Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-28-2006, 12:59 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand the rules for not hitting near the knees, no helmet to helmet and no late hits.

That's about the extent of what I feel should be roughing the passer.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:52 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ
I understand the rules for not hitting near the knees, no helmet to helmet and no late hits.

That's about the extent of what I feel should be roughing the passer.
i wonder why you understand that part of it?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:00 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: Roughing the passer? Protecting QB's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Brother
Just saw a bogus roughing the passer call against Hasselbeck on a 3rd down so I decided to post this. I've been thinking about it for a while now so here goes.

Simply put, are we protecting the QB's too much and punishing defenders for just being physical?

After seeing the Kiwinuka-Young play, in which he said he didn't throw down Young for fear of a penalty (I believe that's how it went down anyways) it says to me that if defenders are now afraid to actually tackle a QB it's getting out of hand. I realize you have to protect your QB's, as they go down all the time and there just aren't that many elite QB's nowadays... but what do you guys think?
When I read that Kiwi quote I thought that he was just trying to cover up a monmental error. Then the Refs called Jenkins for roughing the passer and it was garbage, and I could see how Kiwi really didin't want to give up the 15 yard penalty.

Maybe QBs now need to wear a skirt or a tutu while they're out there. Or they could just put some flags on the QB and the defense could only tackle them by pulling off the flag, no real contact allowed. Someone should market that and call it flag football. It sounds better than the dangerous and violent game of real football.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:13 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

you know, i've been convinced. but none of you go far enough.

why does the nfl allow fair catches? make the guy catch the ball without a halo rule. same thing on receivers. what's the point in pass interference? bloody faeries need to toughen up. late hits? aren't they wearing pads anymore? let them hit each other all game, after the game, before the game. i mean, realistically, they should be able to punch each other on the field. these guys are tough, right? let them duke it out if they want. really, refs are only needed to spot the ball. but i dunno, maybe the ball isn't really needed anymore. i mean, this is football. they need to hit each other!
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:26 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

How many defensive players whine when they get crack blocked? They like to talk about big hits and knocking out players, but they whine when they get hit themselves.

Can't have it both ways.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX
They need to relax on the roughing the passer calls, and take a look at hits on receivers. The pass to Stevens later in that drive, teh DB hit Stevens in the back of the head with his elbow and they didn't call it.

The call on the Hasselbeck hit was horrible, and I've seen that happen that multiple times this year, including Tatupu hitting Andrew Walter in the chest and he gets called for a blow to the head.
It's football. It's a physical game. Get over it.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The rules are so dumb. It's not touch football.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:01 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
They need to relax on the roughing the passer calls, and take a look at hits on receivers. The pass to Stevens later in that drive, teh DB hit Stevens in the back of the head with his elbow and they didn't call it.

The call on the Hasselbeck hit was horrible, and I've seen that happen that multiple times this year, including Tatupu hitting Andrew Walter in the chest and he gets called for a blow to the head.
Wha are you telling me to get over? I'm saying they need to relax on the roughing the passer calls like a little blow to the head that hardly ever hurts the QB. But at the same time they need to enforce the rules against hitting a WR in the helmet, simply because of the force involved in those hits.

They call penalties on legal hits on teh QB all the time, but they let illegal hits on wide receivers go uncalled just as often.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wha are you telling me to get over? I'm saying they need to relax on the roughing the passer calls like a little blow to the head that hardly ever hurts the QB. But at the same time they need to enforce the rules against hitting a WR in the helmet, simply because of the force involved in those hits.

They call penalties on legal hits on teh QB all the time, but they let illegal hits on wide receivers go uncalled just as often.
Quote:
The pass to Stevens later in that drive, teh DB hit Stevens in the back of the head with his elbow and they didn't call it.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:09 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
The pass to Stevens later in that drive, teh DB hit Stevens in the back of the head with his elbow and they didn't call it.

And you're getting at what? I was giving a examples of things that should be called and things that shouldn't be called. I don't see what the problem is here. Running full speed and striking a receiver who's running full speed in the helmet is much more dangerous than giving a QB a little tap on the helmet.

I'm jsut not seeing what the problem is with my post.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:15 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

worst call i've seen in awhile. Jenkins did nothing wrong. that very likely lost us the game.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:21 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
worst call i've seen in awhile. Jenkins did nothing wrong. that very likely lost us the game.
I wouldn't go that far, the inability to score after those turnovers cost us the game. That just insured that we would have no chance.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:25 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
I wouldn't go that far, the inability to score after those turnovers cost us the game. That just insured that we would have no chance.
i'm not saying that alone lost us the game, but it had a huge impact.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The call your talking about was a bogus call. There was nothing that Jenkins could've done to avoid hitting Hasselback after Hass moved his head esp. considering that Jenkins did everything possible to try and not hit his head.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote