Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-23-2006, 12:51 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOSH
James Hardy is in the same breath as Calvin Johnson. Both are beasts at WR (when thrown to) and are gamebreaking type players. Gonzalez is the product of Troy Smith and the players around him. Sure he is good but no where near James Hardy good. If Hardy had a QB as good as Smith or Henne he would put up Randy Moss numbers and destroy teams on a weekly basis. Oh, I was a little surprised Tony Hunt didn't make first team but I can live with 2nd team. Penn State wouldn't have won 3 games without him but I guess the coaches know best.
Woah calm down there buddy. I'm a huge Hardy homer but come on.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:54 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOSH
James Hardy is in the same breath as Calvin Johnson. Both are beasts at WR (when thrown to) and are gamebreaking type players. Gonzalez is the product of Troy Smith and the players around him. Sure he is good but no where near James Hardy good. If Hardy had a QB as good as Smith or Henne he would put up Randy Moss numbers and destroy teams on a weekly basis. Oh, I was a little surprised Tony Hunt didn't make first team but I can live with 2nd team. Penn State wouldn't have won 3 games without him but I guess the coaches know best.
*Puts gun in mouth*

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 04:09 PM    (permalink
BerninWI
Rookie

BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerninWI
Wow, what a snub of Travis Beckum. Rivals has him rated as the #1 TE in that nation (appropriately, he leads all te's in the nation with 821 yards receiving, after a slow start since he was moving over from defensive end/linebacker) and yet he didn't make even the 2nd team big ten with the coaches. Many Iowa fans thought Chandler was crap this year. Long over Joe Thomas as OL of the year? Yeah, if they say so. Manningham missed a lot of games and as a result his body of work wasn't all that extensive. I think that spot should have gone to Bryant from Purdue or Hardy from Indiana. Both those players were better than the 2 who did make it. There was a lot of OSU and Michigan bias in these. Just because they are great teams doesn't mean nearly everyone at every position is the best for them.
Cry about it why don't ya?
Ohio State fans are arrogant but you're not? Nice avatar by the way. You'll be wearing Wisconsin's for a week next year.
BerninWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:30 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wow, what a snub of Travis Beckum. Rivals has him rated as the #1 TE in that nation (appropriately, he leads all te's in the nation with 821 yards receiving, after a slow start since he was moving over from defensive end/linebacker) and yet he didn't make even the 2nd team big ten with the coaches. Many Iowa fans thought Chandler was crap this year. Long over Joe Thomas as OL of the year? Yeah, if they say so. Manningham missed a lot of games and as a result his body of work wasn't all that extensive. I think that spot should have gone to Bryant from Purdue or Hardy from Indiana. Both those players were better than the 2 who did make it. There was a lot of OSU and Michigan bias in these. Just because they are great teams doesn't mean nearly everyone at every position is the best for them.
Ohio State fans are arrogant but you're not? Nice avatar by the way. You'll be wearing Wisconsin's for a week next year.
no I'm not really. You are homer who thinks wisconsin should get every amount of respect htey should, when they really should not

Manningham played better than Bryant and hardy, quit crying because Michigan and oSU players are better than wisconsins.

Honestley i see nothing wrong with these.

BTW, 24-10? :D

And yeah, uh no I won't, Wisconsin has zero chance of beating us next year.

The whole offense is returning, and The defense will rebuild. Its not like its that hard to stop wisconsin. Also Camp Randall isn't that tough to play in.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:18 AM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
God, you are the biggest wisconsin homer ever.

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 04:03 PM    (permalink
BerninWI
Rookie

BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ha! And yet I've been right about everything positive I've said about Wisconsin on these boards. And you've been wrong about EVERYTHING you've said about Wisconsin. That their defense isn't even top 30. That they'd fade down the stretch and lose to Penn State and Iowa. Then you get proven you are wrong but aren't man enough to admit it. I'm the biggest wisconsin homer ever. B.S., you're the biggest Wisconsin hater ever, and you buy into hype more than anyone I've ever seen.

Then you have Danman who comes on here pretty much implying that nobody ever has a chance in the big ten other than Michigan and Ohio State, which is factually incorrect. 93- Wisconsin share, 94- PSU, 95- NW, 96- NW share, 98- Wisconsin share, 99- Wisconsin, 00- NW and PU share, 01- Illinois, 02- Iowa share, 04- Iowa share, 05- PSU share. God, why did they even show up and play the games. BTW, last time at home, in 05', Wisconsin beat Michigan. Win on our homefield next year and then maybe you'll have something to talk about. You won't.

Comments from ohio state fans on buckeye planet when they saw that Travis Beckum wasn't on either 1st or 2nd team all big ten:

"Agree. I was shocked he wasn't on the 1st team. He's a monster."

"I agree Beckum should be a no brainer."

But honestly, YOU see nothing wrong with these. That's telling. You're not arrogant at all but they are. They are capable of giving credit where credit is due. I typically have had very good experiences with Buckeye fans, and find most of them to be reasonable people, and easy to have civil debates with. I can't say the same about Michigan fans, including you of course.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:08 PM    (permalink
danman253

Wah, Beckum didn't make it. Its not like it was clear cut. Honestley pal, relax. We beat you, deal with it. You won't beat us next year. Losing your veteran leader at QB and Joe thomas. Your offense revolves around 1 player, PJ Hill. I am not scared at all of Wisconsin.

Its funny that you claim to be a guru on Wisconsin football, yet the man you herald all the time (John Clay) may not even go there. Enjoy the Cap 1 bowl ace.

Also that whole thing about us losing last year, here is a hint. WE WERE AWFUL, and we stil lnearly won. Henne, Hart Manningham next year? I bet we drop 35+ in your house.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:23 PM    (permalink
BerninWI
Rookie

It's not clear cut at all, yet he was rivals #1 rated tight end, whereas Chandler was rated 13th. http://collegefootball.rivals.com/viewCFSE.asp

You will be lucky to drop 20 on Wisconsin unless your D-Line is near where they were this year (they won't be without Woodley, Branch, et al), keeping the Wisconsin D on the field like this year.

Ooh, John Clay "might" not at up at Wisconsin. Let me know when he commits somewhere else, otherwise hold your peace, because a statement like that is meaningless. I will enjoy Wisconsin's trip to the Cap One Bowl, where we hammer our SEC opponent again, and prove that the BCS is flawed and there should be a playoff.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:51 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ha! And yet I've been right about everything positive I've said about Wisconsin on these boards. And you've been wrong about EVERYTHING you've said about Wisconsin. That their defense isn't even top 30. That they'd fade down the stretch and lose to Penn State and Iowa. Then you get proven you are wrong but aren't man enough to admit it. I'm the biggest wisconsin homer ever. B.S., you're the biggest Wisconsin hater ever, and you buy into hype more than anyone I've ever seen.

Then you have Danman who comes on here pretty much implying that nobody ever has a chance in the big ten other than Michigan and Ohio State, which is factually incorrect. 93- Wisconsin share, 94- PSU, 95- NW, 96- NW share, 98- Wisconsin share, 99- Wisconsin, 00- NW and PU share, 01- Illinois, 02- Iowa share, 04- Iowa share, 05- PSU share. God, why did they even show up and play the games. BTW, last time at home, in 05', Wisconsin beat Michigan. Win on our homefield next year and then maybe you'll have something to talk about. You won't.

Comments from ohio state fans on buckeye planet when they saw that Travis Beckum wasn't on either 1st or 2nd team all big ten:

But honestly, YOU see nothing wrong with these. That's telling. You're not arrogant at all but they are. They are capable of giving credit where credit is due. I typically have had very good experiences with Buckeye fans, and find most of them to be reasonable people, and easy to have civil debates with. I can't say the same about Michigan fans, including you of course.
God Shut up, quit freakingg bitching. wahhhh Wisconsin should be higher, beckum should be 1st team, wahhhhhhhh. Get over it. Who gives a crap about awards, shut up for christs sake

Props to Darnik

Quote:

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
Old 11-24-2006, 05:01 PM    (permalink
BerninWI
Rookie

Blind ignorance masked as phony machismo
Old 11-24-2006, 05:24 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

