Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-28-2006, 09:12 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.
Default Which Is Worse

i like to know your opinion and why

which is worst losing a 21 point lead with 10mins left with a mis sack & 50 sec lefts int? (Giants)

or getting beat 27 - 0 with 9 sacks or 30-0 with 4 int (Ravens / Bengals)

is it to lose everything in the last mins or lose with out scoring a point
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tough to say. The Giants loss could give a team a hangover going into the next game but then again getting blown out is pretty demoralizing too. At least the Giants could say they played very well for 3 quarters before having the bottom completely drop out. A player like Eli can tell himself that the 4th quarter was just an abboration and hang his hat on the first three if that sort of thing can motivate him to play better next week.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:02 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

for season reason to me it makes it a bit worst that they lost 3 in row also lost to who only had 3 win , nothing against titans fans but i think it makes just bit worst adding those two factors in
Old 11-28-2006, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
for season reason to me it makes it a bit worst that they lost 3 in row also lost to who only had 3 win , nothing against titans fans but i think it makes just bit worst adding those two factors in
True if you consider the losses beforehand. I was speaking as if we were just looking at losses like that in a vacuum. Giants have things they can rally around. There are hopefully getting some players back this week. So they will finally have more than half of their defensive starters playing.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:08 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
True if you consider the losses beforehand. I was speaking as if we were just looking at losses like that in a vacuum. Giants have things they can rally around. There are hopefully getting some players back this week. So they will finally have more than half of their defensive starters playing.
is 92 coming back?

also it doesnt help manning being talk bad about by your own coach

also i think manning 1st pick could have been knock down by plex
Old 11-28-2006, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
is 92 coming back?

92 isn't coming back but he is starting individual drills for the first time. Which could be a good sign. Osi is going to practice without limitations and should be back if everything goes good. Kiwi has been playing well but we have had a combination of mediocre to bad DTs playing the other DE spot for us so having Osi back will be huge. Brandon Short looks like will be back as well and maybe Sam Madison.

Coughlin is a no BS type of guy. He isn't going to sugar coat his feelings about Eli. Eli had a terrible 4th quarter and I'm sure Eli knows it. Coughlin talking bad about Eli isn't much of anything. He is normally very constructive when doing that stuff.

And absolutely that 1st pick could have been knocked down by Plax. When Eli sees that one on one press coverage he is supposed to loft it up there for Plax. Plax gave up on that ball. That is a battle that Plax is supposed to win most of the time or knock the ball down.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:17 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
is 92 coming back?

92 isn't coming back but he is starting individual drills for the first time. Which could be a good sign. Osi is going to practice without limitations and should be back if everything goes good. Kiwi has been playing well but we have had a combination of mediocre to bad DTs playing the other DE spot for us so having Osi back will be huge. Brandon Short looks like will be back as well and maybe Sam Madison.

Coughlin is a no BS type of guy. He isn't going to sugar coat his feelings about Eli. Eli had a terrible 4th quarter and I'm sure Eli knows it. Coughlin talking bad about Eli isn't much of anything. He is normally very constructive when doing that stuff.

And absolutely that 1st pick could have been knocked down by Plax. When Eli sees that one on one press coverage he is supposed to loft it up there for Plax. Plax gave up on that ball. That is a battle that Plax is supposed to win most of the time or knock the ball down.
but my point was that he said leave the dirt in the house and then he doesnt not listen to him self ...after tiki & shock talk about the problems he said that they should not have done that but what about what he said its Hypocritical
Old 11-28-2006, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Eh I don't know about hypocritical. I'm not even sure what he exactly said. I've been out of the country for the last week and missed a lot. Do you have a link for what exactly he said. He is critical of Eli a lot. He goes on a radio program in NY and the guys who run the show ask him a lot of in depth questions about particular plays and what not. And he has never been afraid to say Eli made a mistake here or Coughlin himself made a mistake there.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:32 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Eh I don't know about hypocritical. I'm not even sure what he exactly said. I've been out of the country for the last week and missed a lot. Do you have a link for what exactly he said. He is critical of Eli a lot. He goes on a radio program in NY and the guys who run the show ask him a lot of in depth questions about particular plays and what not. And he has never been afraid to say Eli made a mistake here or Coughlin himself made a mistake there.
well i will look for the link

but when shockey said we got out coach he pretty much said that they should keep there laundry at home and it was not for the press and then a few weeks later he did it to manning
Old 11-28-2006, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blowouts and domination happen more often then not. What happened to the Giants was just sad and shocking.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
well i will look for the link

but when shockey said we got out coach he pretty much said that they should keep there laundry at home and it was not for the press and then a few weeks later he did it to manning
Different circumstances. Shockey looked for and searched out reporters in the locker room to say what he did. And said it quite arrogantly with a bad attitude. When Coughlin gets asked how did Eli perform in this game is he just supposed to pretend the 4th quarter didn't happen?
Old 11-28-2006, 10:38 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/spor...y-giants-print

Quote:
A few days after Tom Coughlin ordered Tiki Barber not to criticize him in public, the coach abused his own house rules.

In the moments after the Giants' 24-21 loss to the Titans, Coughlin took quarterback Eli Manning to task for a poor fourth-quarter performance, especially a pair of interceptions that led to Tennessee scores and a collapse by the Giants.

"There's no way you can throw an interception in that situation," an angry Coughlin said. "No way. If you're rolling and you don't like what you see, throw it out of bounds. Throw it away."
Old 11-28-2006, 11:05 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happened to the Giants is much worse IMO.

The Bengals/Ravens were both expected to win. The Titans were not.

To have such a Giant lead against a below average team when you've been having in house troubles is just devastating.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/spor...y-giants-print

Quote:
A few days after Tom Coughlin ordered Tiki Barber not to criticize him in public, the coach abused his own house rules.

In the moments after the Giants' 24-21 loss to the Titans, Coughlin took quarterback Eli Manning to task for a poor fourth-quarter performance, especially a pair of interceptions that led to Tennessee scores and a collapse by the Giants.

"There's no way you can throw an interception in that situation," an angry Coughlin said. "No way. If you're rolling and you don't like what you see, throw it out of bounds. Throw it away."
A bit off topic here, but what's with the av and sig, and where do you think the 2nd loss is coming from for the Colts?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Patriots lost the '03 opener 31-0 and proceeded to go on to win a super bowl. Those close, gut wrenching losses are the toughest for a team to swallow.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:00 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gaints Lost

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd have to say losing in the last quarter is worse. Sure its embarassing to get shut out but it has to feel absolutley horrible to know you dominated a game and completely blew.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is online now   Reply With Quote