Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-26-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.
Default YOU are the GM of the Dallas Cowboys

I'd like to do something similar to what Thule is doing in his pick the Cowboys draft thread, but in this case, you get to be the GM of the Dallas Cowboys. Basically when the Cowboys make their picks, you get to outwit Jerry Jones.

When the Cowboys make their selections post here who you would have taken instead based on who remains on the board and why. I'd prefer you play along live, but I know some won't be on their PC's during the draft, so you are welcome to come in and post later who you would have chosen at each pick. Of course you can also agree with the pick just say why you agree or disagree.

In six months, a year, two years etc we can review how the Cowboys draft would have gone had we been the GM instead of Jerry, make fun of each other, and have for the record who wanted who at each pick. If you are in reserve your spot.

Of course if they boys trade up or down you have to go along with them, you can't make that decision for Jerry.

If one of you mod types approve a sticky would be helpful as well.

Format:

26-Anthony Spencer
My Pick-Anthony Spencer-Lets just say i'm so thrilled by this pick this guy will come in and have 10 sacks next year and be a DROY candidate. Love it, Love it, Love it, not to mention we get a high 2008 pick, great work Jerry.
67-James Marten
My Pick-Marcus McCauley, I'm ok with Martin, he's a tough guy playing a valuable position, but I would have chosen McCauley because we could use a CB and he has perhaps the most talent in this class, just hasn't shown it on the field.
103-Isaih Stanback-Thought it was a huge reach right here, great athlete lot of upside boom or bust type
My Pick-Paul Soliai, I think NT was a big need going into the draft and we didn't address it, woulda taken the big guy here and put him behind Fergy
122-Doug Free-No argument here, I think it was our best pick of the day, definately a value pick who could be our day 1 LT starter in 2008.
178-Nick Folk-Supposidly the best kicker at the combine, i'm not big on using draft picks on a kicker, hope he works out though
My pick-I really liked John Wendling the S from Wyoming here but I guess they think Watkins can develop so I can understand that
195-Deon Anderson-Was a head scratcher at first but now that I know about him i'm happy with the pick, assuming he can stay out of trouble.
My pick would have been Travarous Bain right there the CB, but he wasn't drafted so NFL teams probably know more than I do, happy with the pick though
212-Courtney Brown-Real happy about this guy, hopefully his small school skills transfer to Dallas, totall agree with the pick
237-Alan Ball???? ummmm who??? I suppose I can't agree with this one since I have no clue who he is, woulda been big Walter Thomas right there for me.

Last edited by jdnoyes : 04-29-2007 at 05:51 PM.
jdnoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm in.....

22-
53-
87-
122-
159-
195-
200-
212-
234-
237-
Old 04-26-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in.....

26- Anthony Spencer - Props to Jerry for making this savvy move and picking up a first in 2008.
67- Tank Tyler - However, I would've preferred to use some of our picks to move up for Dwayne Jarrett, Sidney Rice or Steve Smith.
103- Daymeion Hughes - I can live with Marten, but I would've been fine with Brandon Frye later on. Hughes is going to be a stud muffin!
122- Josh Beekman - I really don't like Kosier. Antonio Pittman would've been good here too.
159- Doug Free - Awesome pick!
178- Nick Folk - It's GOOOOOD!
195- Doug Datish - There's no one behind Gurode. Deon has a nice story, but this ain't Annie.
212- Courtney Brown - Eh, why not...
237-Brandon Siler - Can't argue with his production on the field. Alan Ball is a loser.

Last edited by D-Unit : 08-09-2007 at 03:32 AM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im in
26- Anthony Spencer- Good move by Jerry
67- James Marten- Tank Tyler would have been my choice
103-Isaiah Stanback- Would have taken Beekman
122- Doug Free- Like the pick
178- Nick Folk- Jordan Palmer
195- Deon Anderson- Ben Patrick
212- Courtney Brown- Love it
237- Alan Ball- As long as its not Reggie

Last edited by Im_a_Romosexual : 04-29-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
trademaster
Rookie

trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.

22-
53-
87-
122-
159-
195-
200-
212-
234-
237-

Jerry better make some good picks, because as much as I want to be right, I dont want to see our team draft another bust, so Jerry keep that Cowboy head of yours in the game.

Sig by Mockalicious

'''VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!''''

-Johnny Drama-
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Awesome idea if threads stay on the server that long.

22-
53-
87-
122-
159-
195-
200-
212-
234-
237-
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

This is an awesome idea. Should get this sticky'd IMO, to make it easier to review later on.

26- Anthony Spencer- Great pick-up who will unleash havoc in the NFL. Compliments DeMarcus Ware perfectly. On top of that getting a first round pick next year is just priceless.

67- James Marten- A solid pick-up but probably a reach here. Will definately be able to provide some depth.

103- Isaiah Stanback- Great athlete who will probably not make the team unless he "WOWs" some people on our staff.

122- Doug Free- Good pick, could be a future starter on our line.

178- Nick Folk- This guy could compete for the starting job. Word is he can handle kickoffs as well.

212- Courtney Brown- This guy has all of the intangibles which make up the prototypical NFL CB. Has great speed and size, but more of a project guy. Could be a real sleeper and perhaps be our nickleback some day.

237- Alan Ball- Probably a wasted pick who won't make the roster cut. Could of gotten other guys here at this spot.

Last edited by dc4life : 04-30-2007 at 11:20 PM.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This will be fun. I cant do it live, though. Going to a draft party.

26-Spencer-not a bad pick at all. Good upside. I would have taken Alan Branch, no question.

67-Marten-I am good with. I would have taken McCauley.

The rest were fine.

I can sum up my feelings like this-If you dont take Branch in round one, you take Tyler. If you dont get either of them, you take Soliai. If you dont get any of the three, you take Walter Thomas.

I think the draft was a good one. Include the extra first next year, and it is great. But I cant beleive we got no help at NT!!??

Last edited by HEISMANHERSCHEL : 05-09-2007 at 10:27 PM.
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:08 AM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

26-Anthony Spencer - Knew this was the guy, even at #22. Was ready for Jerry's "I just could not have slept tonight knowing we let Spencer get away" speech. Good pick. BUT, can't keep throwing pime picks at one position.
Also, I would have tried to get the Browns 3rd pick thrown into the Quinn deal. It was a potential Franchise QB ranked #8 on my board. Plus, they REALLY wanted him. Leverage!

67-James Marten - Yes, finally some OL depth.

103-Isaiah Stanback - Would have traded back some to get extra picks, then selected him. Interesting ATH. We'll see!

122-Doug Free - Yes! Another good pick. Rumors the Cowboys wanted Zak DeOssie here. NO! They did the right thing going with OL!

178-Nick Folk - It's a kicker. Going with the Scouts advice.

195-Deon Anderson - No problem with this pick. Hope the Cowboys actually use a FB.

212-Courtney Brown - Player with some upside.

237-Alan Ball - Would have taken a flyer on Thomas, Bullitt or another CB,Bain

Lacewell's at Valley Ranch. Brace yourself for a headscratcher.

Last edited by DallCowby1 : 04-30-2007 at 10:53 PM.
DallCowby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:30 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in.....

22-
53-
87-
122-
159-
195-
200-
212-
234-
237-

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:18 AM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in.....

53-
87-
122-
159-
195-
200-
212-
234-
237-

Last edited by nrcirc : 04-28-2007 at 03:24 PM.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

22-
53-
87-
122-
159-
195-
200-
212-
234-
237-

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I'll read this thread, please sticky it.

I'll be at the Nelson all weekend so the draft will be total recap mode for me.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Ok.

26- Anthony Spencer- Great pick, no complaints. Also got a top 5 pick next year. Joe Staley could have been the pick as well. Got our LT of the future, and put on some muscle under Flo, but the Spencer pick was just as good if not better.

67- James Marten- A solid pick who could develop into a starter. I would rather have grabbed Beekman, Tank Tyler, or McCauley, but it wasn't a terrible pick.

103- Isaiah Stanback- Although it is a big reach, I like the pick. The kid is an amazing athlete, and can be our Kordell Stewart/Brad Smith, but has way more speed (4.35 40, 6.68 60, 10.48 100). Can also play multiple positions and can be a great trick play
weapon. Also has a cannon arm. Probably 2nd in t he draft to JaMarcus Russell. THe pick is alright, but I would have taken someone like Beekman over him.

122- Doug Free- Great pick. One of the steals of the draft. SHould have gone in the 2nd round. Gives us more depth on the o-line. After an NFL off-season in the weight room (the only major knock on him is strength) this kid could be something special. I wouldn't change the pick.

178- Nick Folk- It is a kicker. We will have to wait and see. Has a cannon leg according to scouting reports. I would have taken the BPA.

212- Courtney Brown- From a measurable and production standpoint, this kid could be something. He played at a low level of competition and was rarelt thrown at during his senior year. A project who could turn into something special down the line. I like the pick.

237- Alan Ball- A 175 CB. I really don't know much about him, we will see in training camp what he can do. I would have taken Walter Thomas or Ramonce Taylor.

Last edited by Achilles33 : 04-29-2007 at 06:41 PM.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Let's Roll

22- Alan Branch or Trade with CLE
53-
87-
122-
159-
195-
200-
212-
234-
237-
- Atlanta Falcons GM

Last edited by UTPATS : 04-28-2007 at 03:15 PM.
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

26- Chris Houston
67- Jason Hill
103- Paul Soliai
122- Doug Free
178- Mason Crosby
200- Jacob Ford
212- Chris Leak
234- Brandon Siler
237- Kenny Scott

BoneKrusher

Last edited by Staubach12 : 04-29-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
26- Chris Houston
67- Jason Hill
103- Paul Soliai
122- Doug Free
178- Mason Crosby
200- Jacob Ford
212- Chris Leak
234- Brandon Siler
237- Kenny Scott
Cowboys should fire JJ and hire you. You don't have to more up since you want to draft Chris Houston.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Dcboys94

1. same trade down and get Spencer
3. aundrae allison
4. paul solai
4. Doug Free
6. Isaiah Stanback
6. Nick Folk
7. Courtney Brown
7. Siler
Old 10-01-2007, 02:35 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think this fits but after watching the Vikings today I thought of something.

I was really high on
Adrian Peterson
Sidney Rice
Brian Robison
Darren Sharper
Ryan Longwell
Marcus McCauley
Erasmus James
Chad Greenway

Just watching them today I noticed how many of those players I wanted on the cowboys. I'm sure this isn't the right place for this..but about as good of place as any.

Anyone else find that wierd or notice that with another team?

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:31 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted Robison and Mccauley as well, and they both look good...Sidney Rice also would of been good down the line, but he really doesnt have a spot on our team, he would have to beat out Hurd and he would obviously get many more opportunities on the Vikes then with us right off the bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I don't think this fits but after watching the Vikings today I thought of something.

I was really high on
Adrian Peterson
Sidney Rice
Brian Robison
Darren Sharper
Ryan Longwell
Marcus McCauley
Erasmus James
Chad Greenway

Just watching them today I noticed how many of those players I wanted on the cowboys. I'm sure this isn't the right place for this..but about as good of place as any.

Anyone else find that wierd or notice that with another team?
I called their draft the best in April. I am not surprised though MaCauley got hurt somewhat yesterday.

Rice, MaCauley, Marten, Solai, Folk, Siler and Brown ..... would have been a phenomenal draft.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I wanted Robison and Mccauley as well, and they both look good...Sidney Rice also would of been good down the line, but he really doesnt have a spot on our team, he would have to beat out Hurd and he would obviously get many more opportunities on the Vikes then with us right off the bat
I wonder when Modano will come on telling me Sidney Rice is not very good or could not have helped us this year.

Those types of plays in the end zone (like yesterday) is something every team wants. A guy who can just go pick it with his hands. He just has great body control and great hands.

I keep saying we need someone like that (tall and athletic with hands) but results so far make it hard to argue with happy-go-lucky fans.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
I wonder when Modano will come on telling me Sidney Rice is not very good or could not have helped us this year.
I've said that I think we can easily grab a better WR in next year's draft.
And we scored 45, 37, 34 and 35 points.
How could a rookie WR have helped us? Please don't tell me the same story about isolation plays etc etc, because our offense is amazing so far this year, probably Rice wouldn't have even seen the field this year.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
I've said that I think we can easily grab a better WR in next year's draft.
And we scored 45, 37, 34 and 35 points.
How could a rookie WR have helped us? Please don't tell me the same story about isolation plays etc etc, because our offense is amazing so far this year, probably Rice wouldn't have even seen the field this year.
Our offense may be productive so far but we have been a little disjointed inside the 20/10 yard line. Be nice to have a big guy to go up and get it.

I think we are leading the lead in +20 yard plays,+20 yard scores and % of Point Scored Outside of the 20.

We just are getting lots of big plays.... and that is a good thing.

Sidney Rice is the real deal and the second best WR in this past (LOADED) draft -- though Bowe is looking like TO with hands.

But hey you think Sweed/Jacskon/Doucet are all better..... we shall see.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If I am the GM of the Dallas Cowboys I offer the Bengals Bobby Carpenter and a 3rd Rounder for Chad Johnson.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote