Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 10-23-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Kenny Phillips would be awesome. It'd be very tempting considering our safety situation is pretty much a mess right now. However, OLine is probably a much bigger need.

Well, Archuletta and Manning both played pretty well today at least.
This safety group is marginal at best. We're in dire need of assistance at this position. Archuleta is not the answer and neither is Manning or McGowan. I forsee a safety in the top 3 draft picks this upcoming season if a FA isn't selected. Hopefully Angelo won't go selecting some no name guy out of some DII or DIII school we've never heard of to no do shyt the next upcoming season. (i.e. Roosevelt Williams, Daniel Manning, and the list goes on.)
Old 10-24-2007, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

unfortuneatly I dont see Safety being a pick that has good value this year. There is only one true first round safety and he will go top 10 to 15. Our need for O-line is near druggy level, and we need to get a QB of the future. So unless a good safety falls through the cracks, I honestly think we will have to either sign a FA or wait until the next year.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
This safety group is marginal at best. We're in dire need of assistance at this position. Archuleta is not the answer and neither is Manning or McGowan. I forsee a safety in the top 3 draft picks this upcoming season if a FA isn't selected. Hopefully Angelo won't go selecting some no name guy out of some DII or DIII school we've never heard of to no do shyt the next upcoming season. (i.e. Roosevelt Williams, Daniel Manning, and the list goes on.)
Yeah like Charles Tillman. Seriously...didn't you used to know what you were talking about? When did you become such an overreacting flamer?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Yeah like Charles Tillman. Seriously...didn't you used to know what you were talking about? When did you become such an overreacting flamer?
Did I fart in your face or something? I'm stating an opinion here. Pull your skirt up. You're like a ticking time bomb and I have no clue why? Lay off the Nodoz and kick back Professor X.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
Trade up for Kenny Phillips?????

just playing.
I'm glad you're just playing. As if the Bears would have to trade up for a top ten pick. :D
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought of this thread immediatly after Manning made got the pass interference penalty for 47 yards against Detroit today.

You guys can officially fire this thread back up, lol.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That wasn't Daniel Manning with the PI, it was Archuletta lowering his shoulder into Williams for no god damn ******* reason.

This thread needs to have Manning's name replaced and Archuletta's name placed in instead.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That wasn't Daniel Manning with the PI, it was Archuletta lowering his shoulder into Williams for no god damn ******* reason.

This thread needs to have Manning's name replaced and Archuletta's name placed in instead.
The penalty was called on Archuleta but Manning was the one that really did it by pushing him in the back well before the ball came to him.

Either way they both suck.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We just need a safety, period. This game makes me want to see the Bears get Kenny Phillips once again. But then again, our OLine is atrocious as well. We have a lot of work to do in the offseason.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:24 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
We just need a safety, period. This game makes me want to see the Bears get Kenny Phillips once again. But then again, our OLine is atrocious as well. We have a lot of work to do in the offseason.
I couldn't agree more Smokey. Watching this sweep against the Lions is truly disgusting. There are several positions of need. Tait and Brown are truly showing their age. Both safety positions are truly a joke. McBride might bloom but as of now he has a LOT to learn. Other than Harris showing up there is nobody else to really help stuff the run on the D-Line. QB youth is going to be a need, and RB is truly a joke. I don't think all the positions of need can be addressed by the draft so I hope Lovie and Angelo pull their heads out of their a$$es and stop with the blind faith in players that just aren't going to pan out. FA and the Draft will be time for some serious upgrades for the Bears...I'm sorry but we just don't operate like the Patriots who year after year swap players and look as if nobody left.