Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 09-24-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Yeah, we really need to win this one. Watch for Roman Harper to be the spy on VY just like he was against Vick last year in the home opener.

I don't care if we win by 30 or 1, I just want to win. :(
I agree at this point I'll give anything for a win, no matter if it's ugly or not. I'll take a nailbiter 30-27 win coming off a last second field goal, or a sluggish Defensive type game. (if we can pull one off)

I think the key as always is in the Turnover ratio, where we have been miserable at in all our losses. Holding onto the football, and making smart decision is crucial. (cover up the football, no need to fight for extra yardage when there is no hope) Also it would be great if Defensively we could force a Turnover, or 2. If our Offense struggles a big Defensive play could possibly give them a spark if they end up with good field position.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Deuce is hurt. This can't be good.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game, guys.

I hope Deuce is ok, and I'm rooting for you guys for the rest of the season.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

This team is going to give me headaches all season.

If Deuce's injury is anything significant..oh man its going to be hideous.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far this season has made me feel like I've been kicked in the face, and every time I try to get back up I get kicked in the face again. I'm just so glad there's a Bye Week this early because I don't know how much more heartbreak I can take, and after everything we went through last season and the season before it hurts that much more. I kind of wonder why this always happens to the Saints, everytime it looks like we're about to turn the corner and make the next step as a franchise we always fall off a cliff. It happened with Haslett/Brooks and it looks like year 2 of the Payton regime is going down that same route.

KFFL, and ESPN are reporting Deuce tore his ACL the same one that was repaired in the game, and is out for the season. KFFL.com
Quote:
Saints | McAllister tears ACL
Mon, 24 Sep 2007 21:56:08 -0700

ESPNews reports New Orleans Saints RB Deuce McAllister (ACL) suffered a torn ACL Week 3 against the Tennessee Titans. He will likely miss the rest of the 2007 season.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:03 AM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

This season is exactly what I was afraid of. I just had a gut feeling that we'd come out this year and fall flat on our faces.

I'm disappointed but its really nothing new. I'm so used to futility from this franchise that it doesn't really bother me. Time to start building for the future..again.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any word on Jamaal Brown?
Old 09-26-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Any word on Jamaal Brown?
Other than he's been absolutely horrid so far this year? Nah, nothing on that front.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:55 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

I heard he suffered a dislocated finger. Maybe he hasn't fully recovered from the Bone Bruise he suffered in the off-season? I still can't quite figure out how a unit the gave up only 18 sacks through 15 games, can completely fall off a cliff the next year.

Part of an article on FootballOutsiders, on the Offensive line. Every Play Counts
Quote:
Plays on which none of the five offensive linemen looked like competent professional football players were common. Consider, for instance, the second play of the second half. On that play, the Titans rushed five and the Saints had seven in to block. That should have given quarterback Drew Brees plenty of time to pass. Instead, Brees was pressured from the right, the left and the middle. Titans defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch was the player who hit Brees as he threw, but the other four Titans rushing him all got close.

The worst player on the field Monday night was probably Nesbit, who was brutalized by Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth. On third-and-6 on the Saints’ first drive, Brees had pressure in his face from both Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch. The pressure came on a stunt, with Haynesworth going to the outside and Vanden Bosch coming inside, but it wasn’t trickery that allowed the Titans’ front to overpower the Saints’ line, it was sheer force. Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch just overpowered Nesbit and Brown.
Right now I think the best case scenario for the Saints is having a season like the Packers, or Titans last year where they start out terribly slow, and then start to click midway through and go on a winning streak at the end of the year to finish 8-8 and just miss the playoffs.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Week 5 - Panthers @ Saints
vs.
Sunday, October 7th. 1:00 PM (Eastern)

- After a Bye Week hopefully the team has had the proper time to just rest, and recollect themselves. I just hope the team plays loose, confident, and calm. I think in some of the games this season they've felt the burden of high expectations and have started to press, and start playing out of desperation; and when you do that you force errors. This team needs to go back to playing smart & fundamental football.

- I think we start working in some of the younger guys. With Jason David out for a while, I hope Usama Young sees some more time in Nickel packages. David Patten is questionable, so maybe Robert Meachem will be activated for the first time this season. Also Pierre Thomas should get some touches, Payton should have a few packages to get him on some screens, and draw plays.

- Eh not really much else to say..the Panthers are going through some struggles of their own lately. So it should be a different atmosphere not facing a team that's on a hot streak and fully confident. They key IMO is playing loose, and not panicking if things don't go so well early on.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good write-up, Auron. I just want a win more than anything at this point.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 10-07-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far I haven't seen anything out of the Saints that would show that they have done anything to tweak their offense.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I just realized that we get the Seahawks next weekend on national television.

That's gonna be fun.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not looking forward to this weekend's match-up, guys. The Seahawks at home play defense as well as anyone in this league, their front four will pressure the Saints offensive line more than the Panthers did. Their offense went to blazes last week in Pittsburgh, but it's a good offense.

Deion Branch is out for the Seahawks, though. But after being so embarrased last week, they should be even further motivated this week.

Best of luck to the Saints, they'll need big plays from both the offense and the defense, plus for Olindo freaking Mare to make every field goal, to pull this out.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Gametime!

Geaux Saints!

*bites fingernails*

Old 10-14-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally! We finally got that W!

I really like what I see out of David Patten and Lance Moore. I also liked what we were doing with Bush, however, I want to see Pierre Thomas in there to replace Stecker. I also still want to see Brian Simmons in there to replace either Shanle or Simoneau. I loved what I saw out of Usama Young.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Congrats to the Saints on their first win of the season, even if it took a while to get there. ;)

The offense, defense, and special teams all made plays to help get the victory. David Patten was huge tonight, catching just about everything thrown his way.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

It's just 1 win out of a long season, but at least we finally snapped at of this really bad slump. Of course if we go out next week and lose to Atlanta this Win will mean nothing.

but I can be happy at least for now. This week will feel much better. :)
Old 10-14-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

Its a start. THey definitely looked good tonight.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Garry Gibbs did a great job of finally dialing up some Pressure Packages. I think we're a much better Defense when we mix it up, and bring some extra guys on the blitz rather than just rush 4 and drop everyone in coverage. (we were getting picked apart doing that in the earlier games) There was one play in particular where we shifted Grant, over to the Right Defensive side so Seattle's Left side of the Offensive line had to worry about blocking our 2 best pass rushers, which allowed Roman Harper to come clean on a Safety blitz. We managed to disrupt Hasselbeck a bit and throw off his timing.

Payton and the Offense finally managed to get into a groove from a Play calling, standpoint and an execution standpoint. I really liked how Reggie Bush was utilized early on in the game, I thought he did a good job of moving forward and hitting the hole early.. but I still would like to see a little more consistency from him and the run blocking in general. Did not like the fact we went into an Ultra conservative mode late in the game, but I can't blame Payton he had to protect the lead and there was no reason to jeopardize the game by forcing a risky play which could lead to a turnover.

I think Lance Moore, and David Patten are really establishing themselves, and getting comfortable in this Offense. Bad news for Devery Henderson whose role will probably decrease even more now, but both Lance, and Patten earned it they found the creases in the Defense and made some great catches to move the chains tonight. Colston is in a bit of a slump right now, but if he can break out of it (and I think he will) The Offense may finally be able to go back to moving the ball with very good frequency. I Still think we need to utilize Eric Johnson and his size, a little bit more over the middle.

Just finally glad to get a Win, disappointed that it took this long for the team to finally discover themselves.. but hey the past is in the past and it's time to make the most of this season. I thought this was an all-around team effort but Game balls go out to Mike McKenzie, Roman Harper, & Lance Moore for outstanding performances.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Video from NFL.com on how Sean Payton improvised and did some things Scheme wise.. to open up some running lanes for Reggie Bush. Utilized a Designed Sprint action Draw, fake reverses, to open up some space on the ground for Reggie.

Saw some really encouraging things in the Offensive design of the Game plan. Offensively we struggled to run the ball consistently in the 2nd half of the Seattle game but I'm hoping that Payton can pull a few more tricks out of his bag Scheme wise for Atlanta, that can create some more running lanes. I'd like to see Pierre Thomas get more touches as well..

One surprising aspect thus far, Is how much better we have been in Defending the run in contrast to last season. We haven't allowed a team to go over 100 yards rushing since Week 1, and are currently the 14th ranked Rush Defense giving up 3.7 yards per carry. Norwood and Dunn present some unique challenges, in the sense they both can bust a Home run play on you if your not careful and precise in your gap assignments.

Last edited by Auron : 10-19-2007 at 10:52 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

*sigh* We can still win this game, but eeek.

Old 10-21-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Just got back in, couldn't catch the game because I was at work. I got updates though and from what I heard it was a really sloppy game, but I'll take it for sure. Seems like we still have a lot of consistency issues to iron out (on both Offense, and Defense), but we fought and came back to win a Divisional game that we really needed.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I watched the game through SopCast (and it decided to cut it with 2 minutes left in the 4th, I was PISSED) but there were good things & bad things. But a win is a win and we needed it against a division opponent.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I don't know the exact stat yet, but the Saints had to have had a poor third down conversion attempt. Not good, they need to do better. Drew Brees wasn't great, he had pressure at times but other times he just didn't make great passes.

But the team made enough plays and less mistakes, say compared to the Panthers game, to win this game. That's all that matters, good job.

Also, credit to Devery Henderson for hanging onto a deep ball to make a great touchdown reception to get the Saints up early.