Quote:
Blind ignorance masked as phony machismo
Ok smart guy, you want to know why I didn't give Wisconsin Respect? The same reason why the rest of the College football world doesn't! THEY NEVER WIN THE BIG TEN. It's the same reason why no one respects PSU, Iowa, and Wisconsin. Once in awhile, they get a team good enough to win the big ten. This was your year...and you still didn't do it. You get good recruiting classes, but are behind 4 other schools in your conference in recruiting this year...thats why I don't give them respect. Wisconsin is a good team, but not an elite team, it's been that way for years and it will continue to be...same goes for PSU and Iowa...so get used to never getting repsect for UW, because you never will be considered an elite team

Props to Darnik

Quote:

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
Old 11-24-2006, 05:27 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

God Shut up, quit freakingg bitching. wahhhh Wisconsin should be higher, beckum should be 1st team, wahhhhhhhh. Get over it. Who gives a crap about awards, shut up for christs sake
Agreed, stop being a little *****.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:50 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
It's not clear cut at all, yet he was rivals #1 rated tight end, whereas Chandler was rated 13th. http://collegefootball.rivals.com/viewCFSE.asp

You will be lucky to drop 20 on Wisconsin unless your D-Line is near where they were this year (they won't be without Woodley, Branch, et al), keeping the Wisconsin D on the field like this year.

Ooh, John Clay "might" not at up at Wisconsin. Let me know when he commits somewhere else, otherwise hold your peace, because a statement like that is meaningless. I will enjoy Wisconsin's trip to the Cap One Bowl, where we hammer our SEC opponent again, and prove that the BCS is flawed and there should be a playoff.

Hehe, keep runnin your mouth ace, you'll get embarrassed.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:06 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very glad Harris got what he deserves, Butkus award should be his as well
Old 11-27-2006, 07:32 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076

not a chance in hell you homer

Props to Darnik

Quote:

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
Old 11-27-2006, 07:50 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076
He's not a finalist and deservingly so.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
ThEvIcTR
Rookie

ThEvIcTR hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No Harris didn't deserve the Butkus Award. Our defense played to his strength and he also had an amazing D-line. I hope he gets drafted by the patriots in the late 2nd or early third portion of the draft.

Laurenitius and Connor are both looking to be stand out players next year and at the next level.

Thanks to Gang Green for the SIG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpbXXPOgR2w
ThEvIcTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:09 AM    (permalink
snuff

First of way to bring this thread back. Congratulations.

Second Harris is the most important person on our defense.

3rd Laurenitius is the most overrated player in the Big-10 and probably didn't shed a single block this whole season.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ginn should get first team before Gonzalez

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd have Hill>Pittman, but it looks all right.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink

Quote:
3rd Laurenitius is the most overrated player in the Big-10 and probably didn't shed a single block this whole season.
LOL, you show little knowledge when you say this type of bias crap.

You cannot have that many tackles, when you CANNOT shed blocks!

Most overrated is also a very bias and nowhere near true answer.

It really makes Michigan fans look horrible when you post. Usually I respect and love to hear a Michigan fans opinion, but most hate yours, even Michigan fans cringe when you speak.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
snuff

What you mean you can't have that many tackles and not shed blocks? He had like 20 tackles in UT game and played awful over perusing and getting taken out of plays.....

How about Derrick Johnson? He was all over the place and couldn't shed a tackle either.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
gettembuck

the word is biased. Somebody shows bias, but they are biased.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink

Snuff, take a second to think what you said, I will help you...."3rd Laurenitius is the most overrated player in the Big-10 and probably didn't shed a single block this whole season."

Now, I dont need to try and argue, you allready made yourself look stupid.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsfan
Snuff, take a second to think what you said, I will help you...."3rd Laurenitius is the most overrated player in the Big-10 and probably didn't shed a single block this whole season."

Now, I dont need to try and argue, you allready made yourself look stupid.
He is the most overrated player in the Big-10.... I deserved none of the award considerations he got and was the 3, 4, or possibly 5th best LB in the Big-10 this year. The second part was a hyperbole.... Since the sarcasm.