Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-13-2006, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
I havent watched wrestling since I was like 12 but, I did turn to it the other day and saw this enormous, horse steroid using beast. I dont know his name but, he was wrestling Booker T. Who is he?
That would be Batista.. He isn't half bad.
Yes he is. After his 8th arm injury, he's horrific.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:37 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The survivor series teams are pretty good. I have a strong feeling Jon Cena's team comes out on top.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:48 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, im at work and have absolutely nothing to do, so...

TNA Primetime special tonight
Great card for a television show.

- Joe vs Jay Lethal

Table Match
- Team 3D vs The Naturals

X-Division Title Match
- AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels vs Chris Sabin

Barbed Wire Steel Cage Match
- Christian Cage vs. Rhino

- Kurt Angle vs. Abyss

Those are the scheduled matches on TNAWrestling.com, LAX and Sting among others should make appearances too. This is also the last show until Genesis this Sunday. Tonights show starts at 9EST and will be a two hour show on Spike TV, which is big for TNA.

TNA Genesis
Sun Nov 19

World Title Match
- Sting vs Abyss

- Joe vs Angle

LAX will probably take on AMW for the tag titles, I have no idea what is going on with the X-Division Title.

TNA
All in all I love TNA and most of its talent. The Joe vs Angle feud should be huge, huge, HUGE. I'm hoping for a trilogy or something similar, that ends up putting Joe over.

I like the Idea of a Sting vs. Abyss feud. It reminds me of Vader and Sting from the early/mid 90's. Sting and James Mitchell should have some good promos too.

The X-Division confuses me at the moment. AJ has the belt, which he took from Sabin after he had it for two weeks. They're building up Sabin as a cocky heel, which is cool. Senshi (Low Ki) is no where to be found. At least Lethal and Dutt have cut the Jackass/Mortal Kombat BS. They seemed to hint that Daniels was jealous or something of the sort of AJ, which i am hoping for, cause a Hell Fallen Angel, is a good Fallen Angel. Also, they need more Petey Williams. He is popular cause of the Canadian Destroyer, but his overall wrestling ability gets overlooked.

I love Christian, but they need to end this feud with Rhino after this steel cage match tonight. Christian seems to be the top heel at the moment, with Jarrett disappearing and promos hinting a babyface turn (....) I think Christian faces Sting for the title next month and wins it.

LAX is the best thing in TNA right now. Homicide is an amazing wrestler, Konnan is great at cutting promos and Hernandez has been surprising, in a very good way. Did you see him jump off the top of the cage at BFG? Or the Border Toss on Gail Kim? (lol) Theyre doing a 'burn the american flag' thing tonight. mmmk. Expect an AMW run in.

The Paparazzi is awesome. Kevin Nash is hilarious. Alex Shelley is underused, but still entertaining. and I love Austin Aries' new gimmick of THE Austin Starr.

The New Age Outlaws/James Gang/Voodoo Kin Mafia thing is dumb. Period. TNA needs to shutup about the WWE, and focus on their own damn company. Also, Kip James, Stop saying Suck it. Dammit.

Looks like Raven is getting a new Flock, its a spoiler somewhat so i wont go into it, but Matt Bentley is obviously in it, as he has been acting, and dressing like Raven for a few weeks. At least theyre giving him a gimmick.

The Bobby(Robert, excuse me) Roode push is fine, but im not a fan of Traci Brooks. Roode had a very nice rolling one legged boston crab the other night, but he is still kinda bland.. hes supposed to be a wall street tyoe guy? Hmm.. Id prefer CLAUDIO baby. European Uppercuts ftw.

Thats my view on TNA as of now. Ill do ECW/Smackdown/Raw soon.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:07 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

December To Dismember is soon, and theyre using the Elimination Chamber. Im not a huge Chamber fan, but oh well.

ECW Title - Extreme Elimination Chamber
- Big Show (c) vs. RVD vs. CM Punk vs. Sabu vs. Lashley vs Test

Show is badly hurt, apparently. Rob Van Dam recently got arrested for pot. uhg. Id love to See CM Punk win it, but its probably too soon. Lashley will probably win it, as Test having the title would kill the company. :x

ECW

I want more Kevin Thorn/Ariel. Im not quite sure why, but I do.

The Big Show might be retiring soon, so if youre a fan, make sure youre able to see his last few matches, as its rumored he might retire as soon as December to Dismember. Hes a good worker for someone who is a legit 530 pounder. And he can cut a good promo, so I'll miss him, even though he isnt the best wrestler.

CM Punk is continuing to be pushed, which is awesome. He's had two nearly ten minute matches the last two weeks, which were both great matches for TV. He is in a Survivor Series match with The Hardy Boyz and DX, so... that a good sign for his future. (Thats not sarcasm, btw.) If that particular SS match is the Main Event, then he will be HEadlining his first two WWE PPV's. (Elimination Chamber, and SS Match) I can't think of the last time that happened. I Love CM Punk and hope he does well in the future. (I want a Benoit vs Punk World Title Match at Wrestlemania dammit!!)

Daivari actually getting time to wrestle is awesome. Not to mention his music is sweet. Khali is fine with me as long as he continues to stay ringside and act as a really really big body guard.

Elijah Burke and Sylvester Terkay on ECW. Hmm. I Love Elijah Burke, and havent really seen Terkay. Burke getting a push would be awesome. He has good mic skills, and is a very good worker. Terkay, the 'manbear' he uh.. well.. looks dangerous.. so.. that works i guess...

Hardcore Holly always main eventing the shows is kind of annoying. I like him.. but I like him as a midcarder that puts guys over, not as a main eventer against RVD.

Matt Striker needs more mic time. He is your teacher.

Mike Knox has impressed the the last few weeks in his matches against Punk. He has good ring psychology, decent moves, and can lay a nasty dropkick for his size. His only bad thing, imo, is his look. He looks the a generic big man that will never get a push, which is lame, cause I like him.

Sandman and Sabu need more time on air dammit. Not cause theyre the best wrestlers (god knows Sandman cant wrestle to save his life) but theyre entertaining.

RVD got busted for pot, and Vinnie Mac apparently doesnt trust him to headline any shows, which is lame, cause he's one of the better workers on the show, and probably the most exciting.

Lastly, turn Punk heel sometime. He's a badass as a heel. He signed his WWE contract on the ROH title belt. That was a sweet moment. Also, Sandman and Punk have gimmicks that just simply scream FEUD.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:16 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Monty Brown signed with the WWE. I highly doubt he ever cracks the mid-card.

I hadn't heard about Big Show. That's dissapointing..I've always liked him a lot. He's real good on the mic.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:23 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Smackdown

Someone mentioned earlier that no one thinks Smackdown is a good show, or its no one's favorite (something like that) Well, to me, its the best show, and it is my fav. Its just the fact that its on Friday night that sucks.

Batista... well.. im not a fan really... so.. thats about all i'll say about him, except that I hope Booker beats him at Survivor Series.

Boogeyman, like Bearsfan said, is awesome. He has a smoking staff, a big clock (that he shatters over his head) and he eats worms. That is awesome.

Kendrick and London (Londick!) are the best Tag Team in the WWE. Two great workes who are very exciting to watch. Too bad they have absolutely NO competition in the tag division. :(

Benoit is the best wrestler in the WWE. They continue to use him as a midcarder, which is annoying, but still, hes awesome. His feud with Chavo is annoying as hell. It's embarrassing watching the Eddy Guerrero angles.

Finlay is awesome as well. Great worker, especially for someone who is 47.

Gregory Helms is another great wrestler but PLEASE stop putting him in 1v1 matches with Matt Hardy EVERY week. They put on good matches, but jesus christ.

Use Jamie Noble more, Dammit.

JBL is gold on commentary. He is hilarious.

Jimmy Wang Yang's gimmick is uh.. well.. im not a fan.. but hes a good wrestler, and is entertaining, so i dont really care about his gimmick.

The Kane and MVP feud is hilarious. MVP is amazing at taking hits. Hes great at selling moves. MVP has the best gimmick ever. Everyone thinks he's a joke, but he legitimately thinks that he's the best. Everything with his gimmick is over the top (power ranger tights, his entrance pyro) nad its awesome.

I respect Kane. He is a company guy through and through. He's been asked on multiple occasions to win the Title, but always defers to someone else that could use it more than he could.

Missssssssssteeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Kennnnnnedddeyyyyyyyyyyyyy is another person who is simply awesome. He's not the best in ring worker but he is great to watch, and his entrace is the best in the business.

....Kennedy.

King Booker's gimmick is too good to be true. On most people, this gimmick would have been given up on after a few weeks, but Booker plays it perfectly. It's absolutely hilarious to see him go from British snob back to ghetto Booker T when hes mad. He deserves this world title reign, and i'm glad he got it.

Undertaker is one of my all time fav's. I love having his old gimmick back. (I hated Biker Taker) I hope he puts Kennedy over in the first blood match.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:25 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51

I hadn't heard about Big Show. That's dissapointing..I've always liked him a lot. He's real good on the mic.
I like Monty, but I think youre right.

