Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-01-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
ArtfulDodger

Lol you said collaborated with Mariah Carey and Twista like it was some accomplishment. HEHEHEHE
Old 11-01-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Cunit2k7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtfulDodger View Post
Lol you said collaborated with Mariah Carey and Twista like it was some accomplishment. HEHEHEHE
mariah carey is one of the biggset music artists of our generation. ya the collabo on her cd was nice (not lil love). and the two collabos with twista have been nice. i forgot to mention before that bone's first stuff was in 1991 so ya i would consider them og's. i would love to her how they suck considering their resume.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunit2k7 View Post
mariah carey is one of the biggset music artists of our generation. ya the collabo on her cd was nice (not lil love). and the two collabos with twista have been nice. i forgot to mention before that bone's first stuff was in 1991 so ya i would consider them og's. i would love to her how they suck considering their resume.
What is an OG to you? You just keep throwing out that term in the most random spots. OG, as I know it, is an older gangster ("original gangster") who is a leader in a gang. I have no idea how that relates to Bone Thugs N Harmony or any of these other rappers for that matter.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Cunit2k7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
What is an OG to you? You just keep throwing out that term in the most random spots. OG, as I know it, is an older gangster ("original gangster") who is a leader in a gang. I have no idea how that relates to Bone Thugs N Harmony or any of these other rappers for that matter.
i look at it as original gangsters in the rap game. early 90s rappers late 80s rappers? 2pac biggie nwa public enemy bone wu tang. doesnt have to refer only to a gang member but if u want to put it that way... they were in a gang in cleveland.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you wanna go as late as the mid-late 80's Big Daddy Kane is the "Original G" anyone who tells you different is wrong, but not mentioning Rakim is so wrong.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Cunit2k7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
If you wanna go as late as the mid-late 80's Big Daddy Kane is the "Original G" anyone who tells you different is wrong, but not mentioning Rakim is so wrong.
i ain't no joke
Old 11-01-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
CherryGarcia510
Rookie

CherryGarcia510 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
what do u guys think is the best rap cd ever? i am a little biased to bone because i have been listening to them since i was 5. with that said im going to say E.1999 Eternal for the best rap cd ever. There are plenty of cds you can make a good case for mine being that there are no weak tracks on this album and the weaker ones are still listenable. also with classics like down 71, tha crossroads, first of the month, buddah lovaz, mo murda, mr bill collector, east 1999, eternal, da introduction this is truly a masterpiece. others i would consider as great are ready to die, illmatic, chronic 2001, moment of truth.

in my opinion illmatic or reasonable doubt

props to Eaglez. Fan on the sig
CherryGarcia510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Cunit2k7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryGarcia510 View Post
in my opinion illmatic or reasonable doubt
im not the biggest fan of jay z for whatever reason i dont see him as the legend he is made out to be.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
rakim is real good, i wish i knew more of his stuff

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

o and bone thugs n harmony is great
they have unbelievable flow because they can rap faster than most, and their lyrics are strong....
i really like them

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MM3. Coming in December. If you don't know what that is, then do some research.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
ArtfulDodger

Cage - The subtle art of the breakup.

Live in awe of greatness.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
im not the biggest fan of jay z for whatever reason i dont see him as the legend he is made out to be.
How do you figure? Jay-Z has been consistently good, over the years. More consistent than Bone Thugs N Harmony. I'm not hating on Bone Thugs but I don't see them as the 'OGs' you're making them out to be. I don't even like Jay-Z that much. I only care for a couple songs. I think he has flow and I know he's been consistent with it since his beginnings.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
MM3. Coming in December. If you don't know what that is, then do some research.
sweet..do u think that this will be ems biggest cd

i do think its shady right?
Old 11-01-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
sweet..do u think that this will be ems biggest cd

i do think its shady right?

No he means Mood Musik 3.

Joe Budden's Mixtape

The other 2 were classics.

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:41 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843 View Post
No he means Mood Musik 3.

Joe Budden's Mixtape

The other 2 were classics.

We have a winner. I been tryin to get so many people to give Budden a chance recently that I should be on his payroll. I really just wanna see good hip-hop spread. You can't listen to Ransom note and tell me it's not one of the top 5 diss tracks of all time. Dude is too talented.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:54 AM    (permalink
Cunit2k7

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
How do you figure? Jay-Z has been consistently good, over the years. More consistent than Bone Thugs N Harmony. I'm not hating on Bone Thugs but I don't see them as the 'OGs' you're making them out to be. I don't even like Jay-Z that much. I only care for a couple songs. I think he has flow and I know he's been consistent with it since his beginnings.
i know he has had a better career. he has been more consistent for a longer period of time i just dont think he is as good as biggie 2pac nas eazy e rakim and the other great artists that he is put in the same category with. he is a good rapper but i dont think he should be considered one of the best. he has had a great deal of success but a lot of it comes from his commercial stand point. many things played into him being big like being associated with puff and biggie also the whole deal with nas. bone's lack of consistent success has been because of the whole bizzy thing, ruthless, and they are from the midwest. i never thought jay z was that sweet because he doesnt change it up that much he sounds the same IMO.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i know he has had a better career. he has been more consistent for a longer period of time i just dont think he is as good as biggie 2pac nas eazy e rakim and the other great artists that he is put in the same category with. he is a good rapper but i dont think he should be considered one of the best. he has had a great deal of success but a lot of it comes from his commercial stand point. many things played into him being big like being associated with puff and biggie also the whole deal with nas. bone's lack of consistent success has been because of the whole bizzy thing, ruthless, and they are from the midwest. i never thought jay z was that sweet because he doesnt change it up that much he sounds the same IMO.

And you like Bone Thugs who are set apart from the rest because the way they sound and rap? or is just because they're some "OGs" from Ohio?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Cunit2k7

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
And you like Bone Thugs who are set apart from the rest because the way they sound and rap? or is just because they're some "OGs" from Ohio?
i like them because they are extremely unique and i feel they incorporate a lot of acutal musical elements into their rapping. If you have ever heard days of our livez you will know what I am talking about. The intro the that song is unbelievable and I have never honestly heard a rap song that can match that in terms of rapping and incorporating music. I like bone thugs because they can do thuggish songs and then they can do sweet laid back ones. Back in the day they were disgusting on the mic and the delivery on every verse was correct. A lot of rappers are monotone and I find them boring. There a few that i can stand like Gangstarr. I personally like bone because its not just rapping, they took it to another level with the harmony side that appeals to me. Is that ok for you?
Old 11-02-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone heard Plies album?Pretty good
Old 11-02-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Easy E? What has he done to be even mentioned in that group. He didn't write his own stuff, as he had Cube and other ghostwriters working with him. He doesn't deserve to be anywhere on there.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bone Thugs is a solid group although always confused with what their lyrical content should be, with that said other than a couple of Krayzie's stuff, Bone's solo albums are nothing short of pathetic and awful. Layzie in particular his solo albums can be on a list of worst hip hop albums ever. Also Wish Bone has never fit in with me. Doesn't fit in well with their style and is a weak rapper in his own.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
We have a winner. I been tryin to get so many people to give Budden a chance recently that I should be on his payroll. I really just wanna see good hip-hop spread. You can't listen to Ransom note and tell me it's not one of the top 5 diss tracks of all time. Dude is too talented.
that is a really good beef right now..i heard all the disses and im like wow they both going hard
Old 11-02-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Cunit2k7

Quote:
Bone Thugs is a solid group although always confused with what their lyrical content should be, with that said other than a couple of Krayzie's stuff, Bone's solo albums are nothing short of pathetic and awful. Layzie in particular his solo albums can be on a list of worst hip hop albums ever. Also Wish Bone has never fit in with me. Doesn't fit in well with their style and is a weak rapper in his own.
you are right besides krayzie bone no other member has had a successful solo career. they definitely feed off of each other which is why they have been able to survive 15 years or so in the game. layzie had like 2 decent solos like thug by nature was nice and the collabo album with the guy from outlawz was decent. you are right about wish although i feel he was pretty good back in the day when they were at their peak. he has definitely fallen off but every once in a while he puts out a pretty good verse.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Cunit2k7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Easy E? What has he done to be even mentioned in that group. He didn't write his own stuff, as he had Cube and other ghostwriters working with him. He doesn't deserve to be anywhere on there.
Eazy e man was one of the first people to do gangster rap and if it wasnt for eazy e bone thugs would not exist. For what he did in his short life he was one of the best. im not going to comment on the verse stuff because i dont know whether or not u are right. He did have a few cds though that were good so i doubt he didnt write any of his own stuff.