Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC South Division Forum

NFC South Division Forum Discuss the NFC South

Old 10-29-2007, 06:28 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Midway NFC South Discussion

South Standings After Week 8:

Carolina 4-3
Tampa Bay 4-4
New Orleans 3-4
Atlanta 1-6

The past few weeks the Bucs have dropped 2 straight, and the Panthers are having some QB troubles. The Saints have fought their way back into the hunt, but also have a grueling game against Jacksonville next week. The Panthers are going on the road to face the Titans, the Bucs are hosting the Cardinals, and the Falcons host the 49ers as well.

How these teams do in this mid season stretch will be crucial to decide the division.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Either way this is probably the worst division in the NFL.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see the Saints stopping the Jags' Run Attack. Panthers will probably lose to the Titans, Cards at Bucs is too close to call, And the 49ers will probably beat the Falcons because the Falcons are just awful.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've given up on analyzing the division. It's too much of a crapshoot to discuss.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:56 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You're right, it's totally garbage right now. This division is just insane, these teams are built to compete against each other, and the Falcons were built to compete with Michael Vick, until this new system can be implemented the Falcons are going to be cellar dwellers, but one thing that everyone is failing to realize...the Falcons aren't getting run out in any of these games, no one is beating this "awful" team badly, they are hanging in there and taking their punches. The defense is STOUT, and is going to be what the team has to build from. The Falcons towards the end of the season will start winning some games and be a team to be delt with next season. There are so many question marks and HORRIBLE injuries we've had to deal with and we're still not getting blown out. It makes me frustrated that we're not a team that can impose its will to win at this point, but to be able to hang tight against some very tough opponents, it makes me very happy, and also not so quietly optimistic.

I thought the Bucs were on their way to proving me right when I said they'd end up winning the division this year, but now with the loss of Caddy and Pitman, Garcia has to make more plays, which is going to force him to make bad throws and cause turnovers, so I think they'll end up not winning too many more games. Panthers just aren't that good, and the Saints aren't either, but they appear to be the only team that's going to try to turn it on and put things together. So they'll likely end up winning the division again.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think people are really confusing the Falcons defense as horrid. It's just that your offense is beyond woeful, which is to be expected.

The Buc's have a lot of question marks at the moment and a dozen players on injured reserve, but I believe we can defeat Arizona at home and get our season back on track, ie finish around 9-7.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Either way this is probably the worst division in the NFL.
No way. The NFC South is much, much better than the NFC West.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
I don't see the Saints stopping the Jags' Run Attack. Panthers will probably lose to the Titans, Cards at Bucs is too close to call, And the 49ers will probably beat the Falcons because the Falcons are just awful.
The Saints run defense hasn't be so bad lately. I think Jacksonville will win, but I expect it to be a gritty, physical game. I also expect Fred Thomas to blow a coverage assignment and lose the game.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
No way. The NFC South is much, much better than the NFC West.
I agree, the NFC South is by no means strong but the NFC West just looks like a mess right now. Look at the head to head match ups between the 2 divisions. The Panthers and Bucs both beat the Rams by multiple scores, the Panthers were able to beat Arizona pretty handily, and their Division leading Seahawks lost to a 3rd place Saints team to give us our first victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
The Saints run defense hasn't be so bad lately. I think Jacksonville will win, but I expect it to be a gritty, physical game. I also expect Fred Thomas to blow a coverage assignment and lose the game.
Will be a tough game indeed, I don't think we'll see much of Fred Thomas on the field as Jason David has returned and actually played very well vs. the 49ers, and hopefully if we have to go into Dime situations Usama Young will be out there instead.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Many people are jumping back onto the Saints' bandwagon. I'm not so optimistic. They gave up 400+ yards to the Quinn Gray-led Jacksonville Jaguars. Meanwhile Tampa Bay is 2-0 in the NFC South and Jeff Garcia continues to manage their offense very well.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:04 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Garcia did single handedly lose a game to the Quinn Gray-led Jaguars, while the Saints didn't
Old 11-07-2007, 01:07 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints have not given up 100 yards rushing since Week 1. I find that pretty impressive.

But yeah, I don't think Jason David needs to be the starting Saints CB opposite McKenzie. If I had it my way Usama Young would be starting with David manning the nickel.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:07 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I think the Buc's are in the drivers seat, although the Saints aren't far behind. If Garcia can continue to keep errors to a minimum and make gutsy plays, the Buc's should continue to win. When Garcia plays poorly, the Buc's lose.

If the Buc's stutter, even for a week or so, the Saints will pounce, and will be tough to chase down.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:09 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
I think the Buc's are in the drivers seat, although the Saints aren't far behind. If Garcia can continue to keep errors to a minimum and make gutsy plays, the Buc's should continue to win. When Garcia plays poorly, the Buc's lose.

If the Buc's stutter, even for a week or so, the Saints will pounce, and will be tough to chase down.
At least it should be a good race nonetheless.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:00 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
At least it should be a good race nonetheless.
The Buc's Vs Saints rematch is going to be a great match, especially if the teams continue to post a similar win/loss record.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Falcons aren't out of it yet! Especially if we knock off Carolina this week...
Old 11-09-2007, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Falcons aren't out of it yet! Especially if we knock off Carolina this week...
I have no doubt it will be a blockbuster...

Old 11-14-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Well...Falcons are trying to sneak up on people...we just have to keep on winning close games. This team could easily be 7-2 just because they were in so many games...I know they aren't, and have a lot of work...but seems like they are buying in...and if you learn how to win the close games, winning the blowouts are easy. I really would like to see our offense click in and put up 35+ one week though.