Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-01-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
What laptop company doesn't use "outside parts"?

IBM doesn't make laptops. Their laptop division was purchased by Lenovo years ago.
Im pretty sure HP uses their own parts. I remember hearing that the mother board and a bunch of other parts are all there's. Just saying.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far I have been mainly concentrating on Gateway's and Dell's but have a problem with each. On Gateway you can't get a processor over 2GHz on any of their models and with Dell you can but it's pretty darn expensive. In a perfect world I thnk I'd like to get a Dell M1710 (powerful, looks cool, etc.) but whenver I modify with with the configuration I want it ends up being well over $3k ($3,716 to be exact with warranty, etc.), which is more than I'm looking to drop.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lenevo go with them, avoid Dells at least insperions
Old 11-01-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Im pretty sure HP uses their own parts. I remember hearing that the mother board and a bunch of other parts are all there's. Just saying.
Sure, the motherboard is about the only component that would be made by the laptop company. Even then, it doesn't make it any better.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
ArtfulDodger

Stop looking at GHZ and start looking at L2 Cache and Cores. Much bigger difference than 200mhz...
Old 11-01-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
So far I have been mainly concentrating on Gateway's and Dell's but have a problem with each. On Gateway you can't get a processor over 2GHz on any of their models and with Dell you can but it's pretty darn expensive. In a perfect world I thnk I'd like to get a Dell M1710 (powerful, looks cool, etc.) but whenver I modify with with the configuration I want it ends up being well over $3k ($3,716 to be exact with warranty, etc.), which is more than I'm looking to drop.
This is the one you want imo....number one rated laptop by cnet.com. Toshiba's are the current best laptops on the market. Basically gives you everything you want in your deal and then some...definately check it out.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...activeda686-20

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
This is the one you want imo....number one rated laptop by cnet.com. Toshiba's are the current best laptops on the market. Basically gives you everything you want in your deal and then some...definately check it out.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...activeda686-20
That's definitely a nice setup.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

take the deal Scott and run with it
Old 11-02-2007, 07:54 AM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

do not get a gateway, they are pieces. there is a reason it has the most for the least amount.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:26 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just something to look at if you just want a new computer that will do everything you need..you might want to check out the local wal-mart today....

A good deal on a cheap laptop.

"Secret" Sale Friday at 8 a.m. $348 OTD Acer Celeron 530 Laptop 15.4"/1GB RAM/80GB HD/DVD Combo at Wal-Mart B&M

The specs:
Model AS5315-2153
Acer Aspire Celeron 530 (one of the new ones based on Core 2 Duo architecture - this isn't a clearance laptop!)
80 GB HD
6.17 lbs.
15.4" WXGA widescreen
802.11b/g Wireless
1024 MB DDR2 RAM
DVD/CD combo drive
Windows Vista Basic
3 USB ports
960GML Chipset
Integrated Intel X3100 GMA graphics

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatech=accdomination View Post
do not get a gateway, they are pieces. there is a reason it has the most for the least amount.
I have to say I've had excellent experiences with my Gateways. My last two desktops and my current laptop are all Gateways and I've never had a problem with them...

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote