Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 11-18-2006, 12:56 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
I hate you, dia.
It was a last minute thing. A friend of mine got 4 free tickets and invited me. I'm just happy that I'll get to make a game...... And now I get to see Ocho Cinco play. Um..... Yehaw.

I just hope our defense can slow down Cincy's offense.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As do I. I know our points can put up points against Cincy's defense, but I think we are really going to need stellar play from our secondary to win this game. Rudi Johnson is such an underrated back, but our LBs usually do a good job against bigger, type backs like him so far this season. Willie Parker-esque backs tear us apart... but the trio of CJ/TJ/Chris Henry makes me cringe. Hopefully, Will Smith and Charles Grant will be in Palmer's face all game long.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For some reason, I feel like Reggie Bush can really have a breakout game against the Bengals' defense.. don't ask me why.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 11-18-2006, 07:55 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For some reason, I feel like Reggie Bush can really have a breakout game against the Bengals' defense.. don't ask me why.
I think he can too and hopefully he will. I think he needs to have one.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-20-2006, 01:31 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Well, this definately wasn't the game for me to go to.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-20-2006, 04:17 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Definately after this game it shows that we need a #1 CB. Fred Thomas isn't the answer at CB and we need to pick one up in Rd. 1 or 2 or go after one hardcore in FA.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-21-2006, 11:07 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Marques Colston is day-to-day with an ankle sprain and Sean Payton said that it is doubtful whether he will play this weekend vs. Atlanta.

I think that he absolutely needs to play vs. ATL if he can. We need his presence on the field. I know we've talked about how the Saints needed to win vs. Pittsburgh and Cincy, but now this game is a MUST win. If we win that keeps us in competition for the division with Carolina. If we lose then we are tied with ATL and still only one game behind Carolina, if they lose.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-21-2006, 02:37 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My new name may be captain obvious, but here's my take:

Nobody can stop us from moving the ball. We are absolutely killing ourselves with the turnovers. Limiting those may be even more important than better defensive play. I really think this offense alone can get us to the playoffs, but it all starts with cutting down on the turnovers.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I'm just now getting over Sunday's lost. Man, I was so f'n pissed. All these turnovers are killing me. We must, must MUST beat Atlanta... run the ball effectively and actually set up the pass with the RUNNING game. I love Sean Payton but ugh... I'm getting the NO/ATL game this Sunday so I'll be ready.

Old 11-21-2006, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sig bet proposal: If you win, I use a Reggie Bush sig for a week. If we win, one of you uses a Michael Vick sig for a week.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

HA. Funny how you're doing this after my avatar bet for the first game.. but I'll be man enough for it.

Old 11-21-2006, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
HA. Funny how you're doing this after my avatar bet for the first game.. but I'll be man enough for it.
I didn't think we had a chance going into that hornet's nest. Seriously, when I saw we were the unlucky bastards to play the Saints in the first home game I was very upset.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:59 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:
I didn't think we had a chance going into that hornet's nest. Seriously, when I saw we were the unlucky bastards to play the Saints in the first home game I was very upset.
I'll take you up on that bet, Shiv. I think the Saints could win, but on the same token I could see the Falcons upsetting us.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-22-2006, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I really hope Colston can play on Sunday. I think he's essential to us pulling out a win.

Old 11-22-2006, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

How early do you guys expect to take a wr?
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I would say around round 4-5. Hopefully, round 1-3 will strictly be on the defensive side of the ball.

Old 11-25-2006, 02:52 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
How early do you guys expect to take a wr?
I think it all depends on the talent available.

If there isn't a top tier DT, LB, or CB available in the first then we go WR.

2nd Rd. hopefully is DT, LB, or CB or whatever we didn't take in the 1st.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-25-2006, 03:31 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I would rather us trade out of the first round completely if we don't plan on addressing the defense in the first round unless there was a WR to fall like... CJ (ain't happening), Jarrett (ain't happening), Ginn (ain't happening)... that leaves Jeff Shvcjhsks (I always hate trying to spell his last name). I wouldn't be too upset at that... I suppose.

Old 11-25-2006, 03:27 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
I would rather us trade out of the first round completely if we don't plan on addressing the defense in the first round unless there was a WR to fall like... CJ (ain't happening), Jarrett (ain't happening), Ginn (ain't happening)... that leaves Jeff Shvcjhsks (I always hate trying to spell his last name). I wouldn't be too upset at that... I suppose.
I agree with you. If we are drafting in late first round and there is no great defensive player available I would like to see us trade out, or trade the pick for a player worth a 1st Rd pick.

If we can't get CJ, Ginn, or Jarrett, and it is highly doubtful that we even get them where we will probably pick then I think the next best talent on the board would be Sidney Rice. After that, I think we could find a WR in the 2nd Rd like Dwayne Bowe or even Paul Williams from Fresno St.
It wouldn't suprise if we went WR in the later rounds either where a player like Buster Davis from LSU or Steve Smith from USC, who I am really high on, would really compliment the team. I'm hoping we try going for Steve Smith.

Don't forget either that we have 3 4th Rd picks so if Smith fell into the 4th, which is a possibility, then I hope we try landing him.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-25-2006, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I honestly don't think Rice will declare this year.

Old 11-26-2006, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Game day. I feel this game is crucial for our playoff hopes and the division as well... let's go Saints! Colston is expected to play as well.

Old 11-26-2006, 11:08 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Colston isn't playing, but Joe Horn is.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Yeah, I just heard on Countdown. That sucks.

Old 11-26-2006, 03:09 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Awesome win for us today. Just awesome. And with Washington beating Carolina means we're back in the division lead.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-26-2006, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

*chestbumps dia* WHOOOO~!