Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 10-07-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Game 5: Denver- 3 San Diego- 41

Not much good about this game at all. I managed to watch some of it, I think I enjoy pain. Cutler, it seemed, did well for the most part, didn't see the pick, but sadly this is his first career game with no TD. Defense got bum raped, Marshall, well WTF was that fumble I mean honestly, down only 14-0 with a chance to make it 14-7 would make it an entirely different game. I guess this just demonstrates how young our key pieces are. Anyway, prognosis: We suck.

This is why we suck
this is why we suck
this is why, this is why
this is why we suck

we suck cuz we lose
you dont cuz you dont
this is why this is why
this is why we suck
we cant stop the run
but were good against the pass
this is why, this is why
this is why we suck

Our leadin rushers stoned
he'll be gone for a year
this is why this is why
this is why we suck
Jay's drivin down the field
but then we stop throwing
this is why, this is why
this is why we suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Last edited by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) : 10-08-2007 at 01:00 AM.
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't kno what was worse.. offense or defense. Probably defense, but holy **** what the hell is wrong the broncos. I guess it's a good thing colorado fans still have the Rockies to turn to...*weird*

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we get someone good with our top-10 pick.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-08-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
I hope we get someone good with our top-10 pick.
HIGHT DRAFT PICK!!! WOOHOOO!

I almost forgot the good news.. But, seriously.. This was the worst football game I've ever seen.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what was the deal with that pick anyway? I got so pissed, because it was such a gimme, and it gives Marlon McCree yet another turnover. That guy is out of position on 99% of all defensive plays, and then snags a turnover (or two in this game) and talks to the media all week about how confident and great our secondary is.

Cutler's got the arm, but honestly at this point I think the Broncos have to admit they would have been better off keeping Jake. He won. Obviously Cutler is the future, but when the Stadium's empty by the time the 4th quarter starts...
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
So what was the deal with that pick anyway? I got so pissed, because it was such a gimme, and it gives Marlon McCree yet another turnover. That guy is out of position on 99% of all defensive plays, and then snags a turnover (or two in this game) and talks to the media all week about how confident and great our secondary is.

Cutler's got the arm, but honestly at this point I think the Broncos have to admit they would have been better off keeping Jake. He won. Obviously Cutler is the future, but when the Stadium's empty by the time the 4th quarter starts...
well i think it was obvious plummer was no good.. he was limited.. if anything it isnt cutler, its that jevon walker stokley were out and they with the lead so high they became one dimensional with bad recievers..

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post

I didn't see the pick, but if he wasn't anywhere near anything, that's usually a miscommunication of some kind. And you honestly can't be serious about the Plummer thing. Cutler is not the least bit responsible for our suckitude. With Plummer, we'd be 0-6 right now. Guaranteed. Last year, while Plummer played, our offense scored 17 ppg, defense let up 14 ppg, and he went 7-4. Then, Cutler went in, our offense scored 25 ppg, but our D let up something like 28. Cutler is not at all the reason for how bad we've been. Cutler hit Marshall yesterday with a great pass, which would have most likely led to a TD if he didn't hold the ball like a 5 year old. Marshall is already a very good number 2, with potential to become a solid #1, but he isn't a #1 receiver yet like he was thrust into yesterday. When Greg Martinez is your second leading receiver in a game, that is not good. We also had absolutely zero running game, and the play calling is atrocious. Seriously, what was up with that QB draw? Just slant it to Marshall or something, Christ, it isn't hard.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-08-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

i liked what i saw out of cutler when the lead got out of hand. not afraid to yell at his wr's.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Nice to see Scheffler finally getting into the god damned game. It's ridiculous, he had the best statistical december of any TE, he and the rookie QB develop some serious chemistry, and he doesn't get his first catch till game 5. WTF.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-08-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Yeah, I agree. And, let's be honest, we're starting Ian Gold, and Lynch is our free safety, our defense isn't all that great. So in a way, it's less appalling that our defense is bad. With the talent our offense has in Cutler, Henry, Walker, Marshall, Scheffler(when he is actually in the game), there is not excuse to suck this bad.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-08-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i'm just going to say it: as of right this second (as in, it may change) mike shanahan is the single most overrated offensive coach in football. the offensive gameplan through the first 5 games has been less existant than the defensive gameplan, and that's bloody amazing considering.
Shanahan's career is done. Stick a fork in it and call in the fat lady. Unfortunately, it could be years before the Broncos organization clues into that fact...

The thing that is killing me is the leadership/motivation/inspiration... I hate how gutless this team is. It came up as an issue last year, and is now a crisis. The coaching staff seems completely unable to get the team fired up. The supposed veteran leaders (Lynch, Champ, etc) are guilty as well. If they can't get the job done, then bring in some new leadership who can get the young guys hyped up to play some solid football.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Shanahan's career is done. Stick a fork in it and call in the fat lady. Unfortunately, it could be years before the Broncos organization clues into that fact...

The thing that is killing me is the leadership/motivation/inspiration... I hate how gutless this team is. It came up as an issue last year, and is now a crisis. The coaching staff seems completely unable to get the team fired up. The supposed veteran leaders (Lynch, Champ, etc) are guilty as well. If they can't get the job done, then bring in some new leadership who can get the young guys hyped up to play some solid football.
If its any consolation, you could probably substitute the Broncos with San Diego and Shanahan with Turner and still have a very true statement, for your entire post.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
3projectPAT6
Rookie

3projectPAT6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

its killing this is the first year since i was like 5 that i havent been able to watch the broncos. (not my fault im playin DIII college football and we have meetings on sundays during the game, so im pretty much screwed) anyway im kinda confused to why we are getting beat by the charges by damn near 40 points when i thought this was gonna be a pretty promising year. Basically i just got a couple of questions that i could probably answer myself if i could just watch the games but... since i cant do that i need a little help.
1) what is ian gold doing? im seeing alot of bashing and suggestions to get rid of him
2). is cutler getting any time? I saw hamilton and nalen are done for the year
3) Hows DJ doin running the defense, is our 32nd rank against the run due to the loss of wilson?
4) Any other major issues that our causing us to mess up sooo bad.

Sig byDLS42
3projectPAT6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
If its any consolation, you could probably substitute the Broncos with San Diego and Shanahan with Turner and still have a very true statement, for your entire post.
It's not.

In a must-win situation, facing a desperate divisional rival, the Broncos didn't just lose... they failed utterly. Anyone who fancies themselves a leader on the team should put a gun in their mouth and pull the trigger.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i watched the game sunday n almost had a heart attack. i was upset when Rivers ran that TD in. 7 seconds later i was almost crying on the living room floor. idr what happend but i changed it, would be torture to sit there and watch a 41-3 ass kickin from one of my most hated teams (chargers). good lord we have got to pick it up or somn.

my little analysis:
we need a top tier playmaker in the front 7, preferably a MLB so we can move DJ to outside. at 2-3 id hate to say the season is "over" but when both of the wins were by what, 3 to teams we should have pounded?

offensivly i really dont see how we can be held to 3 points. cant blame it on walkers absence, its gotta be the line.

receivers gotta catch passes, and hang on to the ball.

Last edited by ripdw27 : 10-11-2007 at 08:13 PM.
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

oh and whats going on with travis henry? is he gonna get suspended? or dont we know yet
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote