Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 09-28-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Henne / Scott's new mock

Anyone else vomit in there mouth a little?

Not bashing the pick, because I could god forbid actually see it happening.

Thoughts?

I know I am not the only one who wants no part of this guy in the first round.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
Anyone else vomit in there mouth a little?

Not bashing the pick, because I could god forbid actually see it happening.

Thoughts?

I know I am not the only one who wants no part of this guy in the first round.
Couldn't agree with you more. I'm hoping this will be a huge offensive draft. I know we could still use some help in a couple positions defensively but this offense looks like its falling apart. Its looking more and more like the O-Line is screaming for some help. Then again it just could be the fact that Cedric Benson is just that bad. We've failed miserably at picking up blitzes.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Henne himself makes me sick. I wouldnt draft him until the late 3rd rd. I would like an OT and a QB first 2 rds. In that position, trade down to high second and draft an OT like Hills or Oher, then maybe trade right back up and grab a QB like JDB, or Ainge. No Henne.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 06:41 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott musta been high when he made that pick...

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The board broke very poorly for the Bears. All offensive lineman gone, Matt Ryan gone. At that point I'd probably go with Limas Sweed, but there's really not great answer.

I actually still think Henne has good pro-potential, and personally think that people who have him dropping drastically due to an underwhelming senior season are vastly overreacting (since when has one's college career affected where they were drafted).

Anyway...if we traded up for Henne in the 2nd I'd be fine with that, but 1st round is too early for me.

I don't think we'll be drafting that late anyway though.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The board broke very poorly for the Bears. All offensive lineman gone, Matt Ryan gone. At that point I'd probably go with Limas Sweed, but there's really not great answer.

I actually still think Henne has good pro-potential, and personally think that people who have him dropping drastically due to an underwhelming senior season are vastly overreacting (since when has one's college career affected where they were drafted).

Anyway...if we traded up for Henne in the 2nd I'd be fine with that, but 1st round is too early for me.

I don't think we'll be drafting that late anyway though.
Chad Henne has a reputation of folding under pressure... I'd rather have an overachieving quarterback at this point than and underachieving one.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chad Henne has a reputation for folding under pressure by Michigan fans who half the time don't even understand their own team.

Almost every player for Michigan is underachieving. Colin Cowherd is a blowhard but he's absolutely right..most of the players that go to Michigan never improve. It's the coaching.

Again..I don't like Henne in the first, but the people that are talking about Henne as a 3rd rounder are overreacting.

Old 09-29-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Personally, I don't like Henne, and its not just because I'm a Buckeye. I can acknowledge that Michigan has produced some good players, but Henne has drawns comparisons to Grossman, without having Grossman's level of college success. He's got solid with his physical attributes, but his mental make-up concerns me; he just doesn't seem to have a lot of fire, he's not a real winner. I'd be okay with Ryan, I'm iffy on Brennan and I'd have no problem with OT. WR would be premature if there's no one to throw them the ball, unless Griese plays well enough to keep the starting job or a free agent pick-up is involved. If we do end up picking later (20+) and the value is better, safety could be a possibilty, too.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Grossman's biggest problem first and foremost is that he's a midget. I'm fully convinced that unless you are very mobile you need to be at least 6'2" to play QB in the NFL.

As for picking safety in the last first, as it stands now there is nobody. If you're ruling out WR, that basically leaves Richardson or a QB. If you don't like Henne then who? I personally like Ainge over Henne and Brennan, but after that there isn't anyone who is even close to a 1st round grade at this point.

Old 09-30-2007, 01:05 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't touch Henne in the first two rounds. That said, I could see him going in the first two rounds (although I'd place several QB's ahead of him, I know I wouldn't have him top 5). The mechanics are an issue, even if he has raw tools. Just don't get the feel for him.

And bf51, I disagree. I think a poor senior season can hurt a QB's stock, just as a strong senior season can propel a QB up. A few years back, most had Chris SImms far ahead of Carson Palmer on their boards when the season began. He fell off. Remember, Kyle Orton was talked about as a solid day 1 pick, if not top 2 round pick (some had him first round) entering his senior year. To be honest, I see some similarities between Henne and Orton. Not saying they are that similar, but I think there are similarities in their draft status (big time arms, mechanical issues, spotty senior campaigns, well, that's the case for Henne so far. Henne's got the better deep ball coming out, although Orton was a bit more consistent, IMO, with the short-intermediate stuff). I'm sure there's several more examples out there.

Actually, thinking about it, I think he's a combination of Kyle Orton and Rex Grossman. Don't mean that in a good or bad way, but I just don't see him in the first round. Let me see, right now, I'd take over him (not in order)

Woodson, Ryan, Brohm, Dixon, Brennan, Brink. I'm sure there's some guys I'm forgetting.

Season's not over, but I find it hard to think that he would pass up enough guys for me, personally, to move into the first round range. I just don't see more than, say, 4 QB's going in the first, if that.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a fan of Chad Henne in the first two rounds either, I cringed when I saw that Scott mocked Henne to the Bears in the first round (albeit an incredibly early mock).

I'd add Sam Keller and Erik Ainge to the above list.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I wouldn't touch Henne in the first two rounds. That said, I could see him going in the first two rounds (although I'd place several QB's ahead of him, I know I wouldn't have him top 5). The mechanics are an issue, even if he has raw tools. Just don't get the feel for him.

And bf51, I disagree. I think a poor senior season can hurt a QB's stock, just as a strong senior season can propel a QB up. A few years back, most had Chris SImms far ahead of Carson Palmer on their boards when the season began. He fell off. Remember, Kyle Orton was talked about as a solid day 1 pick, if not top 2 round pick (some had him first round) entering his senior year. To be honest, I see some similarities between Henne and Orton. Not saying they are that similar, but I think there are similarities in their draft status (big time arms, mechanical issues, spotty senior campaigns, well, that's the case for Henne so far. Henne's got the better deep ball coming out, although Orton was a bit more consistent, IMO, with the short-intermediate stuff). I'm sure there's several more examples out there.

Actually, thinking about it, I think he's a combination of Kyle Orton and Rex Grossman. Don't mean that in a good or bad way, but I just don't see him in the first round. Let me see, right now, I'd take over him (not in order)

Woodson, Ryan, Brohm, Dixon, Brennan, Brink. I'm sure there's some guys I'm forgetting.

Season's not over, but I find it hard to think that he would pass up enough guys for me, personally, to move into the first round range. I just don't see more than, say, 4 QB's going in the first, if that.
Orton was a solid day 1 guy the day of the draft too..it just didn't work out that way. Not to mention that the Bears picked him with the 4th pick in the 4th round, so he was still pretty close.

But I get what you're saying.

Still...Dennis Dixon over Chad Henne? That to me is a major overreaction. Dixon was **** last year. No way I would touch him day one, let alone as the 4th QB. But to each his own.

And again...allow me to reiterate that I would not pick Henne in the 1st round either, I just don't think he'll drop as far as a lot of people think he will.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Grossman's biggest problem first and foremost is that he's a midget. I'm fully convinced that unless you are very mobile you need to be at least 6'2" to play QB in the NFL.

As for picking safety in the last first, as it stands now there is nobody. If you're ruling out WR, that basically leaves Richardson or a QB. If you don't like Henne then who? I personally like Ainge over Henne and Brennan, but after that there isn't anyone who is even close to a 1st round grade at this point.
Like you say, as it stand now (late-first safety prospects) there is no one, but who knows what could happen come draft time. As for who rather than Henne, I also like Ainge. I'm okay with Brennan, at least moreso than Henne, but I'm not really sold on him, especially here in Chicago. I would take Booty over Henne and maybe Keller, too. I'm not necessarily advocating using a first round pick on any of those guys, but I would take them over Henne.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Not a fan of Chad Henne in the first two rounds either, I cringed when I saw that Scott mocked Henne to the Bears in the first round (albeit an incredibly early mock).

I'd add Sam Keller and Erik Ainge to the above list.
I'd put Kellar and Ainge in the same area as Henne ... I'm not a big fan of either ... although I think Ainge might be alright. Ainge, to me, is Chris Simms draft status, the big time kid with potential, but inconsistencies here and there will hurt him. I see him more in the 3rd/4th range as good value, at this moment in time.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
Orton was a solid day 1 guy the day of the draft too..it just didn't work out that way. Not to mention that the Bears picked him with the 4th pick in the 4th round, so he was still pretty close.

But I get what you're saying.

Still...Dennis Dixon over Chad Henne? That to me is a major overreaction. Dixon was **** last year. No way I would touch him day one, let alone as the 4th QB. But to each his own.

And again...allow me to reiterate that I would not pick Henne in the 1st round either, I just don't think he'll drop as far as a lot of people think he will.
I think Dixon's made major improvements this year, with his overall vision/football IQ, and he's shown more mechanical consistency. The upside was always there with Dixon, and I think his draft value is ahead of Henne's right now.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I think Dixon's made major improvements this year, with his overall vision/football IQ, and he's shown more mechanical consistency. The upside was always there with Dixon, and I think his draft value is ahead of Henne's right now.
Well, you can't forget that Dixon might decide to play baseball instead of football.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Well, you can't forget that Dixon might decide to play baseball instead of football.
have you looked at his stats? i think he's gonna play football.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
have you looked at his stats? i think he's gonna play football.
they said the same thing about Samardijza or however you spell his name...

Old 10-02-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
DaSuperfan
Rookie

DaSuperfan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I know QB is a pressing need in the draft, but I think we should go after McNabb with a trade in the offseason, because he clearly needs a change of scenery and what better than to come home to Chicago? We could then draft a young QB later, in possibly round 3, or day 2.

If we're as bad as we think we are. Do you guys think we might have a shot at Darren McFadden? He could definitely ignite our offense with his blazing speed and would wipe away the bust that is Cedric Benson.

I know it's a far-fetched idea. But seriously, this team isn't going to win a lot of games with all the injuries we have on defense and all the problems we have on offense. If I were a betting man, I'd say we'll be picking very high in the first round in 2008. We should shore up the QB position with McNabb and do what we can to get McFadden in a Bears uniform and cut Benson.

This would dramatically improve our offense next year, provided we get some sort of OL help from FA and the draft.

Last edited by DaSuperfan : 10-02-2007 at 06:18 PM.
DaSuperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

I'm just not a huge fan of drafting a RB that high. I absolutely am not a fan of Benson, but drafting a RB that high when there other, arguably more pressing needs seems to be superfluous.

As for McNabb, I'm wary that he's winding down, and I'd hate to give up a first round pick (I'd assume that's the very least of what it would cost) for a guy who seems like he's not nearly the player he was a few years ago and needs a strong offensive cast to support him.

That said, as with all deals, my main thing would be to see what it costs. Because if it was relatively cheap, sure I'd give it some consideration.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont feel this guy deserves to be a first day pick let alone first round
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

McNabb won't cost anything if he's cut... which is a very likely scenario.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:48 AM    (permalink
NATIONALchamps

hopefully new situation occurs.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'l be surprised if McNabb is cut outright, I'm sure the Eagles could get something for him via trade (especially if Childress is in boiling hot water after this season).

Toony, out of curiousity, who did you want the Bears to draft instead of Benson? You've probably already said, but I can't recall.