Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 10-23-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
disgruntledjetsfan
Rookie

disgruntledjetsfan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Glenn Dorsey

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while but I wanted to bring up Glenn Dorsey. With our schedule, it is quite possible that we end up with a top 3 pick in the draft. So, if Glenn Dorsey is available (we'd probably have to pick before the falcons..), do we take him? He is a little short to play NT, but after seeing him play a few times, he looks like he will be an absolute monster at any level.

Honestly, the guy appears to be quick enough to be a DE in the 3-4 if we wanted him to be...

Thoughts?
Old 10-23-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dorsey isn't short to play NT, maybe a LITTLE taller than ideal but definitely not too short. His weight and strength are the issue. I'm just not sure taking a guy and playing him out of position where he won't be able to play to his strengths with a top 3 pick is worth it. I think Dorsey is worth top 3 in a 4-3, but not in a 3-4. He's probably quick enough to play end, but doesn't have the height for the position. I think we try and move out of the spot or take somebody that's not being considered in the top 5 right now, like a Dre Moore who could be a big riser between now and draft day.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
tishdog
Rookie

tishdog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If we switched back our a 4-3 and drafted him our D would be pretty good i think.
DE- Sean Ellis
DT - D-Rob
DT- Glen Dorsey
DE- Kenyon Coleman would he fit?
OLB- Eric Barton, Brian Thomas
MLB Jonathan Vilma, David Harris
OLB- Victor Hobson, ?
SS- Kerry Rhodes
FS- Erik Coleman, Eric Smith, or new player?
CB- Darelle Revis
CB- Dyson and Barrett.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'd probably look more like:

DE- Thomas, Bowens

DT- D-Rob, Pouha

DT- Dorsey, Coleman

DE- Ellis, Hicks

OLB- Barton

MLB- Vilma, Harris

OLB- Hobson

and then the secondary as you listed it. Thomas is a natural end, Coleman is really a 3-4 end naturally but if forced into the 4-3 would probably have to be a tackle. We'd probably have to find some spot to start Harris, maybe move Vilma to WLB instead of Barton or something.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Even if we did switch back, I'd still like long instead at the DE, I just see him as being such a dominant force in the NFL, he's got all the things you can't teach...

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote