Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 11-20-2006, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Incinerator
Rookie

Incinerator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Depending on how Gocong and Gaither are progressing I think the Eagles should pick up a good linebacker in FA. Then they should probably pick up a MLB in the 1st and a safety in the 2nd. Maybe try to get Leonard/a big back, for short yardage situations. I dont think they need to draft a cornerback first day just because Hood is leaving, they just signed William James who has played pretty well in his limited time.
Incinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im very surprised that that was a torn ACL. It didn't look like it at all. A lot of fluke injuries this year.

I think pressing needs are OLB and SS for you guys. I don't like the LB talent in this draft, I think youre better off signing a FA. I don't think you'll do that though, Philly has been real cheap with money and tends to not go after big name FAs. I think Adalius Thomas would be great for you guys, but I don't know if Philly will chuck out the necessary dough.

Safety can definately be had in the draft. In fact, Id draft another FS. Like a Reggie Nelson. Dawkins can groom him into the future, while playing SS while Reggie plays FS.

And a more important note. Ive been critical of Reid's playcalling for a long time now. His playcalling has cost you games this season. Its clearly his fault that you guys pass too much. As great of a GM and coach he is, you cant help but wonder if the team needs a fresh start.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Okay, so Eagles lose to Titans, McNabb tears his ACL, the season is over, and Andre Waters died this morning. What a great weekend.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:22 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Technically, Waters died early Monday morning. It's been a great start to the week, though... Luckily for me, I unloaded McNabb in all my fantasy leagues but 1. Ugh! I am quite frustrated.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

#20 should be retired after Dawkins retires. Two of, if not the best Eagles safeties in history.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 11-20-2006, 08:29 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yesterday upon finding out that donovan tore his acl and was out for the season I went into a state of deep depression, man it sucks to be an Eagles fan this season. Andy's a great coach, but his play calling is atrocious. Jim Johnson I am fed up with now how we did such a poor job against the Titans I will never know, that was just disgraceful. We need a coaching overhaul IMO.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:45 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You guys think Garcia will win more games then Mcmahon won last year?

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:19 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Debatable. I think both Garcia and Feeley are superior to Detmer and McMahon, but the Eagles schedule is very tough with road games and good opponents. I'm not sure if there's a guaranteed win on that schedule. Given the team's propensity to give away wins this season, I can't predict any additional wins this year.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 11-21-2006, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Eagles signed Omar Jacobs to the practice squad. Tank Daniels to the 53.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 11-22-2006, 09:48 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I like both moves. Jacobs was a projected top 5 QB in this draft class. Could be a good developmental prospect. Almost certainly NFL Europe material. He has good short accuracy, but he has a lot of work to do. Reid is good at developing QB's. Not sure if Marty M really is...

Don't know much about Daniels, but he'll be a good special teamer at the least. Interested in seeing what Omar Gaither is all about regardless.

Old 11-22-2006, 04:34 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the addition of Omar Jacobs, he is awesome. Marty's good at developing quarterbacks, he was the qb coach for some of the greats like Steve Young and Brett Favre.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:31 PM    (permalink
utfootball1

i think that garcia has gotta be near as good as romo if not better and the cowboys didnt have greg ellis and they beat the colts
we got a fair shot
Old 11-22-2006, 06:34 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utfootball1
i think that garcia has gotta be near as good as romo if not better and the cowboys didnt have greg ellis and they beat the colts
we got a fair shot
:shock: WHAT?!?!

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:37 PM    (permalink
utfootball1

PROBOWL
arm acc and strength doesnt just float away besides the expericence is another factor
all he has to do is throw a screen 2 westbrook
the colts dline is fast and over agressive
Old 11-22-2006, 06:43 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garcia hasn't been good since he was in San Fransisco, which was like 3 years ago. He is nowhere near Romo right now.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:49 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillen
Okay, so Eagles lose to Titans, McNabb tears his ACL, the season is over, and Andre Waters died this morning. What a great weekend.
Probably is over, if we had an easier schedule we could finish like 9-7 but we have Carolina, ATL, Indy and some more division games so well probably finish like 6-10 or 7-9. Im usually optimistic but maybe we should start looking at some potential draft picks.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People have been saying that McNabb is out for 7-8 weeks into next year also. If this is true i say we draft a QB in the 3rd round or even 2nd if we get one we rly like, the start him for experience the first half of the season, then in like 4 or so years when McNabb retires we put him in
Old 11-22-2006, 06:54 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan
People have been saying that McNabb is out for 7-8 weeks into next year also. If this is true i say we draft a QB in the 3rd round or even 2nd if we get one we rly like, the start him for experience the first half of the season, then in like 4 or so years when McNabb retires we put him in
Not to bad an idea. Do you think we will resign STallworth though because that would really influence my draft outlook
Old 11-23-2006, 01:38 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan
Carson Palmer tore his acl in the playoffs last year but was back to start this season, McNabb tore his acl but I'm confident he will be back early next season.

That being said, Romo is much better than Garcia. Garcia has licked nuts when he's played. His stats don't accurately portrayed how bad he has been. He can't keep a drive alive and can't move the chains.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

McNabb wont be out a full 12 months, not even close. Palmer had the trifecta in the playoffs and was able to start the season.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 11-23-2006, 11:46 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

This sucks for McNabb, I guess we'll get our shot again next season, as long as we don't make stupid mistakes and have miracles happen against us we should have a record up there with the elite teams.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:46 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Wow, we suck that was pathetic. We can't tackle and we can't shed blocks. The only bright spots I could find were that Lito did a good job on Marvin, and Trotter was somewhat solid. Garcia was ok tonight but when we go up against teams with decent rush defenses I expect we will get rocked. That was the only reason Garcia was effective tonight because of how well our run game was working. That was one of the most frustratingly bad Eagles performances I have ever seen.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:54 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I said before the season that I thought we should change DC's. I put a lot of this on JJ and the rest on the personnel department. Obviously, the current scheme just doesn't work. I'm almost positive Johnson is done. The D has been consistently bad this year. No pressure since Kearse left, and I can't put all of it on the players. It looks like teams tee off and try to pick up Trotter, and when they do, they can run for 7-8 yards. McCoy looks lost and weak out there, and Jones is ineffective. Mike Lewis was a great run defender, but such a liability in the passing game, he couldn't do it. I like Considine, but he's not the hitter Lewis is. Dawk is still the man, but he can't carry this D.

My thoughts on the offseason:

Revamp the LB core. Trotter stays, McCoy stays because he's cheap, and Dhani is GONE. Gocong will be around, Gaither competes at SLB and WLB, and we contemplate a major FA signing.

Lewis is gone. This appears to be a given. I'm not sure if Considine is the answer, but we have to find out. Let him start next season and sign a veteran to a 1 year deal to be there just in case.

Tweak the DT's. I like the talent at DE. We have to keep Kearse 1 more year due to the cap, and I think he'll be good. The DE rotation is solid, but we could use another guy as a #4 DE. I think Bunkley will rebound. A draft pick or FA signing will be needed. I have a feeling like maybe Darwin Walker is gone.

There needs to be a defensive overhaul. The offense played fine last night. The D was crap. Things need to change and soon.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our front seven sucks. It makes me sick to think back to the first 5 games when everyone thought we had an amazing defensive line 8 deep, it was even featured on the cover of Pro Football weekly for christs sake. I honestly don't know how they could give up that many yards and tds to a rookie. Matt Mccoy can't shed a block to save his life. The one bright spot on our defense is the secondary and even they aren't that great. I seriously overrated this team in the beginning of the year. Our offense was pretty good even with Garcia at the helm. I didn't see too many dropped passes (Hank Baskett). Westbrook continues to be a 1 man show and this should be a pro bowl season for him.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:15 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Our offense is fine. The defense is the weak area and needs help. The secondary is good, but when you can't stop the run, your players look poor. Just the nature of the beast. Trust me, if the Eagles could get teams in obvious passing situations by squashing the run, the secondary would be just as good as advertised. The problem is the DT's aren't big enough and get blown off the ball, and linemen get to the seocnd level and take out Trotter. Once that happens, we're done. There needs to be more bulk in the middle to free up Trott, plus we need better OLB's. Reid doesn't consider LB to be a "priority" position. I say he'd better change his thinking and change his DC. Perhaps they can nab someone from the Chicago or Miami staff. I like the way those D's are playing.