these fights as well, just didnt feel like finding the article. Maybe Margarito will be fighting someone else, but just having him on the card is a treat imo.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Is Pavlik number 2 or 3 lb 4 lb?

huh? 10 char
Old 10-03-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Where does Pavlik rank now you think pound for pound top 5?
Quote:
Old 10-03-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Where does Pavlik rank now you think pound for pound top 5?
I think bottom of the top 10. I will post my own p4p in a little.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

1. Floyd Mayweather
2. Manny Pacquiao
3. Bernand Hopkins
4. Joe Calzaghe
5. Winky Wright
6. Juan Manuel Marquez
7/8. Izzy Vasquez/ Rafa Marquez- 3rd fight will go a long way to determine
who is higher
9. Kelly Pavlik- no higher because he was kind of getting beaten and was
almost KOed in rd.2
10. Miguel Cotto- homer pick, maybe, But once he beats Shane he goes top 5
:)
Old 10-03-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
NATIONALchamps

Vordenko match vs Elisov.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Well, Bob Arum is sayin that Margarito/Johnson is on the undercard for Mosely/Cotto, so I guess it is true. I don't know what Golden Johnson was talking about in his interview a week ago. This should be a very good card, although I think Cotto should walk through Shane.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, Bob Arum is sayin that Margarito/Johnson is on the undercard for Mosely/Cotto, so I guess it is true. I don't know what Golden Johnson was talking about in his interview a week ago. This should be a very good card, although I think Cotto should walk through Shane.
Walk through Shane? I think that it will go down to the wire.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
from your mouth to God's ears........I am expecting a life and death struggle.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Anybody watch the Pacquiao/MAB fight on Saturday? I was at that LSU/Florida and I missed it. Lemme know if it's worth checkin out on youtube or somewhere else. From what I read, it seemed like MAB aint really come to fight.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Anybody watch the Pacquiao/MAB fight on Saturday? I was at that LSU/Florida and I missed it. Lemme know if it's worth checkin out on youtube or somewhere else. From what I read, it seemed like MAB aint really come to fight.
kinda boring......probably not worth it.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When's Lacy going to be back in action?

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

his shoulder is still messed up, nothing is scheduled as of now.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
kinda boring......probably not worth it.

Thanks, I heard Sam Peter wasn't impressive either on Saturday.