Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC South Division Forum

NFC South Division Forum Discuss the NFC South

Old 09-27-2007, 03:20 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he does I will give him a lot of credit. I'm just pretty confident he won't magically become the player he's been hyped and paid to be. Even some of the Saints fans like Diabsoule are coming around to the idea that just maybe Bush isn't all that he's cracked up to be.

Last edited by Shiver : 09-27-2007 at 03:26 AM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
I liked Reggie as a prospect and still like him in the pro's however not as an every down back. A role he may now be forced to play courtesy of the injury to Deuce. He is a great change-of-pace, receiver out of the back field kind of guy and excels in that role. Maybe Reggie will prove everyone wrong in the coming weeks. Who knows? It will certainly be interesting to find out.
Is a player like that worth even close to a #2 overall pick. I never thought so.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Is a player like that worth even close to a #2 overall pick. I never thought so.
Reggie was the only pick that would have made sense for them, other than trading down, reggie was their only real option( considering they had brees)
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Reggie was the only pick that would have made sense for them, other than trading down, reggie was their only real option( considering they had brees)
AJ Hawk???

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-27-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

AJ Hawk probably would've made way more sense all things considered. The front office bought into the hype, I guess.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just cant wait til reggie proves all u haters wrong
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Reggie Bush is a glorified WR playing RB. if u put Bolden as a RB, hed probably have more Rushing yards. At Least he can truck/stiff arm a CB
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I'm not a hater..but looking back AJ Hawk probably made the most sense.

I think Reggie's got some growing up to do before hes a capable running back in the NFL, but I also think that hes got every shred of talent that you need to be a good player. He just..has to work on it.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing is a bigger cop-out then the "you are all haters" line. That's the last ditch effort when the facts don't support your case.

Old 09-28-2007, 02:12 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't say that, and no, I didn't think he was worth the #2 pick. I still saw him as a top 1st round guy though.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Well Reggie Bush got more carries, with more of the same results.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how 3/4ths of the thread is people coming out saying i didn't think reggie was worth the #2 overall pick. A majority of draft followers and scouts thought he was the overall consensus number 1 prospect in this draft.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Nothing is a bigger cop-out then the "you are all haters" line. That's the last ditch effort when the facts don't support your case.
No, I think "haters" is a very accurate term to the attention that Bush receives. Especially on this forum. I mean, there's a Reggie Bush THREAD -- cased closed. The term 'haters' is used when there is constant criticism is aimed towards someone (doesn't even have to be an athlete) and when that person doesn't live up to expectations, people love to sit back and say, "Hrm, well, see? I told ya so." So, yes, there are tons of Bush haters on this forum in general.

Quote:
Did you happen to watch the game? Did you not notice that our run blocking and lanes were non-existent? Yet he still had over 100 yards in total offense. And, he was the only player that actually had a pulse and nearly willed our offense/team to a win today. So, yeah, I'll take that every week from Bush.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I like how 3/4ths of the thread is people coming out saying i didn't think reggie was worth the #2 overall pick. A majority of draft followers and scouts thought he was the overall consensus number 1 prospect in this draft.
I remember there was a small contingent at the time, captained by your's truly, and now the band-wagon has loaded up. Hindsight is a major factor. It really cracks me up when people say Peyton Manning was the greatest QB prospect ever, even when there was significant debate going back and forth regarding him and Ryan Leaf.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Flyboy, you seem very heated. Though this is a "rant" thread, so I cannot really blame you.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
well i think he was the only bright spot on a lousy saints offense.. plus he was ripping it up in the first half and he got hurt and slowed down alot.. yeah injuries are part of the game, but he did play through it which goes to his credit..

i watched the game, he looked real good.

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:30 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Well they need him bad. I still cannot get over Drew Brees' 1:9 TD/INT ratio.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:32 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post

I thought he was worth it. Did I ever think he'd be Gale Sayers or Barry Sanders? No. If the Saints used him more like the did last year, I'd take him #2.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:14 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Be patient with the guy, hes still learning his position and will come through. Similar to Michael Vick and Vince Young people are trying to make him someone hes not and should just accept him for the prospect he is. The flashes hes showed at times this season is encouraging going into next season.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 05:27 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Be patient with the guy, hes still learning his position and will come through. Similar to Michael Vick and Vince Young people are trying to make him someone hes not and should just accept him for the prospect he is. The flashes hes showed at times this season is encouraging going into next season.
Well the Saints have given him 2 years so far and he has been decent but has not even come close to what was expected of him. RB is traditionally a position where players don't take long to adapt and/or learn the position. See Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown, MJD, Jo Addai, Laurence Maroney, Marshawn Lynch and Adrian Peterson etc; players from only the last 3 drafts who all made huge splashes immediately.

The Reggie Bush experiment is nowhere near finished in New Orleans, but they need to determine within the next 12-18 months how they should utilize his skill-set in a manner that best suits him and the team.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Reggie Bush=poor man's Chris Johnson. Maybe teams will learn their lesson and stop drafting prospects on hype (Bush, Young, etc). Some players just don't translate well to the NFL.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-27-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
The Reggie Bush experiment is nowhere near finished in New Orleans, but they need to determine within the next 12-18 months how they should utilize his skill-set in a manner that best suits him and the team.
I honestly think he'd be best utilized as a slot receiver and return man... but you'd be talking about one expensive slot WR/RS. I say give him another year to show some of his supposed "big play" ability, and if we don't see anything more from him, end this Reggie experiment early.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
I honestly think he'd be best utilized as a slot receiver and return man... but you'd be talking about one expensive slot WR/RS. I say give him another year to show some of his supposed "big play" ability, and if we don't see anything more from him, end this Reggie experiment early.
I sdisappointed when the Saints took Meachem because I thought Reggie would eventually land that sort of role in the offense. I wouldn't panic if I was Sean Payton, just move Reggie to WR/SB and you have a great set of weapons across the field. Durable RBs aren't hard to find, Deuce isn't done yet, and Reggie can still be a 3rd down/shotgun back.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-27-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I sdisappointed when the Saints took Meachem because I thought Reggie would eventually land that sort of role in the offense. I wouldn't panic if I was Sean Payton, just move Reggie to WR/SB and you have a great set of weapons across the field. Durable RBs aren't hard to find, Deuce isn't done yet, and Reggie can still be a 3rd down/shotgun back.
I was disappointed when we took Meachem for a completely different reason, and I think that reason was as evident as ever last week against the Eagles. Anywho... sadly, I cannot agree with you on Deuce. He just turned 29 (today, actually - Happy Birthday Deuce), and a torn ACL in each knee over the course of 2 years means he'll likely never be the same back again. Who'd have thunk a year ago that we'd be in the market for a running back? I'm hoping for someone like BenJarvus Green-Ellis in about the 3rd round. I can't help but think it: Reggie isn't an NFL running back.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember when everyone said that if Bush was a WR he'd be the #1 WR prospect? I think it's time for a switch.