Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-08-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i was just about to post how we're not looking too good. but than Ron Girault makes me happy again with an INT in the end zone!!!

couple drops, one by brown and underwood. whole team is sloppy with penalties on O, D, and special teams. I expect us to turn it around with that. 17-7, just got the ball on the 20 thanks to my boy Ron, time to try and pull away
They looked ok. Teel looked great. The defense was beating themselves with penalties and what not. Everything easily correctable.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

teel is gonna prove people that he isnt a mediocre QB. I'm pumped with our O, even though we had some drops. those bombs teel threw to britt and brown were unbeleivable. they were right on target, hit them in stride. i expected tim's wrist to be rusty, but thats not an excuse for his drop.

Greg will be all over them for all those penalties
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know we've played 3 laughers but this thread should be more active. Any thoughts on the Kordell Young injury? Who is now going to back up Rice and will this hurt against some of the better teams?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too bad Rutgers didnt get Knowshon Moreno...I love this kid...he would have looked real nice playing in Piscataway.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 07:45 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I know we've played 3 laughers but this thread should be more active. Any thoughts on the Kordell Young injury? Who is now going to back up Rice and will this hurt against some of the better teams?
I'm really more worried about the special teams. Young was great catching psases for us out of the backfield, and was a great spell to Ray, but I think Mason can handle 5 touches a game, which is really at most all he'll need. Now we need Brown to be ready as our main return man.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any thoughts on yesterday's game? Those cutback runs by Lattimore just killed us all game. The LB's almost never stayed in their gaps and got ran by all day. It also didn't help the refs did not call one hold when there were about 5 big ones they could have called.

On offense we got away from the run way too quickly because of our success to throw the ball downfield at the end of the 1st half.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-30-2007, 10:58 AM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That hurt yesterday, if we won, we'd've shot up in the rankings with a lot of teams losing. We still have a shot at the Big East title at least. WVU and South Florida games are gunna be crazy.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

That's what Schiano gets for scheduling high school teams for the first three games of the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Any thoughts on yesterday's game? Those cutback runs by Lattimore just killed us all game. The LB's almost never stayed in their gaps and got ran by all day. It also didn't help the refs did not call one hold when there were about 5 big ones they could have called.

On offense we got away from the run way too quickly because of our success to throw the ball downfield at the end of the 1st half.

we need D'Imperio badly. or Devraun back
Quote:
Old 09-30-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was it wrong I laughed after Rutgers lost the other day? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Rutgers, it's just I couldn't help but think to myself as I logged onto the boards, "I bet Scottyboy is crying at this very moment." Heh, sorry.

Well, I think either Rutgers or South Florida wins the conference at this point, but I wouldn't be surprised if UCONN ran the tables for the conference title. I go to college here and I have to say they look good. Even though they haven't played a great team (other than Pitt), they still look really good with Tyler Lorenzen.

Which reminds me, does Tyler have any relation to Jared? Hmm.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think UCONN is going to become a solid team, not sure about their future recruiting as I can't imagine Connecticut being a football hotbed (no offense, though).

I wasn't that high on USF as opposed to Cincy this season but boy was I wrong. I still think that seeing how L'Ville is out of it, that RU can beat:

PITT
Syracuse
Louisville
UCONN

That leaves Cincy, WVU, USF as toss-up games. I know I'm forgetting someone though. Anyway, after seeing Lattimore's abilities at RB, I'm worried how this team will do against USF. Groathe and Ford are pretty powerful type runners so there is some worry here. Cutback runners can or will kill this team if MD was any indication.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I think Tim Brown is going to have a big game tonight.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-18-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

this game is huge tonight. A win puts us back in the top 25 and exposes USF for a vastly over rated team. A loss really sets us back, and we'd be looking at a crappy bowl
Quote:
Old 10-26-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

A bit of good and bad news here. 1st the bad, DC Jefferson withdrew his verbal commit and commited to LSU. this sucks, thought we'd get a great QB in here soon, but damn that LSU

Also, in good news, Will Hill, yes the #1 prospect Will Hill, said he may re-open his recruitment after having a blast at the RU USF game, where afterwards, Schiano said he would have a chance to play both sides of the ball, something he wouldnt do in Florida. He also has a cousin on RU, but i dont remember who it is at the moment.
Quote:
Old 10-27-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
A bit of good and bad news here. 1st the bad, DC Jefferson withdrew his verbal commit and commited to LSU. this sucks, thought we'd get a great QB in here soon, but damn that LSU

Also, in good news, Will Hill, yes the #1 prospect Will Hill, said he may re-open his recruitment after having a blast at the RU USF game, where afterwards, Schiano said he would have a chance to play both sides of the ball, something he wouldnt do in Florida. He also has a cousin on RU, but i dont remember who it is at the moment.
I saw we lost Jefferson to LSU but I didn't see that about Hill. I doubt he switches but if he did oh baby.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-27-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
I saw we lost Jefferson to LSU but I didn't see that about Hill. I doubt he switches but if he did oh baby.
i doubt he switches too, but that would be crazy. the fact he's considering is almost a victory for us
Quote:
Old 10-27-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sucks about DC, I guess Shimko is the future after Teel is gone?

Anyway if RU even gets Hill to consider, like scottyboy said, wow.

I want to see RU beat WVU before I die, c'mon guys!

Old 10-27-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Black uniforms sure look different. No longer the Scarlet Knights for this game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-27-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Quote:
Black uniforms sure look different. No longer the Scarlet Knights for this game.
Yeah I was going to say they are the Black Knights but I just felt wrong saying that.

Old 10-27-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
Yeah I was going to say they are the Black Knights but I just felt wrong saying that.
I actually like them they are just different.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-28-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tough loss to West Virginia.

I'm not looking forward to have to see UCONN play West Virginia as I know that's probably a guaranteed loss.

UCONN is ranked and in lead of the Big East though so that's quite awesome!

Still, I'd like to see Rutgers do well also.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
BigBlue58KiperIII
Rookie

BigBlue58KiperIII hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

But not until next week Forenci. This should be a defensive battle. Redshirt Freshman LB Scott Lutrus has been an absolute beast so far. He was a RB in college but has absolutely exploded for back to back Defensive POTW awards in the Big East. Andre Dixon is going to be special, but Mike Teel will make mistakes against the Huskies D that has 18 picks which is 1st in the nation.
2009 UConn Draft picks? Darius Butler, CB, Cody Brown, DE, Will Beatty, OT
2007 Co-Big East Champs

Donald Brown 2008 D-1 rushing title
BigBlue58KiperIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Indeed, indeed. I'm really looking forward to this game too. Do you know if the game will be on any of the local channels here in Connecticut? I heard it wasn't supposed to be.

Generally WCTX has been showing a lot of the UCONN games but I don't know if that'll be the case. I really want to see this game too.

You're right though, Lutrus has been an absolutely beast. I'm really like how Tyler has been playing for as at QB too. I mean, he's so good at not turning the ball over and putting the ball on the money.

DJ Hernandez has been awesome as a conversion to WR too. He just breaks tackle after tackle, plays with a lot of passion and has never complained about the switch.

I just hope we benefit from a recruiting stand point. This could be a turning point for the football program.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was going into this thread expecting 100% that scottyboy made it not NFLDC's most useless 3,000 posts poster!

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
i was going into this thread expecting 100% that scottyboy made it not NFLDC's most useless 3,000 posts poster!
i turn every thread into a rutgers thread haha. but that useless poster is my boy, im fine with the fact he made it. him, jug, bbd and gf1080 may be the only acceptable ones though haha
Quote: