Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC North Division Forum

AFC North Division Forum Discuss the AFC North

Old 09-27-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ravens vs. Browns discussion

Discuss this divisional matchup here...although I don't know if matchup is the right word. More like slaughter.

My prediction: 803536363636 to 7 (Pity TD by Boller, everyone "missed" tackles) Browns.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:49 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I think this will be a good game.

Last year we lost both of them, one by a point and another by 10...A win is a win and Baltimore played better football. So far through 3, I honestly don't think either of us have been playing well. I really see this as a competitive game that either side can come out victorious...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
What: Browns vs. Baltimore Ravens, Sunday 1 p.m. at Cleveland Browns Stadium.

Record: Ravens 2-1, coming off a victory against Arizona. Browns 1-2 coming off a loss to Oakland.

Coach: Brian Billick, 82-57, ninth year. Romeo Crennel 11-24, third year.

Series record: Ravens lead, 11-5.

Last meeting: Ravens won, 27-17, Dec. 17, in Baltimore. Kyle Boller relieved an injured Steve McNair and led the Ravens to 10 unanswered points after the Browns had tied it at 17.

League rankings:
Baltimore: Offense is 16th (14th rushing, 17th passing), defense is 8th (1st rushing, 19th passing) and turnover differential is -2.
Cleveland: Offense is 9th (12th rushing, 11th passing), defense is 31st (31st rushing, 31st passing) and turnover differential is -2.
Some notes:

Ravens Head Coach Brian Billick hurried through a conference call Wednesday, saying:

• Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith is progressing “like most first-timers” in his transition from Ohio State star to Ravens clipboard carrier.

• Derek Anderson, who was snapped up by the Browns when the Ravens cut him in 2005, is “a good young man with great potential ... I loved Derek when he was here.”

• He “got along great” with Jamal Lewis during the latter’s long run in Baltimore. Does he detect any animosity toward the Ravens for letting him go? “None whatsoever.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
BROWNS INJURY UPDATE

• Linebacker Willie McGinest practiced for the first time since undergoing back surgery in the preseason. He was limited and might not be ready for a serious attempt at playing until Oct. 7 at New England.

• Defensive back Gary Baxter would like to make his comeback from double patellar tendon surgery against his old team. Crennel said, “He’s gotten a little better each week. I don’t know if he’s there yet.”

• Browns Head Coach Romeo Crennel hopes tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. can recover from a shoulder injury in time to face the Ravens on Sunday. Crennel said Winslow suffered a mild separation at Oakland. Crennel said the shoulder is “pretty sore.” Winslow skipped Wednesday’s practice.

RAVENS INJURY UPDATE
• Cornerback Samari Rolle is out because of a problem with a medication affecting his equilibrium.

• All-Pro left tackle Jonathan Ogden [DTD]could miss a second straight game with a foot problem.

• Ravens quarterback Steve McNair has been slowed by a groin injury and listed as day-to-day.

• Defensive end Trevor Pryce — 3 1/2 sacks against Cleveland in 2006 — is out with a wrist injury.

• TE Todd Heap (concussion) is day-to-day.

• TE Daniel Wilcox (ankle) will be day-to-day.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
• Crennel said the starting defensive lineup will stay the same despite continued struggles. Through three games, the Browns are allowing 430.7 yards a game.

• Jobs could change hands after Sunday. Crennel said subs will be rotated in more than in the earlier games. He didn’t say this, but inside linebacker is a position to watch — Andra Davis could lose playing time to Leon Williams.

• Nose tackle Ted Washington, 39, started the first two games before Ethan Kelley got the call, with unspectacular results, at Oakland. Newcomer Shaun Smith could see more time at nose tackle.
LEWIS VS. LEWIS

Jamal Lewis and Ray Lewis took turns doing conference calls with media covering their teams in the other city.

The Browns running back told Baltimore writers he thinks he has an edge over his old team because he knows the Ravens’ tendencies.

“If he touches the football,” Ray Lewis responded via the Baltimore Sun, “it’s going to be more than one person hitting him. Jamal knows there are no weaknesses.

“You can pretend there’s a weakness if you want to run at our corners and our secondary. ... So if there’s a weakness, tell him to come and find it. We’ll be waiting for him Sunday when we get there.”

Remember that they [Lewis and Lewis] are good friends...

Ray Lewis said: ''I would never belittle him to say he doesn't have gas in the tank. I believe Jamal is still one of the top five backs in this business.'' They said, 'We can't use you anymore, so goodbye.' As a friend, you sit back and say to yourself, 'That's B.S.' You really don't want to see that happen. You don't ever want to see Jamal get away.''
Sources were:
CantonRep.com [Canton Repository]
Cleveland.com [Cleveland Plain Dealer]
Ohio.com [Akron Beacon Journal]
NFL.com
Wikipedia.com

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:29 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait until Sunday i've been thinking about this game constantly....
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:24 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
I can't wait until Sunday i've been thinking about this game constantly....
It would have alot more hype if the Browns hadn't laid an egg against Oakland.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:38 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very very true....does put a little damper on it now that you mentioned it...
Old 09-28-2007, 09:48 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Very very true....does put a little damper on it now that you mentioned it...

Try being a Browns fan.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 09-28-2007, 09:56 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

No thank you...I appreciate you fine folks though that are brave enough to proclaim yourselves as Browns fans...it's a dirty job but someones gotta do it....
Old 09-28-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No thank you...I appreciate you fine folks though that are brave enough to proclaim yourselves as Browns fans...it's a dirty job but someones gotta do it....
Yea...it's worth it to not have Modell as an owner...

...no it's not.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So after Cleveland beats Baltimore are people still going to say the steelers havnt beaten anyone?

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

Jesus Christ...what is wrong with the world when the Browns are on their way to being 2nd in the division?
Old 09-30-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take a loss @Oakland everytime if it means we beat Baltimore the next week instead. Cleveland is 2nd place in the AFC North regardless of what happens between Cincy and New England this week. Crazy. They will definitely lose next week in Foxboro....but in 2 weeks we get Miami (0-4 Miami) at home and could be 3-3 at the bye!...with St.Louis (0-4 St.Louis) after our bye! We could conceivably be 4-3 after week 8.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

I don't need to say anything I put what I had to say in the smack shack...

It's so funny when Ravens and Bengals fans rip on the Steelers for beating us, then both get beat...

I love it.

Old 09-30-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
So after Cleveland beats Baltimore are people still going to say the steelers havnt beaten anyone?
But Baltimore basically shot themselves in the foot and gave it away, and it's hard when you are starting a 3rd round rookie for only the 2nd time at Otackle. That and Mcnair has been injured leading to uncanny throws.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
But Baltimore basically shot themselves in the foot and gave it away, and it's hard when you are starting a 3rd round rookie for only the 2nd time at Otackle. That and Mcnair has been injured leading to uncanny throws.
I really really hope thats sarcasm and it seems like it is, so I'll take that as sarcasm lol.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really thought they should have taken McNair out. It was obvious that he was out of his groove and was really having trouble.

The Ravens just didn't execute. In their first 7 drives they were in Browns territory and came out with 6points.

The Browns bend but don't break [it's been breaking the last couple weeks] defense did better and it seemed like we are pressuring the QB more. The run defense was once again poor.

Edwards fake-post streak on McAllister was very impressive.

Lewis had a good game on that tough Baltimore defense. Had a TD [even if it's only because of a late challenge] on a stingy d was a good sign.

Anderson showed some brilliance and then some, "why would he throw that." He seemed to try and force triple coverage multiple times. We were lucky we were only burned once for it...

A good win for us and Crennel [2-1 division this season]. This should silence some of that hot seat bs for a couple weeks...

Thankfully, after next week, the schedule starts to get easier.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love it though how Browns win 2 games and their fans get so big headed, so if 2-2 really makes you that excited enjoy.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

Quote:
I love it though how Browns win 2 games and their fans get so big headed, so if 2-2 really makes you that excited enjoy.
It does thank you. I'm sorry we excited that we beat the teams that were 1 and 2 in the division last year.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
... That was uncalled for...

Big headed? No one said we were going to go to the playoffs, were just happy we won... I guess I should start getting pissed off because we beat an overrated team by only 14.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Ruken

I was very happy to see anderson progressing. hes getting much smarter about his game and thank god we dont have to throw quinn in to early if he keeps this up. Our D also showed up finally. I mean sure total yards didnt look to pretty but we prevent scoring which in the end is all that matters i mean a win is a win. Im not sure why the Ravens didnt run the ball more and taken Mcnair out.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McGahee is a freaking monster, both in the pass and run, we gave him 40 million dollars and we only give it to him 15 times, he averaged like 7 yards a carry what the heck. Our staff is dumb, we pass it with McNair 50 times and he is injured and that lead to his crappy play.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
McGahee is a freaking monster, both in the pass and run, we gave him 40 million dollars and we only give it to him 15 times, he averaged like 7 yards a carry what the heck. Our staff is dumb, we pass it with McNair 50 times and he is injured and that lead to his crappy play.
McGahee is a monster... I swear to god the Ravens should just take everyone from THE U and put them on their team and they would all develop into the best players at their position.

Ed Reed Ray Lewis and McGahee are all monsters.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
It does thank you. I'm sorry we excited that we beat the teams that were 1 and 2 in the division last year.
It should make you happy and you should celebrate it, you beat our ass, and Ravens fans stop making excuses they beat our ass! Give them the credit they deserve.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think thats true at all. Their defense gave up alot of big plays and the offense couldn't score. Cleveland looked like a better team in this game.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
The OUTLAW
Rookie

The OUTLAW hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Wow, that's a tremendous number of excuses. Can I just counter that the Browns started 2 rookies.

Vince Lombardi
The OUTLAW is offline   Reply With Quote