Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 11-19-2006, 06:37 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim3031
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039
Quote:
Pennington played like utter garbage today. He couldn't hit anybody that was more than 5 yards away and even then he missed a lot. I'm getting very close to calling for Clemens.

The Bears did not play well at all, we had a chance to win it.
I agree, its Clemens time. Pennington has been so inconsistent this year. We should try clemens in late game scenarios where we need to go deep, or where we are losing big.
Were 5-5 right now with still a chance to make the playoffs beacuse of our schedule. Starting a rookie will not, I repeat, will not give us the best chance to make the playoffs. Pennington, even though inconsistent, gives us the best chance to make it to the post season.
You're right, that's probably true.

However, over the last 6 games, Pennington sucks. It's the only to describe it. He physically can't throw the ball more than 10 yards. And throughout this entire game we NEVER threw the ball more than 20 yards. And once again it isn't just this game, Chad has gotten progressively worse as the year goes on.

And the only things that he has had going for him are his accuracy and decision making. They don't exist anymore. He has more interceptions than he does touchdowns. That's not how Chad Pennington is supposed to play.

Chad isn't the future, there's no way that this team could possibly win the super bowl with him on the team. Not when the five yard dump off is the only thing our offense can do.

I'm not definately sold on throwing Clemens in there now; it is probably too early, but Chad is making it hard not to.
I don't think throwing Clemens in there is going to do much, but I don't see why we can't put him in the game if we need to throw a deep ball at the end of the game or let him play some garbage time to see what we've got. Pennington gives us the best shot to make the playoffs, but in reality against playoff defenses his arm just doesn't cut it, and when they bring pressure he makes bad decisions.
PUT IN BRAD SMITH!!!

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 06:44 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pennington played like utter garbage today. He couldn't hit anybody that was more than 5 yards away and even then he missed a lot. I'm getting very close to calling for Clemens.

We didn't play well? Hmm I guess I missed the boat on that one. Sure we didn't play great but we played very well in the 2nd Half.

Btw, I honestly thought Chad a stronger arm then what I saw today. But my god. Talk about a flutter ball on the deep throws.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 06:47 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:

We didn't play well? Hmm I guess I missed the boat on that one. Sure we didn't play great but we played very well in the 2nd Half.

Btw, I honestly thought Chad a stronger arm then what I saw today. But my god. Talk about a flutter ball on the deep throws.
Chad doesn't have an arm at all. In the first half I think we outplayed you, in the second half we were probably outplayed but not by a ton. One big play by Bradley and a stupid onsides kick call basically was your scoring. In general outside of those two plays you guys were better but not that much better over the course of the half. Rex did settle down a bit though.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:

The Bears had -1 passing yards in the first half. -1!! How on Earth is that playing well? The Bears gave the Jets every chance to win this game.
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:20 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

A few notes from today's disapointing loss:

Positives:
-Kerry Rhodes is an absolute beast, best Jets safety i've seen in a while
-Oline was really good again today, even the right side is improving
-Dewayne Robertson follows up last weeks big week with another good game; i think we have to see how this season plays out before we throw him out of town
-Ced Houston with a good comeback this week
-Tim Dwight has clearly developed as the team's #3 receiver and is a nice punt returner also

Negatives:
-Chad obviously has to step up his game for the Jets to make the playoffs
-Drew Coleman sucks
-I think the coaching staff had their first bad game of the season- called many plays (like the inside handoff out of shotgun) that weren't working, and the onside kick was not smart. Also it is clear that Mangini has NO confidence in Nugent from over 50 yds.- the coaches will be fine though
-Kevan Barlow did nothing to follow up his stellar week last week, even though he had few opportunities

Overall, not the worst loss for the Jets, we can still make the playoffs, but I am a little worried about the Bills and Dolphins who are right on our tail and are playing well. The best cure for this loss would to be for us to hand a nice 14 point loss to the Texans next week.

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:45 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The Bears had -1 passing yards in the first half. -1!! How on Earth is that playing well? The Bears gave the Jets every chance to win this game.
Which is why you play 2 halfs in Football, not one. And TJ ripped you guys for about 70 yards in the first half; and Benson had about 30. Rex actually had about 20 yards in the first half (not counting the sack yardage).

The first half was a stalemate, you guys may have had a little bit of an edge in play but not much, both teams were pretty stagnant. The 2nd Half we won which is why we won the game.

We took advantages of our opportunities and you didn't. We made the plays to win the game and you didn't. It was that simple.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:29 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Which is why you play 2 halfs in Football, not one. And TJ ripped you guys for about 70 yards in the first half; and Benson had about 30. Rex actually had about 20 yards in the first half (not counting the sack yardage).

The first half was a stalemate, you guys may have had a little bit of an edge in play but not much, both teams were pretty stagnant. The 2nd Half we won which is why we won the game.

We took advantages of our opportunities and you didn't. We made the plays to win the game and you didn't. It was that simple.
I hate agreeing with a fan of the team that just beat us, but its that simple. The Bears did what they needed to win, we did not. In the first half they played poorly, we couldn't execute. In the second half, they didn't play their best game, but they played well enough to beat us, they made just enough plays.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:13 PM    (permalink
J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

we need a new Quarterback
Old 11-19-2006, 10:16 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets
we need a new Quarterback
eh i dont know bout that, i mean we have clemens waiting in the wings we don't need someone new.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:07 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Quote:

What? The Bears played like crap for a team the quality of the Bears. Are you telling me that an 8-1 team should squeak out a win against a 5-4 team who admittedly got there by an easy schedule?

I mean, the Jets aren't a pushover, but if the Bears are having a *good* game, it should have been by more than 10 points...
Old 11-20-2006, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Moltar

Well, with our schedule the way it looks, our record should at least be 8-8 and at the most 11-5 obviously. I think we will go 9-7 probably with losses to either the Packers, Dolphins or Vikings. If we win out we can probably take the 5th spot in the conference or if the Pats lose to 3 teams we could take the division. If the Dolphins finish as strong as they did last year it is very possible that we take the division with the Pats losing to the Dolphins, Jaguars and Bears being their losable games. The only way I see us making the playoffs is the Dolphins beat the Pats in week 14 and then we beat them in week 16. If we lose one more game, especially if it is to the Dolphins, the playoffs aren't much of an option. The only way we make it is if we finish 5-1 in the division at 11-5 and the Pats go 11-5 and have a 4-2 divisional record with a loss vs. the Dolphins. Lets hope.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:43 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Jones "ripped" us for 55 in the first half, not 70, which is still very good but not amazing and not like he completely tore us to shreds. Plus 17 of those came on his third and long run with the fumble review, which meant nothing since you just punted the next play. Benson had 26. We definitely had the edge in the first half, in total yards of offense we had a 81 yard edge at 141-60, more than double what you had. We actually put a few drives together. It's frustrating because we really did outplay you in the first half and then handed you the momentum after halftime and you got 10 points and the win. We got outplayed in the second half because you had the momentum on your side, and plus you could just sit back and hand it off and milk the clock because we can't stop the run. Grossman did better in the second half, but he only completed 50% of his passes! Plus he got about 1/3 of his yards because Bradley made a nice play after the catch because we can't tackle. If we took an early lead like we should have and forced you to throw the ball things may have been different and at least the game would have been more respectable, and if we didn't turn the ball over who knows.

As far as the playoffs go, I know Pennington gives us our best shot to win but I just don't see us going to the playoffs right now with him playing quarterback with the lack of consistency he has shown.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:57 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i tried calling this comment into WFAN during my luch period but couldn't get through. When the score is 0-0 how can you not trust your kicker, who was consistant from that range in college, from 52 yards and later i think from 50. If he was taken in the 2nd round i hope he's capable of making one.

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
Old 11-20-2006, 08:40 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlutiesDropKick
i tried calling this comment into WFAN during my luch period but couldn't get through. When the score is 0-0 how can you not trust your kicker, who was consistant from that range in college, from 52 yards and later i think from 50. If he was taken in the 2nd round i hope he's capable of making one.
He's been a disappointment for me. His career long is like 49...I thought he was supposed to be a lock to solidify a team's kicking game for a decade and he certainly hasn't done that at all.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
Quote:
Quote:

What? The Bears played like crap for a team the quality of the Bears. Are you telling me that an 8-1 team should squeak out a win against a 5-4 team who admittedly got there by an easy schedule?

I mean, the Jets aren't a pushover, but if the Bears are having a *good* game, it should have been by more than 10 points...
If we win, it's a good game. If we lose, it was a bad game.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:37 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
Quote:
Quote:

If we win, it's a good game. If we lose, it was a bad game.
So you think the Bears played up to their potential? Hell, up to 50% of their potential?

I'm not insulting the Bears at all... I'm saying that if they had played a good game, they would have beat us even worse.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Gang Green
Pro Bowler

Gang Green hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why not put him in?

I mean look at this! He is better than Leinart and Young-right?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yFGucgncvYo

I would just feel bad benching Chad because of what he has done for the Jets. Anyone have actual footage of Clemens playing?
Old 11-20-2006, 10:42 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gang Green
Why not put him in?

I mean look at this! He is better than Leinart and Young-right?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yFGucgncvYo

I would just feel bad benching Chad because of what he has done for the Jets. Anyone have actual footage of Clemens playing?
Merril Hodge was on record as saying Leinart was at best a 2nd rounder because of arm strength and VY was a late round developmental....WR at best. Its just because they weren't "factor backs". Basically on ESPN's 2007 draft coverage Merril will be plugging Brian Leonard for the entire first round.

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
Old 11-21-2006, 06:34 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Guys, does Leon Washington have any nicknames or catch phrases? Like "Neon" ? I need it for a sig.

Thanks.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:11 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

when we firsted drafted leon washington i called him neon leon, but then i thought he is no where neon deion so i just stop callin him that, but now neon leon is pretty sweat.
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:19 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

bottom of the list! :shock:

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:46 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavedaeyebrow2
bottom of the list! :shock:
It's where you belong. :twisted:

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:04 AM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

check the sick Drew Coleman avator.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 02:03 AM    (permalink
tishdog
Rookie

tishdog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
He got raped this week for a TD.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:20 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tishdog
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
He got raped this week for a TD.
i didnt see it :roll:

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote