Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-26-2006, 11:12 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Braylon Edwards Tirade...

Anyonelse see Braylon go off on Charlie Frye? I guess his explanation was that he as trying to get his guys fired up or something like that.

All I know is that it didn't look good at all. I guess I believe him but it really looked like he was attacking his QB there.

What are your guys' thoughts on things like this where the WR goes after the QB in general?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 11:14 PM    (permalink

I think Braylon is a hard-working, high-effort guy whose stuck in a situation where he can't flourish and he's frustrated about it. I understand it a whole lot more than when I see Plaxico or Antonio Bryant throw a temper tantrum because their QB got sacked, but they were open once the CB saw the sack and pulled off them.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:29 PM    (permalink
danman253

Braylon is in a bad situation. He has the worst QB in football and all Frye does is stare down one WR a game, usually Soldier. I would not call it a tirade, he is just trying to get frye to play football.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He went at his O-Line not Frye

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 11:33 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life
They have an o-line? Who all is on it?
Old 11-26-2006, 11:33 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
really i saw otherwise.
as long as its not like TO and not consistent.Edwards is a competitor and just wants to win.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:35 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Re: Braylon Edwards Tyrade...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Anyonelse see Braylon go off on Charlie Frye? I guess his explanation was that he as trying to get his guys fired up or something like that.

All I know is that it didn't look good at all. I guess I believe him but it really looked like he was attacking his QB there.

What are your guys' thoughts on things like this where the WR goes after the QB in general?

Thats frustration stemming from the browns abysmal play.

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 11:58 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no, it looked like he went after frye
Old 11-26-2006, 11:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
no, it looked like he went after frye
Um yea he did go after Frye, he grabbed Charlie's jersey.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default yep...

Yah he was going straight for Frye from what I saw. I'd rather have a guy frustrated cause he wants to win than have someone mope and not even try cause he isn't "happy". We'll trade you Moss for Braylon straight across.....we'll even throw in an offensive co-ordinator....come on...

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:16 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's the new T.O. minus the skill.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:17 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean
How exactly is that? :?
Old 11-27-2006, 12:27 AM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

imagine copping abuse from a bloke thats achieved 2/5 of exactly nothing. I guess if Braylon actually does something it might count

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:31 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan
imagine copping abuse from a bloke thats achieved 2/5 of exactly nothing. I guess if Braylon actually does something it might count
If you're an even bigger bloke who is holding back the bloke whose achieved 2/5 of nothing, it's imaginable.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:58 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Yes and he has a qb that can get him the ball, and a line that allows his qb to do so.

Braylon is not a headcase, he has not once called out his team as losers or ever quit on them
Old 11-27-2006, 01:01 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Braylon's an awesome receiver, I don't blame him for being stuck on such a crappy team. I wish to god he were a Charger.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:12 AM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so you guys are saying that he has some talent then thats ok...........right?

how bout he gets out there rallies his team, works with Frye and becomes a better teamate. You know maybe put his ego aside, work with a guy playing an infinately harder position because as long as i can remember the WR can only catch passes throw to him by his QB. I'm sure bitchin and moaning to Frye will certainly improve life for everyone.

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:14 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
well, obviously he's not as good as T.O. and i just said that cuz T.O. has done it on every team he's been on so far.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:25 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FNIA said per Peter King that Braylon Edwards was talking to Charlie Frye about how his O-line wasn't giving him time to do anything and wanted to get his attention, thus the hand-check.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:05 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
well, obviously he's not as good as T.O. and i just said that cuz T.O. has done it on every team he's been on so far.
Braylon tried to motivate him, not take personal shots at him. He said it at his press conference.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:06 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
so you guys are saying that he has some talent then thats ok...........right?

how bout he gets out there rallies his team, works with Frye and becomes a better teamate. You know maybe put his ego aside, work with a guy playing an infinately harder position because as long as i can remember the WR can only catch passes throw to him by his QB. I'm sure bitchin and moaning to Frye will certainly improve life for everyone.
Wow you're ignorant. He was trying to motivate frye. He does not have an ego. Not everyone you dislike is a jerk. Braylon is one of the hardest workers around.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:16 AM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If Andre Johnson doesn't ***** about his situation, then all other wide receivers in the NFL shouldn't have a reason to ***** about their situation.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:54 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just so you know there's no y in tirade.

Everyone keep in mind that Danman, as the biggest Michigan homer in the galaxy, is the biggest apologist for Edwards and lives in Chicago, meaning he likely never watches the Browns.

I like Braylon Edwards but he's made a ton of mistakes this year. He's best known at this point in his career for dropping catches at big moments in the game. Kellen Winslow is by far the best offensive player on this team, Edwards is at best second banana.

Second of all, Edwards has a gigantic ego. Because you likely haven't heard a press conference since he was at Michigan you have no idea. He called out his own player last week and has on numerous occasions talked **** to opposing teams and then gone out and got his ass handed to him. Not to mention he wore a pink suit to the draft.

Third of all, Charlie Frye is a sacrificial lamb for this team. There have been numerous times where he can barely conduct a press conference because he's gotten his brains scrambled so much. If there is one player on this team that deserves to simply be left alone on the sidelines it's Charlie. Braylon is out of his mind in thinking he is the leader of this team.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:23 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i used to like edwards but after this week, i have other thoughts

he talks **** about the game sunday and he doesnt back anything up

he doesnt defend his own teammate brian russell, and says the CJ hit was un called for and cheap

then get sin the face fo the Qb on the sidelines

well at least hes good and doesnt drop passes or anything, and he's also really good at route running, so he's aloud to talk trash and yell at his teammates, because he's already accoplished so much at such a young age. so yeah he's defitnaly aloud to talk because he backs it up. :roll: :roll:
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:17 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Just so you know there's no y in tirade.

Everyone keep in mind that Danman, as the biggest Michigan homer in the galaxy, is the biggest apologist for Edwards and lives in Chicago, meaning he likely never watches the Browns.

I like Braylon Edwards but he's made a ton of mistakes this year. He's best known at this point in his career for dropping catches at big moments in the game. Kellen Winslow is by far the best offensive player on this team, Edwards is at best second banana.

Second of all, Edwards has a gigantic ego. Because you likely haven't heard a press conference since he was at Michigan you have no idea. He called out his own player last week and has on numerous occasions talked *********** to opposing teams and then gone out and got his ass handed to him. Not to mention he wore a pink suit to the draft.

Third of all, Charlie Frye is a sacrificial lamb for this team. There have been numerous times where he can barely conduct a press conference because he's gotten his brains scrambled so much. If there is one player on this team that deserves to simply be left alone on the sidelines it's Charlie. Braylon is out of his mind in thinking he is the leader of this team.
Exactly.

Also, if Frye had something that atleast resembled an o-line he wouldn't have to always run for his life and dump it off to K2. Frye and Braylon are also dealing with possibly the worst, most icompetant offensive coaching staff in league. So, give them until next year to formulate your opinions, hopefully we will clean house this year as far a offensive coaches and philosophy goes.

Not to forget that it is all Frye and the o-line fault either. Braylon has not been getting open and has been dropping WAY too many balls for someone making that kind of money.

I never really wanted Braylon in the first place and if there are anymore issues i want his head.