Show has terrible back issues. Hes been taken off the road for the most part, and taken off of house show schedules. Nowadays he's always in Tag matches, or 3 way matches, or Elimination Chambers so he doesnt have to do much.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:30 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

I don't feel like doing Raw, but long story short... Shelton is underused, Nitro is awesome, Cena is annoying, Umaga has NO heat even though he's beat the hell out of all the faces (even Maria) Remember when Jake the Snake simply slapped Elizabeth and he immediatley became one of the biggest heels of the era? man... Uhm.. Cryme Tyme is awesome. Rated RKO is cool, Edge being 95% of the coolness. And uhhh.. Flair needs to be a heel again.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:34 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

As far as i know, Genesis only has 3 scheduled matches going into tonight.

The Survivor Series card is full, i believe.

Women's Championship
- Lita (c) vs. Mickie James

First Blood Match
- The Undertaker vs. Mr. Kennedy

4v4 Survivor Series Elimination Match
- The Legends [Ric Flair, Roddy Piper, Dusty Rhodes & Sgt. Slaughter] vs. The Spirit Squad

United States Championship
- Chris Benoit (c) vs. Chavo Guerrero

5v5 Survivor Series Elimination Match
- Team Cena [John Cena, Lashley, Kane, RVD & Sabu] vs. Team Show [Big Show, Umaga, MVP, Finlay & Test]

World Heavyweight Championship
- King Booker (c) vs. Batista

5v5 Survivor Series Elimination Match
- Team DX [HHH, Shawn Michaels, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy & CM Punk] vs. Team Rated RKO [Edge, Randy Orton, Johnny Nitro, Gregory Helms & Mike Knox]

Old 11-16-2006, 04:37 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's sad.. I was going through my old tapes from like.. 2001, and the Big Show was easily 100 pounds lighter, and just all around moved a lot better.. I hate that the WWE did this to him..
Old 11-16-2006, 04:46 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

I'm pumped for the TNA show tonight....i hope it gets good ratings, it should be a great show.

Joe vs Angle at Genesis is going to be sick.

Overall, i'm fully on the TNA bandwagon......WWE is dead to me after all this K-Fed crap. I haven't watched Raw in weeks and don't plan on starting anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
I'm pumped for the TNA show tonight....i hope it gets good ratings, it should be a great show.

Overall, i'm fully on the TNA bandwagon......WWE is dead to me after all this K-Fed crap. I haven't watched Raw in weeks and don't plan on starting anytime soon.
The problem is I don't want either to lose and I don't think either can(Joe/Angle). It's a necessity for it to somehow end with a double DQ of sorts.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 04:54 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I disagree. I think he'll show up on Smackdown and be an Upper-Mid Carder. He's got great charisma and I think that'll help him get over with the fans. The only thing I can see holding Monty back is that Vince won't push him because he's from TNA. If he's given a chance I think he'll do great in WWE.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:55 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur
Quote:

The problem is I don't want either to lose and I don't think either can(Joe/Angle). It's a necessity for it to somehow end with a double DQ of sorts.
You're probably right, and I don't expect this angle to die after Genesis.

I'm guessing something will happen to keep the feud going; it would be a shame if we didn't get a few more matches out of these two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 04:55 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur
Quote:

I can see them doing a Time Limit Draw to set up some kind of Iron Man/Submission match later on.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:33 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Yea, I dont think either should lose tomorrow either. Like WMD said, a time limit draw would be my preference.

Old 11-16-2006, 07:31 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
I disagree. I think he'll show up on Smackdown and be an Upper-Mid Carder. He's got great charisma and I think that'll help him get over with the fans. The only thing I can see holding Monty back is that Vince won't push him because he's from TNA. If he's given a chance I think he'll do great in WWE.
Upper mid-card is that different from mid-card that you disagree with me?

Old 11-16-2006, 07:52 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The way I read it made me think you meant you doubt he ever makes it to the mid card.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:54 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
The way I read it made me think you meant you doubt he ever makes it to the mid card.
Of, my mistake, I meant that I doubt he ever gets above the mid-card level, ala Christian.

Old 11-16-2006, 08:13 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

primetime impact is on..

Old 11-16-2006, 08:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

TNA REEEEALY needs to work on getting better venues now that they are on Primetime TV. The beginning of the show with the confedi and the crowd shot was laughable. It looks like they are wrestling in a garage.

Old 11-16-2006, 08:35 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

They also need to shutup with WWE stuff.

Old 11-16-2006, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I hope this wakes D-X the **** up and gets them to stop acting like little kids...
Old 11-16-2006, 08:47 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
I hope this wakes D-X the *********** up and gets them to stop acting like little kids...
Quite honestly I doubt that Shawn Michaels and HHH give a **** what Billy Gunn thinks about them.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I buy it, but I don't think it will go without notice. Raw has been slipping the past few months big time, they need something fresh and new. D-X can be funny at times, but they are shadows of their former selves...