Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-16-2006, 08:35 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.
Default Looking Back : Laveranues Coles / Santana Moss

Laveranues Coles

Receptions : 73
Yards : 845
YD/Rec : 11.6
TDs : 5

2006 - Week 10

Receptions: 51
Yards : 635
YD/Rec : 12.5
TDs: 3

Santana Moss

Receptions: 84
Yards : 1483
YD/Rec : 17.7
TDs : 9

2006 - Week 10
Receptions : 31
Yards: 452
YD/Rec : 14.6

I'm pretty sure, but not 100% that Moss has missed a game this year.

Which WR would you rather have and why? Keep in mind the QB situation for each player this year and last.

I see Coles play every week and he makes the catches when they count. He fights for the ball whenever it is in his area and always seems to come down with a catch on 3rd down. He goes across the middle and makes plays when we need them. Anyone that has seen him play this year for the Jets knows he has been very important to the success they are having this year.

So, who would you take? If you were the Jets or Redskins, who do you think made out better?
Old 11-16-2006, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would take Coles, better hands and can run more routes. He can also be a return man and run reverses like Moss. Coles hands down. I am not a fan of the receivers that can only run routes close to the sideline where they can just step out of bounds and avoid contact. I would much rather a receiver who isn't afraid to take a couple hits like Steve Smith or Anquan Boldin.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's a matter of taking the conistent guy that will be there on every play and stretch for those 3rd downs, or the inconsistent one that can singlehandedly take over a game.

I'd take Coles without question. He's one of the toughest receivers in the league.
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:53 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

moss for me....more athletic IMO, more big play ability, and you can get him the ball in a bunch of different ways, which is a quality i love in a WR.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:06 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't Moss miss last week's game?

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:10 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Santana Moss
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:11 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take Moss because I like his style more than Coles.

I think the trade worked for both teams though, Coles didn't fit in Washington and Moss didn't fit in NY, but both fit where they are now.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:12 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moss by far, this isn't really that close.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:19 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's really Moss and he is a very underrated blocker, and when you look at this years stats you have to consider the QB's, if you have seen a skins game, 90% of Mark Brunells passes are check downs to Ladell Betts Moss has had maybe 10 balls or less thrown to him over 10 yards.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:20 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan
what reason would you have for this not being close?

Moss is a big play WR and

Coles is a better route runner and has good hands

they both are very good WRs

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrider30
Quote:

To me because recievers like Moss are much harder to find than recievers like Coles.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:32 PM    (permalink

I think both teams got a good deal but I would take Moss if I had the choice.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:40 PM    (permalink
jetvilma51
Pro Bowler

jetvilma51 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

for me coles, even though i love santana, its just coles plays harder and gives more effort on every play
Old 11-16-2006, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Santana Moss, better playmaker. It's not like he still can't run routes and doesn't have good hands, they're both good enough to make him a top 15 reciever in the league.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:09 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it really comes down to what you personally like in a reciever, a guy that's going to be consistent week in and week out throughout games and goes over the middle or a guy who can disappear at times but make huge game-shifting plays at any moment. Moss was invisible at times when I watched him play for the Jets but makes those plays that are huge for an offense and a football team and can really win you games. Coles doesn't make those plays much, if at all (that run after catch for TD against the Pats the first time they played this year was nice, but that's the only play he's made this year that sticks out in my mind) but he's a consistent threat who's tough and willing to go over the middle.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:11 PM    (permalink

Why is everyone calling Coles consistent. Over one thee week span this year he went from 19 yards to 109 to 29. Not real consistent to me. :?
Old 11-16-2006, 11:05 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Why is everyone calling Coles consistent. Over one thee week span this year he went from 19 yards to 109 to 29. Not real consistent to me. :?
You have to look at the # of balls thrown towards him. I think they are saying that he consistently catches the ball no matter how hard the catch? He never really has one of those games where he blows some really easy ones. (not saying moss has)

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Moss offers more to an offense IMO.

But they are two totally different WRs and it all really depends on who is on you roster already and what you want out of your WR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:42 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moss is way to inconsistent to rely on as your number one receiver. His style is to either:

(A) Get deep
(B) Catch a slip-screen and make the corner miss

I would take Coles.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:09 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coles is the more rounded WR. They're both great players but i'd prefer Coles.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:56 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also something very important that people forget about in this trade is age and injury. Santana is 26 and Coles is 30, also Coles never again in his career will have a full season, he's just one of those guys that get's hurt every single year, some of it has to do with his willingness to go down the middle, but you have to plan the season knowing he will miss multiple games, other than that hamstring injury Santana hasn't really had big injury problems, also Santana brings you that explosive punt/kick returner if we didn't have Randle El Moss could have been our punt returner.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:57 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that the trade worked well for both teams, but I think Moss is better. He's a big-play threat every time he lines up.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:51 AM    (permalink
MagnumGator
Veteran

MagnumGator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This has been a hard trade to keep track of. One season Coles is better, the next Moss is better, and then Coles has a bounce-back. I'd say the trade worked out for both teams. Neither seemed to mesh in the clubhouse so they went someplace where they fit in better.
MagnumGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:39 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrider30
Quote:

To me because recievers like Moss are much harder to find than recievers like Coles.
totally agree with bearsfan... coles type recievers are everywhere, but the big play explosive playmakers are harder to find

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 11:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What style offense are we running? Coles is better for the WCO offense, Moss better for traditional offenses. Both teams benefitted from the trade, Pennington lacks the arm to use Moss.

I think based on my personal preferences and player to player evalution, I'll take Moss. His inconsistency is more of a reflection of the qb imo. He's the deep threat that every team looks for. He's shifty, you can do reverses, WR screens, etc with him which is a big problem for defenses. I think he's the better player. But like I said, it was win win, because Chad couldn't harness Moss's strengths. And Coles is a great possession receiver.