Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 11-19-2006, 10:31 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll come out and say it... I hate the Jags, Chiefs and Jets for the time being.

IF we can get into the playoffs we will obviously be on a roll so it would be good going into the playoffs however that's a monsterous IF at this point.

The 3rd down passing D is just terrible. Offense is really clicking though and the LB's stepped it up today. I liked the 3rd and 1 on the 4 yard goal line stop, big Sam stepped it up.

Pass rush didn't seem to be terrible. We at least were getting pressure via Jeanty, Smith and Geathers.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:15 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ
I'll come out and say it... I hate the Jags, Chiefs and Jets for the time being.

IF we can get into the playoffs we will obviously be on a roll so it would be good going into the playoffs however that's a monsterous IF at this point.

The 3rd down passing D is just terrible. Offense is really clicking though and the LB's stepped it up today. I liked the 3rd and 1 on the 4 yard goal line stop, big Sam stepped it up.

Pass rush didn't seem to be terrible. We at least were getting pressure via Jeanty, Smith and Geathers.
Third down defense really needs some help. I don't know what they can do to fix it though. Pass rush? Corners? I don't know how much those will help on a third and 7. Great that they got Rudi in the game for awhile, maybe Brat is starting to learn a bit. And I loved Ocho Cinco getting the ball and making some plays, starting to shut up some doubters. He's probably my favorite player in the NFL, and I'm more of a Jets fan than a Bengals fan. Speaking of the Jets, why the hate? Also, D needs to stop relying on turnovers, if Brees doesn't throw those two picks in the EZ the game could have gone much differently...
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:04 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HAHA. I'm opposed to any team that could prevent the Bengals from getting into the playoffs.

Currently we have the H2H advantage over the Chiefs but the Jets would get in before us with a similar record because they have a victory over a common opponent (Patriots). I don't mind them, it's just they're in the Bengals way so I'm opposed

The pass rush is indeed terrible but it wasn't that bad yesterday. Tory James is just lost out there and Madieu hasn't been as great in coverage lately.

Once or twice I saw LB's waiting at the line and neither rushing or in pass coverage. It was like it was 10 on 11.

A wins a win... I'll take it and oh... say 6 more.

11-5!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2006, 09:50 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
HAHA. I'm opposed to any team that could prevent the Bengals from getting into the playoffs.

Currently we have the H2H advantage over the Chiefs but the Jets would get in before us with a similar record because they have a victory over a common opponent (Patriots). I don't mind them, it's just they're in the Bengals way so I'm opposed

The pass rush is indeed terrible but it wasn't that bad yesterday. Tory James is just lost out there and Madieu hasn't been as great in coverage lately.

Once or twice I saw LB's waiting at the line and neither rushing or in pass coverage. It was like it was 10 on 11.

A wins a win... I'll take it and oh... say 6 more.

11-5!!!!!!!!!!!
I think Joseph should just get all of James' playing time to be honest. And the pass rush...hopefully it gets addressed during the draft. I just don't know exactly how to help the third down D besides that. It's a huge problem though.

And trust me, the Jets will not keep the Bengals out of the playoffs. Pennington is far too inconsistant for us to make it to the playoffs. Did you see the first pick in the endzone? Coles was wide open in the corner, it should've been 7-0. Instead, he throws it right to Urlacher. Terrible. Plus his arm is about as strong as mine is.

Back to the Bengals after my Penny rant, at least the line is starting to look a little better. And Rudi has looked excellent for a few weeks now, he needs to keep getting touches. And I love the fact that Chad is on fire. Love it. In the last 2 games he's averaging 8.5 catches for 225 yds and 2.5 touchdowns :shock: . Eye popping numbers to say the least. I mean 11 catches for 450 yds and 5 touchdowns is a pretty good season for a bunch of receivers, forget in 2 games. Look who's on top of the NFL in receiving again...Chad is the man.

Who do you think would be a good pick in the first round, looking at the late teen to early twenty range we'll probably be looking at for Cincy? For some reason I feel like Marvin is going to be really high on Woodley, and he wouldn't be a bad pick. Abiamiri would be a nice selection as well. And if McCauley or Hall slips down there they'd need to consider it, same with Landry although that's next to impossible. Thoughts?
Old 11-20-2006, 11:49 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I agree completely on Woodley. For some reason the hunches I've had the past three years on our first rounder have been in the ballpark.

Woodley seems to have the physical tools and the college production that Marvin loves to see. Plus, he fills a monsterous need. I'm a big fan of Woodley so I really hope he is the pick. It MUST be the front four or if one of the better safties were to fall back. We're decent at DT but it'd be nice to have a difference maker on the line. With potentially losing Justin Smith though I think DT has to be ignored in favor of either Moses, Woodley or Abiamiri. If we don't have say Okam fall back round 1 then I very highly doubt we address DT after round 1. DE must be addressed round 1 or 2, preferably 2 with Saftey being addressed in the 2nd.

Stacey Andrews stepped it up big yesterday with his first career start at any level. It makes the hit to depth after losing Steinbach next year not so hateful. He's been quite the raw and long term project but it may actually work out.

I've been telling people on the main board for weeks that Chad is a top 5 WR, I'm just tired of all the haters. I kept telling them he'd be up there in the AFC recieving yards yet again and sure enough he leads the league.

Figures the Giants would lay over and die tonight :evil:
Old 11-21-2006, 05:01 PM    (permalink
whodeygonnaarrestnext

:D
Old 11-22-2006, 02:45 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Original :roll:
Old 11-22-2006, 05:15 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodeygonnaarrestnext
:D
niiice first post man. HOFer right here.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:03 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

soooo, i'm looking forward to a Bengal win this Sunday.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:11 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Let's hope. Cleveland usually plays us decent regardless.

1 game at a time, we win this one and we've still got a shot.

Rudi should go insane tomorrow. I don't care how well we pass the ball, tomorrow it should be all about RUN RUN RUN.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Orange and Black
Rookie

Orange and Black needs more cowbell.

It was Pass, Pass, and Pass some more. The Clowns are a true embarassment to the NFL. What a bunch of stinking losers.
Orange and Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:42 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Im sick for noticing this, and am looking for an explanation.

vs. Carolina

vs. New Orleanes

vs Clevland

Notice anything differnt he has a differnt helmet / facemask in each game. This pictures are all from this year. So why Chad?

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:06 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Those of you who notice the helmets are ate up

As for an explanation I have no idea...

WOOHOOO for today... BRING ON THEM RAVENS!!!!!!!!

We're going to be cooking some bird on Thursday. We own at home in primetime and Carson is on a roll and owns the Ravens.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:55 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Chris Perry broke his leg on that play :(

I swear, so much potential. Kenny Watson is a suitable backup.

We're just getting KILLED on injuries.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Orange and Black
Rookie

Orange and Black needs more cowbell.

Chris Perry is like most former UM RB's.....hard on the outside, but soft on the inside. As much potential as he has, he'll never be able to withstand the punishment of a 16 game NFL schedule. Let's deal with him and move on in next year's draft.
Orange and Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 09:22 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange and Black
Chris Perry is like most former UM RB's.....hard on the outside, but soft on the inside. As much potential as he has, he'll never be able to withstand the punishment of a 16 game NFL schedule. Let's deal with him and move on in next year's draft.
Ohio State fan?
Old 11-27-2006, 03:11 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

The Bengals D is just iffy.

17th in Points Per Game
17th in Rushing Yards Per Game
Still dead last vs. the pass (Thanks Drew Brees 8) )
13th in Sacks (26) although that stat is skewed in my mind, we get sacks at insignificant points in games
3rd in INT's
Given up the most 1st downs

To our credit we experience the 2nd most pass attempts per game (for good reason).
Old 11-27-2006, 04:51 PM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

Chris Perry out for the season.... again. What a surprise. It still boggles my mind why we took him, when Rudi had just emerged and we had our chance at Steve Jackson and Kevin Jones who were gamebreakers there whole college careers not one year wonders like Perry. Then again the bengals love one year wonders like Akili Smith.

The defense shut out the browns. Too bad it was the browns... The offense is in full circle now and will probably put up 28+ the rest of the season. I think the defense will get us to the playoffs, but the lack of pass rush and run defense will come up short again unless the O-line gets shored up and our offense becomes unstoppable and just outscores everyone to the point that every team must pass to keep up.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:00 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
The Bengals D is just iffy.

17th in Points Per Game
17th in Rushing Yards Per Game
Still dead last vs. the pass (Thanks Drew Brees 8) )
13th in Sacks (26) although that stat is skewed in my mind, we get sacks at insignificant points in games
3rd in INT's
Given up the most 1st downs

To our credit we experience the 2nd most pass attempts per game (for good reason).
The bold stat (2nd most pass attempts against per game) not only makes the passing numbers look worse, but also makes the underlined stat (rushing against) look better. Plus the fact that teams have to play catch up with our offense or at least keep up means they don't have the chance to run it to ice games like they do with other teams. Overall the defense really needs a lot of help, Palmer has looked a lot better the past few games but the draft should be all about the defensive side of the ball (with a little concentration on the offensive line) but the skill positions should really be ignored for once. Especially WR, the Bengals have to stop drafting WR's they're more than set at the postion.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:44 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Well, we're 18th in YPC so that agrees with the 17th in YPG. The run D just as it has the past 2 seasons has really improved as the season progressed.

I wouldn't say to ignore WR in the later rounds this year. I mean our 4th WR yesterday was freaking Glenn Holt and Kwash will bolt, who knows if Chatman will stay. Then after next season I believe Henry is a RFA and who knows someone might take a chance on him. That leaves CJ, TJ, Tab and unproven Bennie Brazell. With that said, WR is a definete day 2 need rounds 5-7.

Our kick returners are just doomed. Tab (IR), Chatman (IR), Chris Perry (IR) and now Glenn Holt takes it, I honestly don't know who'll get it next if he's hurt.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:32 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Well, we're 18th in YPC so that agrees with the 17th in YPG. The run D just as it has the past 2 seasons has really improved as the season progressed.

I wouldn't say to ignore WR in the later rounds this year. I mean our 4th WR yesterday was freaking Glenn Holt and Kwash will bolt, who knows if Chatman will stay. Then after next season I believe Henry is a RFA and who knows someone might take a chance on him. That leaves CJ, TJ, Tab and unproven Bennie Brazell. With that said, WR is a definete day 2 need rounds 5-7.

Our kick returners are just doomed. Tab (IR), Chatman (IR), Chris Perry (IR) and now Glenn Holt takes it, I honestly don't know who'll get it next if he's hurt.
I guess the run defense isn't that bad, although I think it would get worse over the course of a game if the defense got worn down.

As far as WR goes, next year I think CJ, TJ, Henry, Perry, and Brazell is an excellent core. If some sleeper falls to them or a guy with a nice size/speed combo, or even just good speed or size, falls down to them at a very good value then I guess it wouldn't be a terrible pick. I'd rather wait till the year after though and get a good small speedster in rounds 2 or 3. But if somebody who is a good fit for the slot falls to any spot, you're right it probably makes sense to take them. But I'd rather take a boom or bust guy this year later and if Henry leaves then look for a slot guy later on day 1.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:47 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

The one good thing that would come from someone taking Henry is that we would get very good compensation.

In '08 after losing Steinbach and possibly Justin Smith we could have 3 3rd round picks. Marvin could be deadly with those (as long as he doesn't take another Frostee Rucker :roll: )

DE round 1 and Saftey round 2, possibly LB round 2. That's what we're looking at. The need for DE is too great and the quality to be had round one is so solid that it works out perfect for us.

I really think saftey will be the second rounder. We need depth and a playmaker at the saftey spot, Jackson isn't durable enough and KK is just a solid backup. LB is always a possibility with Marvin, all pending on whether Pollack plays again and if Odell is cut or even considered again.

If Pollack retires and Odell is cut that leaves Ahmad, Caleb, Jeanty, Landon, Nicholson and I'm not sure Simmons will be a Bengal next year. I must say Jeanty has been very impressive. Still I think our LB core is solid but not spectacular. We need playmakers on the defensive side, especially in the front 4. It'd be nice to address WLB.

I honestly think our defense is a DE and playmaking saftey away from being very solid.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:04 PM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going to start this off by saying that I am going to assume that we finish the season at 8-8 or at best 9-7. That would give us a pick between 16-22. Lets go ahead and say that we average a 19th pick. Please tell me what you think. I can take the criticism and welcome it.

Round 1. Quinn Pitcock, DT, Ohio State Sr, 6-3, 295: I feel that he is the second best DT in the draft behind Alan Branch. Quinn would fit perfect into our 4-3 base defense and could also play DE when we switch to 3-4. Sam Adams and John Thornton are unproductive and old. Pitcock and Peko in the middle would look great for years to come.

Round 2. Aaron Ross, CB, Texas Sr, 6-1, 192: Currently leads the team with 5 interceptions and is third in tackles. This would be the 51st pick. I have him as the 6th best CB in the draft with Leon Hall, Marcus McCauley, Antoine Cason, Darrelle Revis, Daymeion Hughes all ahead of him. Another positive about him is that he is the punt returner for the Longhorns.

Round 3. Ahmad Brooks (2006)

Round 4. Justin Warren, ILB, Texas A&M Sr, 6-3, 245: Teams leading tackler by a mile. Ideal size and strength for an ILB. Scary to think that Odell and Pollack could not be back next year and Simmons is no longer a speedster. This would work well if we switch to a 3-4 but would also add depth, which we all know we need at this postion.

Round 5. Tra Battle, FS, Georgia Sr, 5-11, 185: A killer tackler with blitzing skills from the safety position. Tra would be a special teams maniac. A future starter after Jackson is gone. KK might be gone to free agency after this season. He would be a steal at this position, plus he is a Georgia Bulldog. They play great football down there and have outstanding coaches. Might be way to late to get him, still not sure yet.

Round 6. John Beck, QB, BYU Sr, 6-1, 218: AMAZING ARM STRENGHT. Can throw a ball 75 yards. Guaranteed to make any throw at the next level. Reads defenses well, makes quality adjustments, and makes quick checkdowns on receivers. Good pocket presence and fairly agile. Has played under 2 head coaches and two different offensive schemes, progressing quickly into new system. Gun slinger who would fit into the Matt Schaub type of a career backup who could manage an offense in a pinch behind Carson. It would be nice to get a backup that will be around for a while.

Round 7. Brent Celek, TE, University of Cincinnati Sr, 6'4", 260: Great runner after the catch. Averages 15 yards a catch this season. Hometown product who is the all-time leading receiver as TE for the Bearcats. Just what the fans wanted... a TE.

Tell me what you guys think. What would you change? Do you like the positions that were picked? Who Dey
Old 11-27-2006, 11:14 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I honestly think we'll finish 10-6 but anything could happen, I hope I'm right

The thing about your draft is where is the DE? Justin Smith will likely be allowed to leave via FA so that leaves Geathers/Robinson/Rucker(LOL). We really have a big need for a pass rushing impact DE such as Quentin Moses or Lamar Woodley. I think Woodley would be a fantastic fit for our offense.

We just struggle to generate a consistent pass rush off the edges, the DT's haven't been terrible of late in stopping the run and I'm waiting for Shaun Smith to get more PT... He was solid at DT last season.

As for Ross... If he has the potential to move to saftey I love the pick. It'd be nice to take a versitile DB second round so we could have depth at saftey/cornerback since I wouldn't doubt Tory James being gone after this year. Then we could have a backup CB (behind Joseph/Deltha) and a backup saftey and he could move into a starting spot when injuries occurred.

I'm not so sure we move to 3-4. The only way I really see that happening is if Breshnahan moves on and we get a DC that comes from a 3-4 defense.

I like the Celek pick, we need a TE but late rounds and he wouldn't be bad at all.

Stick around man, it's lonely in here
Old 11-28-2006, 09:50 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't hae a DE because I believe Woodley will be gone by the time we pick. If we cannot get a starting DE in the first 2 rounds then I don't think we should draft one. I am torn on this though. If we don't spend money on Smith then who do we spend it on. Our offense is locked up for years to come and is there a DE free agent that you would rather have instead on Smith? I drafted for value and not just to fill a position. If Woodley is there in the first round then I take him over Pitcock but that kills me to say becasue I am a huge buckeye fan. As far a Ross goes he could immediatly step into the nickle back situation with James leaving hopefully. Ross also returns punts for Texas so bye bye Ratliff say hello to dime coverage. Tra Battle will fight for the safety spot but KK has not played bad this year if you look at his numbers.