Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 10-29-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default It's Official: Clemens to Start vs. Washington

Quote:
Quarterback Kellen Clemens will start Sunday for the New York Jets when they host the Washington Redskins at the Meadowlands. Head coach Eric Mangini made the announcement Monday, less than 24 hours after the Jets scored only three points against the Buffalo Bills.

"I talked to Chad, I talked to Kellen, and I talked to the team," Mangini said. "And moving into Sunday, Kellen will be the starting quarterback."

This will be the second pro start for Clemens. He was at the offensive controls in Week 2 at Baltimore when Chad Pennington was shelved with an ankle injury.

In the 20-13 defeat, Clemens improved as the game went on and nearly led the Green & White back from a 17-point deficit. He recovered after an early interception against a good
the Jets to 10 wins and a wild-card playoff berth.

But at this season’s midway point, the Green & White have just one win and have dropped five consecutive games. In their last two home games, losses to Philadelphia and Buffalo, they didn't register an offensive touchdown. Pennington has completed 67.4 percent of his passes and has compiled an 87.5 passer rating.

“I made this decision not based on singling out Chad for where we are but based on the fact that I think Chad has earned this opportunity,” Mangini said. “And I want to give him this opportunity. In no way is Chad totally responsible — we all are. There are plenty of things each person can improve.”

The 6’2”, 233-pound Clemens, a 2006 second-round
Nevertheless, Mangini said Pennington took word of his decision well.

"Chad, he's great. He handles everything with the same professionalism and poise," Mangini said. "I respect him so much for that."

Ravens defense, throwing for 260 yards and two scores while completing 51 percent of his passes.

“I thought it was an opportunity he created and he deserved,” Mangini said of Clemens' opportunity.

LINK

Best Monday ever. :D

Last edited by Zim3031 : 10-29-2007 at 05:53 PM.
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Gridiron
Rookie

Gridiron hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

:)

awesome
Gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good to see, it really can't hurt us any worse than the 3 point outing Pennington just gave us. at least we can give the guy a shot and by seasons end have a better idea of the future

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote