Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-24-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats the contract situation like for Burnett and Ayodele?? It seems like next year we should see what Burnett and James can do, but that still leaves Carpenter out of the picture, If that happens I dont see why we dont try to get something for him...yes I know he's a great luxury in case something happens, but i just hate to see a 1st rd draft pick sit the bench and play ST until an injury happens or his contract is up and he leaves...id prefer trading him for a late 2nd/early 3rd although I know its likely it doesnt happen...

but Im just trying to get a feel for which guys are staying and who are leaving as of next year...guys who are still under contract I guess have to stay so we dont take a hit to our cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year, Akin signed a 5 year $17 million deal. ($5 million signing bonus)

Burnett signed a 5 year deal in 2005.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heres what Wade had to say about Bradie at the break....

Bradie James?
James has played outstanding. Hes a leader, hes smart, we are using him more and more. He can make adjustments and call audibles in the game, some guys can do that and you have to call everything for them. We are trying to utilize him more in that way, he can put us in the right defense. Him losing weight and becoming quicker is showing up, hes a good athlete, it didnt show up as much last year. (What about Akin Ayodele in the middle with him?) Bradie has been the dominant player, but we knew that Akin is a consistent player, we saw both were last year, but Bradie has stepped it up more. (Pass coverage?) We use him some, of course first down is nowadays 50/50 pass and run, but well feel comfortable with him in pass coverage. We put him on certain TEs one-on-one this year and he was fine, I was worried about that coming in to the season.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like pretty good praise for a guy who knows 3-4 LBers...im glad he's playing well, its obvious he's a leader...I dont know much about his coverage skills but from what Wade said he's done fine for what was asked of him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote