Old 11-21-2006, 08:40 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland31
Quote:
I'll say it again, you're just scared of Michigan because you know that they could very easily beat you.
Why am I scared of UM???? Im just a poster, the OSU players allready proved there not scared and that there better so give them a new challenge.

PS - in major league baseball you get another chance, not college football.
how long have you watched college football? The Big 12 North Champion routinely has to replay the Big 12 South Champion in the Big 12 championship. will you please at least attempt to make an argument that isn't utterly moronic?
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:43 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i thought the topic of this was who would give them the best game not who should be in it. I dont think there's any denying michigan would give them the best game. That should be the end of discussion. cleveland i hope u wouldn't deny that its simple to see michigan lost by three at OSU sure u can mention three turnover which we scored 10 points off of but a michigan fan could say the two 60 yard ruans that michigan never gives up. Bad plays happen so you shouldn't use that to argue your point. Personally i dont see any reason that because these two teams already played they can't play again the NC is suppose to be betweent he best two teams and these two teams are clearly the best two teams if OSU is better then they'll win again but why not play it again on a neutral site. If michigan wins its basically a split NC again but whats new this is the BCS.

And in the end whether michigan should be there or not if SC beats ND and UCLA then they will pass michigan its just how the polls will work
Old 11-21-2006, 08:44 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

additionally, if you folks turn this into another UM-OSU game thread (that is, discussing the game last week), i WILL lock it. there's a bloody thread for that already and it'd be great if you didn't ruin yet another thread by spamming it with the same idiotic arguments.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:39 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland31
Quote:
Just because someone says that OSU is a beatable doesn't mean you need to throw a hissyfit.
just because we havent lost, doesnt mean you have to make any excuse up possible on how we could lose!

We took care of our business by going 10-0, so people like you shouldnt be able to quetion us. Go quetion a team that has allready lost or something.

wait i thought OSU went 12-0. Isn't there 12 games in a season
Old 11-21-2006, 11:53 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Michigan is the only program in the same class as OSU right now.No other program can match the talent and coaching that these two are on right now.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:08 AM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
Michigan is the only program in the same class as OSU right now.No other program can match the talent and coaching that these two are on right now.
I disagree,USC can match the talent and coaching,...just the talent is young and not championship ready and Pete Carroll is a better coach than both Carr and Tressell.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:21 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
Quote:
I disagree,USC can match the talent and coaching,...just the talent is young and not championship ready and Pete Carroll is a better coach than both Carr and Tressell.
Thats the only reason reason why i didnt think USC was on the same level.Talents just not as experienced.I meant a combination of coaching and talent.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:35 AM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thats the only reason reason why i didnt think USC was on the same level.Talents just not as experienced.I meant a combination of coaching and talent.

yeah ofcourse which is why I think USC will blow past ND and UCLA and get up-ended by a Ohio State team full of veteran talent. :D :?
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:47 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yeah ofcourse which is why I think USC will blow past ND and UCLA and get up-ended by a Ohio State team full of veteran talent. :D :?
i dont think it'll be a blow out, but of course OSU is gonna win. Besides, they're probably the unanimous favorites to win it next year if they lose this year.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:48 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

especially if jarrett stays.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:09 AM    (permalink
InvisiblePinkUnicorn

Florida and Michigan are the top 2 teams after OSU. But since Michigan already got their shot and failed i think we should let florida and that sick D get a shot.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:09 AM    (permalink
InvisiblePinkUnicorn

Florida and Michigan are the top 2 teams after OSU. But since Michigan already got their shot and failed i think we should let florida and that sick D get a shot.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:12 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

quote]

i dont think it'll be a blow out, but of course OSU is gonna win. Besides, they're probably the unanimous favorites to win it next year if they lose this year.[/quote]

michigan will be right there with them especially if long and branch return.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:13 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i dont think it'll be a blow out, but of course OSU is gonna win. Besides, they're probably the unanimous favorites to win it next year if they lose this year.
Ummm, michigan would be right there with them.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:11 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OUTLAW
I can't think of even one team has ever lost a game (even against the number one) and not moved downward in the polls. How're you going to lose and stay at 2. I see Michigan falling to 3 and only getting a shot at OSU if USC loses. And even then people would be tempted to use the timing of the losses to possibly bump ND over Mich (which would be a daggone shame).
Oklahoma was the #1 ranked team and lost to the #13th ranked team and remained #1.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 02:18 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

besides michigan, nobody
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 02:26 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i guess we see you guys next year then.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:57 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would love to see how arkansas would do against them.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Touchdown

Quote:
Correct, Michigan will be very good next year offensively if Hart stays. Their D might be alittle messed up to start out until they settle down.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:08 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5
Michigan no doubt, but they don't deserve to play us again, that wouldn't be fair. And if they did, then OSU would have to get a split title with them in the event of a loss to be fair. (we gotta beat them twice, they only have to win once? not a fair situation.)
Actually, yes... that WOULD be a fair situation. It isnt who wins during the season, but who wins during the big games, that shows who the best team is. Beating a team in the regular season does NOT mean you get "credit" if you play them in the playoffs.

Michigan playing OSU at a neutral site and winning would make a HUGE statement. Sure, OSU beat them at home... by 3... but, if Michigan wins by more than 3 somewhere else (and not home), it would make Michigan the better team.

No team in college football, regardless of what they do, should be #2 or play for a NC. If each team played OSU before a "playoff" system started, theres a good chance they'd all have 2 losses, while Michigan only had 1.

Michigan - OSU... the rematch... the only reasonable option left.