Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Carolina Panthers Team Forum

Carolina Panthers Team Forum Discuss the Panthers

Old 11-09-2006, 08:13 AM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Carolina Panthers Discussion

Since the old one seems to be gone...hopefully Ward won't get too mad at me over this. :?:
JPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:02 PM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So as I recall, the last post was JJ saying he hoped that we'd be able to get a draft pick for Hartwig this offseason. To which I have to reply...

Are you nuts? Think about the caphit from his deal and the fact that he'd never been hurt until he got here.

The way that seems to happen to players, sure makes me want to question our medical staff.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:07 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

80 pages.. GONE!!!!@!#

oh well.

Yeah, so I bet we make Gradkowski look really good, and we will make it harder than it has to be. Deangelo will not get the amount of carries he should, and we will blow a lead.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:10 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Location: TJ Warren is a better and more productive player than Jabari Parker
SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ Sounds like an accurate prediction to me

Hartwig is pretty much unnecessary on the team right now, but yea the caphit would suck. It's not that he's bad or anything...he's just not amazingly good and anything less than that really isn't going to matter on the line we have
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:23 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wouldn't be shocked if we went on another mid-season run. Which is really a double-edged sword. I want to see the team succeed, but if we are able to pick up some momentum and make the playoffs I feel that all of our problems will be ignored.

As long as we make the playoffs, a change will never be made at either offensive coordinator or defensive coordinator. With Henning and Trgovac at the helm, I doubt we EVER win a Super Bowl.

As much as I hate it, it will take a complete abortion of a season for the front office to finally make the coaching moves necessary to make this team a consistent contender on par with the Colts and Patriots.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:06 PM    (permalink
ShadowPanther
Rookie

ShadowPanther hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoe2k5
I wouldn't be shocked if we went on another mid-season run. Which is really a double-edged sword. I want to see the team succeed, but if we are able to pick up some momentum and make the playoffs I feel that all of our problems will be ignored.

As long as we make the playoffs, a change will never be made at either offensive coordinator or defensive coordinator. With Henning and Trgovac at the helm, I doubt we EVER win a Super Bowl.

As much as I hate it, it will take a complete abortion of a season for the front office to finally make the coaching moves necessary to make this team a consistent contender on par with the Colts and Patriots.
So true. :(
ShadowPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 04:35 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We will go on another run but unless New Orleans starts tanking and we take the division we're going to have a hard time getting into the playoffs. Losses vs Minnesota and Dallas is going to suck for the tiebreakers
Old 11-11-2006, 04:44 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman
We will go on another run but unless New Orleans starts tanking and we take the division we're going to have a hard time getting into the playoffs. Losses vs Minnesota and Dallas is going to suck for the tiebreakers
i doubt that new orleans goes on a huge losing streak so it looks like the panthers will have to make it to the playoffs as a wildcard
Old 11-13-2006, 06:52 AM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

Saints are only a game up after they lost yesterday. :roll:
Old 11-13-2006, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Vikings Fan
Rookie

Vikings Fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So, whats up with DeAngelo Williams? He seemed to be getting some carries but he hasnt lately, is he injured?
Old 11-13-2006, 04:50 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
So, whats up with DeAngelo Williams? He seemed to be getting some carries but he hasnt lately, is he injured?
He has been injured since the Cleveland Game. He looked good before that though
Old 11-13-2006, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Vikings Fan
Rookie

Vikings Fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
He has been injured since the Cleveland Game. He looked good before that though

Huh, he was my favorite player from the draft. Darn. Well, thanks and good luck, Ill be pulling for ya.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:09 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

lol, we are so pathetic. God, we need to fire the coordinators right now. They deserve to get booed off the field
Old 11-13-2006, 11:30 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Touchdown pass when we were already ahead, that is some sign of life. Atleast we didn't run into the middle of the defensive line on every play once it was 17-10.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:37 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Isn't it hilarious how Smith hasn't played in two games but he is fourth in receiving yards?

He goes out and makes plays every week, it is hard to believe.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:26 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guaratee Steve Smith will have 200 yards receiving in a Panther victory this week.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:15 AM    (permalink
@$#
Rookie

@$# hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yes i know this is the panthers thread but i need some help on what defensive play book to use in madden and you guys seem to know lots about football.

heres my team and if you wanna know why its ridicolously fast its because i cheat.

RE Merriman
DT Bunkley
DT K.Jenkins
LE Peppers

ROLB Howard
MLB Alston
LOLB Lawson

CB1 Cromartie
CB2 Hester
CB3 F Washington
FS J Williams
SS S Taylor

what playbook do you think?
@$# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:24 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Hmm...lets get some action going on here

Lucas out injured today but Marshall should be ok. I wish he was replacing Gamble though...

Running game looks a little better so far and Steve made a dead sexy catch that was called back
Old 11-19-2006, 01:31 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Hmm...lets get some action going on here

Lucas out injured today but Marshall should be ok. I wish he was replacing Gamble though...

Running game looks a little better so far and Steve made a dead sexy catch that was called back
Yeah, but he made an even better one too.

DeAngelo has been awesome. Foster isn't going to be gone long i don't think, looked like a sprain.

Peppers continues to be held all the time.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:35 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

I really dont understand why refs never call holding on people blocking Peppers. Just because they do it on every play doesnt mean its legal

Panthers have dominated this game so far and I have to say Im a little disappointed in only a 10 point lead. Story of this season though
Old 11-19-2006, 01:47 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

These ****ing penalties are killing us
Old 11-19-2006, 02:46 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I really dont understand why refs never call holding on people blocking Peppers. Just because they do it on every play doesnt mean its legal

Panthers have dominated this game so far and I have to say Im a little disappointed in only a 10 point lead. Story of this season though
Exactly, we can't put a game away, that would be no fun.

Marshall is a guy who just seems to be in the right place quite a bit. He has done an awesome job on Holt
Old 11-19-2006, 06:30 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

I'll take it. It was the St. Louis Rams' defense, but any type of momentum our running game can gain is good news. DeAngelo Williams and Nick Goings should both be ahead of DeShaun Foster on the depth chart, regardless of injury. Keyshawn Johnson's pass made absolutely no sense and isn't the type of innovation I want to see in our offense. I suppose Dan Henning just can't get anything right. Defense looked spectacular. DeAngelo Williams injected some life in our kick returns. Punt returns still need alot of work and we could certainly use a return specialist like Devin Hester in the next draft.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:38 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoe2k5
I'll take it. It was the St. Louis Rams' defense, but any type of momentum our running game can gain is good news. DeAngelo Williams and Nick Goings should both be ahead of DeShaun Foster on the depth chart, regardless of injury. Keyshawn Johnson's pass made absolutely no sense and isn't the type of innovation I want to see in our offense. I suppose Dan Henning just can't get anything right. Defense looked spectacular. DeAngelo Williams injected some life in our kick returns. Punt returns still need alot of work and we could certainly use a return specialist like Devin Hester in the next draft.
yeah but we did got that one kid who runs a 4.2

I love DeAngelo.

I think of him kind of like Dwayne wade compared to Reggie Bush's Lebron James and Maroney's Carmelo Anthony
Old 11-20-2006, 01:47 PM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

Here's my view of the game, first one I've been to this year...

*We left at least 13 points on the field because of turnovers and penalties

*Some will probably be unhappy to know that Spoon got a very warm welcome when he was announced

*When Smitty was announced, you didn't hear anything the PA announcer said after "Wide Reciver, from Utah..." the place went absolutely nuts

*Speaking of Smitty, you could feel the entire stadium let out a big sigh of relief when he got up and walked off the field

*When Smitty was down, Key ran down to check on him and wouldn't leave until he was sure he was okay...so much for not being a team player

*Didn't like the pass attempt by Key, I applaud the creativity of trying something new, but that playcall struck me as not being good. As soon as he starting trying to get a throwing grip on the ball I said Oh ****, sunk down into my seat and covered my face

*We finally have a Mike Rucker sighting!

*It probably didn't get picked up on TV, but Gamble picked something up on the Rams offense a couple times where he was yelling stuff out to the rest of the defense. One play in particular, Gamble shouted something out to Davis a few seconds before the Rams snapped the ball....Davis ended up sacking Bulger on that play.

*Foster...yet another injury

*We've got a pretty good crop of rookies in Williams and Marshall...Williams was electric when carrying the ball and Marshall did pretty damn good lined up against Torry Holt all day

*MyPanthers (guy I went to the game with, some might now him from other boards) is permanently banished to the restroom at all home games (he went with about 4 minutes left in the 1st half...we got 2 sacks and scored 10 points while he was gone)

*Got to meet some people I hadn't and see some old friends...great time!