Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 11-28-2006, 10:11 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see where you're coming from then with your picks.

I just think the contract that Smith will demand will be too much. I'd love to re-sign him but I'm not so sure I see it happening.

Regardless the first two rounds we must address DB and DL, I'm not that picky on which position. I don't see any intriguing LB prospects that Marvin might want to take a shot at.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:19 PM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

With so many question marks on defense on whose going to come back its hard to predict the draft. One thing I know is RB and WR should not even be considered. I know Perry is always injured but I think Quincy Wilson can come in for Rudi in case he goes down. Also we have CJ, TJ, Tab, Mcneal, Braziel, and im pretty sure we resign Chris so we are set at WR. O-line shouldnt be a concern either because we have great depth already. I could see us taking a TE in the draft though. If some how Greg Olsen were to slip to round 2 I hope we take him in a heart beat. The rest should be used on defense. D-line and S mostly. LB should be good if Pollack and Thurman are back. Jeanty, AJ, and Brooks provide great young depth. I could care less if we resign Smith or Simmons because they havnt wowed me a single time there whole careers. Madieu could use some help especially someone really solid like a Laron Landry or Griffin in round one or Rouse or Merriweather later on day one. CB is a postion that we can wait on. JJ is progressing fine and we still have Keiwan to play nickel. Tory James will probably be out and we have some decent depth behind them in Bauman. Overall this draft better be defense defense defense. My dream draft might go something like this

1. Quentin Moses DE UGA (I can still dream)
2. Greg Olsen TE UM
4. Aaron Rouse S/OLB VT
5. Marcus Thomas DT UF (yes I know more character risks, but the kid can play)
6. Baraka Atkins DE UM
7. Josh Gattis S WF

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:14 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ
I see where you're coming from then with your picks.

I just think the contract that Smith will demand will be too much. I'd love to re-sign him but I'm not so sure I see it happening.

Regardless the first two rounds we must address DB and DL, I'm not that picky on which position. I don't see any intriguing LB prospects that Marvin might want to take a shot at.
I have to believe that there is going to be some DE, be it Abiamiri, Crowder, some riser, anyone, that is more worth taking in the first than Pitcock.

You talking about Shaun Smith demanding a big contract? Not sure who you're going with there.

I definitely agree with the last thing you said, DB and DL need to be addressed.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:34 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol I meant Justin Smith... I guess I should be more specific with a name like Smith

I agree about having a solid saftey if they were there but I'd rather take saftey round 2. Saftey is a position that it's easy to grab a solid player at later points in the draft (see Landry/Ko Simpson this year).

You know there will be some DE's that have their stock rise or drop drastically in the coming months (Manny Lawson/Kiwanuka last year).

Who knows, maybe Moses will drop (I doubt it).

My dream first rounder at this point though is Lamar Woodley, he's just a pass rushing fool that would be absolutely perfect for our defense.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:41 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol I meant Justin Smith... I guess I should be more specific with a name like Smith

I agree about having a solid saftey if they were there but I'd rather take saftey round 2. Saftey is a position that it's easy to grab a solid player at later points in the draft (see Landry/Ko Simpson this year).

You know there will be some DE's that have their stock rise or drop drastically in the coming months (Manny Lawson/Kiwanuka last year).

Who knows, maybe Moses will drop (I doubt it).

My dream first rounder at this point though is Lamar Woodley, he's just a pass rushing fool that would be absolutely perfect for our defense.
I agree with getting a solid safety day 2. Great guys can be found on the second day. The guy in my sig is having a Pro Bowl type year in his second season and was a 4th round pick. There are tons of great safeties that get found in the second.

I've said it before, I think Woodley is the pick, just a gut feeling. He'd be a great pick for this defense. Either way, theres going to be somebody at DE who rises or falls like you said and we'll be in the perfect position to snatch them come draft day. I have to believe unless an absolute stud like Landry, Hall, or Branch falls into our laps the pick is going to have to be a DE.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:47 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Weather will be terrible for tomorrow. Rain/Thunder and 10 MPH winds.

Given how lackluster our running game has been and how great our passing game has been this doesn't look good.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:40 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

The boys better come to play today. If we lose this one our chances are very very slim.

Regardless of the weather we still need to produce.

11-5, BELIEVE!!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2006, 02:41 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Weather will be terrible for tomorrow. Rain/Thunder and 10 MPH winds.

Given how lackluster our running game has been and how great our passing game has been this doesn't look good.
Has the running game really looked that poor, or has it been partially due to not running the ball enough? I mean it hasn't been as good as it was at other points in the year, but it's not terrible either. Just my opinion.

Either way, getting Rudi going and stopping Lewis will be keys to this game, as will not turning the ball over. I've got to believe whoever takes care of the ball better wins this game.

Also, on the bright side we could get some defensive stops on 3rd down and passing distance with the weather.

I'm looking forward to actually being able to watch this game, I don't get to see many Cincy games being from Jersey.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:04 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i have a question. Who is more important to the bengels? CJ or Carson?? i was just wondering what you guys thought.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good game everyone
Old 11-30-2006, 10:27 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner
i have a question. Who is more important to the bengels? CJ or Carson?? i was just wondering what you guys thought.
Carson. Hands down. His accuracy and arm strength just can't be replaced. Chad is big for the team but the Oline/Carson are MUCH more important.

'Twas a good night to be a Bengals fan.

FREAKING RAVENS HAD TO RUIN OUR SHUTOUT :evil:

I'll comment more in the morning (have to study) but all I know is Jonathan Joseph is bringin' it. After tonight I believe he's the better CB over Marshall (my opinion of course).
Old 12-01-2006, 04:49 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner
Carson. Hands down. His accuracy and arm strength just can't be replaced. Chad is big for the team but the Oline/Carson are MUCH more important.

'Twas a good night to be a Bengals fan.

FREAKING RAVENS HAD TO RUIN OUR SHUTOUT :evil:

I'll comment more in the morning (have to study) but all I know is Jonathan Joseph is bringin' it. After tonight I believe he's the better CB over Marshall (my opinion of course).
Joseph had a pretty sick game last night. He needs to work on finishing plays though, he should've had at least 1 pick. Granted they were all very difficult catches to make, but he got both hands on about 5 balls and he should've come away with at least one of them.

I kind of think that the importance goes Line/Carson/Chad, because IMO without a line an offense is crap. If the line gives him time and opens some running lanes no matter who's playing the RB, TE, and WR we'll win the game. Just because the line is very important both running and passing I think they're more important. That's during the game though. Off the field I think Chad is really a good player for this team and works his ass off and wants to win, so he does help the drive to win for this team. Not saying he's more imporant, but you can't underrate his importance to the team. But IMO Carson is more overall impact by a bit.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:20 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

The nucleus of this team is amazing.

TJ/Chad/Carson/Willie/Levi/Simmons/Braham... All of them are great individual players that only care about winning. Sucks that in the slump this year I realized how great these guys are, especially TJ/Carson/Willie.

Chad/TJ/Henry lead the league trios in Receptions, Yards and TD's.

If we can make this push to get into the playoffs it's going to benefit us greatly once we get in. Last year I still feel we very well could've beat Pitt with Carson in all game but ending the year that bad just wasn't the best.

All I know is the defense needs to keep bringing the heat on the QB and Jonathan Joseph needs to start over Tory James when Deltha comes back. Breshnahan did a great job of sending Dexter in on the run blitz last night and Peko/Adams were getting great initial penetration to stop Lewis.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrz
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a game, we are makin a great playoff run, if we keep playing like we have been, I think we have a shot at the SB.

^Thanks BK!
Bengalsrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 04:15 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrz
What a game, we are makin a great playoff run, if we keep playing like we have been, I think we have a shot at the SB.
I wouldn't go that far, I just want to make the playoffs in the first place.

If we get in that means we're on a roll and we've beat some good teams so there's a potential for a deep run.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:14 PM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KC lost today and Im loving it. I just hope Seattle will lose tonight as well.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:22 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballGod
KC lost today and Im loving it. I just hope Seattle will lose tonight as well.
I'm all about KC losing, those Browns are just helpful.

Broncos are GOING DOWN!!! Alexander is going to help out his NKY roots by getting a W to help the Bengals.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:35 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mock 2.0 I am going to start this off by saying that I am going to assume that we finish the season at 9-7. That would give us a pick around number 21. Please tell me what you think. I can take the criticism and welcome it.

Round 1. Quinn Pitcock, DT, Ohio State Sr, 6-3, 295: I feel that he is the second best DT in the draft behind Alan Branch. Quinn would fit perfect into our 4-3 base defense and could also play DE when we switch to 3-4. Sam Adams and John Thornton are unproductive and old. Pitcock and Peko in the middle would look great for years to come.

Round 2. Brandon Meriweather, SS, Miami (FL), 6' 195: There aren’t many players that have produced on the level of Brandon Meriweather. After serving as a backup and special teamer in 2003, he moved into the starting lineup and had 62 tackles, two for loss, with a pair of interceptions as a sophomore in 2004. During his junior season is where Meriweather took his game to an elite level. He finished the year with various All American honors after racking up 115 tackles, 13 for loss, with three interceptions. Brandon Meriweather is the total package at safety. His biggest impact comes in attacking the line of scrimmage. He is fearless, and is a force at stopping the run. But he is also an excellent blitzer and gets into the backfield on a consistent basis and makes plays. In coverage, he shows the ability to locate the ball and speed to get to the action and make plays. He also brings the versatility of being able to play at both safety spots. Will drop in the draft because of character issues, which Marvin has not been afraid to draft in the past.

Round 3. Ahmad Brooks (2006)

Round 4. Justin Warren, ILB, Texas A&M Sr, 6-3, 245: Teams leading tackler by a mile. Ideal size and strength for an ILB. Scary to think that Odell and Pollack could not be back next year and Simmons is no longer a speedster. This would work well if we switch to a 3-4 but would also add depth, which we all know we need at this postion.

Round 5. Marquice Cole, CB, Northwestern Sr, 5-9, 185 Punt returner. A little small for the position which will make him drop in the draft. Marquice is more quick than fast, which is why he would be the perfect nickle or slot corner in the NFL. He makes plays in close quarters but gets beat on deep passes. Good tackler.

Round 6. John Beck, QB, BYU Sr, 6-1, 218: AMAZING ARM STRENGHT. Can throw a ball 75 yards. Guaranteed to make any throw at the next level. Reads defenses well, makes quality adjustments, and makes quick checkdowns on receivers. Good pocket presence and fairly agile. Has played under 2 head coaches and two different offensive schemes, progressing quickly into new system. Gun slinger who would fit into the Matt Schaub type of a career backup who could manage an offense in a pinch behind Carson. It would be nice to get a backup that will be around for a while.

Round 7. Brent Celek, TE, University of Cincinnati Sr, 6'4", 260: Great runner after the catch. Averages 15 yards a catch this season. Hometown product who is the all-time leading receiver as TE for the Bearcats. Just what the fans wanted... a TE.

Tell me what you guys think. What would you change? Do you like the positions that were picked? Who Dey
Old 12-04-2006, 04:15 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

When Celek ran 83 yds vs Rutgers, I was shocked to see that he was actually that big. He has fine speed and strength too as he displayed tossing tacklers off him. How's his blocking?
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:26 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Pitcock is gone when we pick. I think a CB is more likely in Rd 1. We had great luck with Peko in Rd 4 so I think we'll pick up another DT in mid-rounds rather than Rd1. I do agree that with alot of uncertainty at LB we will take at least 1. How about the Safety from ND. That kid is a fine punt recturner and KO man too I think. Will he be around in rd 2 or is that too early for him? What about the DT from North Carolina? Tank Tyler. I hear he has played real well and he could be there if we do pick a DT in Rd 1?
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:33 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I want Merriweather, I don't care how much people will bash the team. It's about production on the field. If he is there round 2 I'm all for taking him.

I'd like to see DL round 1 and Saftey round 2.

I like your 6th and 7th round picks.

Keep in mind that it's Mike Brown taking the poor character guys, Marvin has publicly said he doesn't want them.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:01 PM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

I do not care about the off the field stuff either and that is why I want to draft Meriweather. It takes talent to win in the NFL and he is a steal in the 2nd round. Give me talent over character anyday. By the way Thurman and Henry both make our team better.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:06 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I agree about the off field stuff.

It's an annoyance for sure as a fan because the media makes a big deal about it but it doesn't effect the team.

I'd rather have Chris Henry than ANY other WR taken in that draft and we got him round 3. With Odell his production last year alone was worth the pick. If it's truely a "Best Player Available" strategy then character is a non-issue.

We drafted an angel in David Pollack and he's turned out to probably be a wasted pick, as a fan I'd rather have an idiot that gets in trouble making plays than a church boy sucking it up.

Not that I'm saying I don't want good character guys but we have tons of them on the team already, we're just a few talented players away from a SB run. I'd rather have bad press and win a SB than get good press and not make the playoffs or make it and lose first round.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:22 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'm so alone in here... I feel like a fat chick in a club.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:16 AM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

I live in S. florida so ive seen a lot of Merriweather and Im no that high on him bc of his trouble with bigger players. I would prefer a bigger safety someone who is already over 200lbs or one who is more sound in the tackling department. His tackling reminds me too much of Sean Taylor and thats not a good thing bc he just launchs himself like a missle hoping for the big one and lets big plays happen which is our problem already. Give me Landry or Nelson in the first or a guy like Aaron Rouse in the second or third if we can get our hands on a third round pick. Without Justin next year DE has to be the first round pick though.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote