Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 11-06-2007, 09:53 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Would you want to trade for Mcnabb ?

What do yall think about trading for Mcnabb this offseason? Everyone knows he isn't the player that he was a few years ago. The eagles seem to falling apart and they drafted a Kolb high last year. I'm not sure what it would take to get him, but I wouldn't think it would be that much. That would allow us to spend our top picks on other needs. We could still pick up a QB like Dixon in the mid rounds. Mcnabb would also make a lot of sense from the buinssnes standpoint.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd love it...in part...but then partly I wouldn't. If we can give up like a 4th - 5th...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah that would be the biggest question what they would want in return. I wouldn't want to give him more then a 3rd round pick. He would also sell tickets which is something that is important in this city. With a weak divison I like the ideal of bringing in someone that cane help us win next year.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather trade for Derek Anderson. He is young and just starting to tap his potential. He has top notch arm strength and ideal size. He is having a great season, McNabb has not. McNabb's injuries have taken away any mobility he once had.

Last edited by Shiver : 11-06-2007 at 12:35 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm not too concerned with mobility...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

With the year Derek Anderson is having and his age he would have a high trade value.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
I'm not too concerned with mobility...
I am, especially since he's been beaten up lately. That was the only thing that made Donovan McNabb an above average QB a few years back. He's never been a top flight passer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
With the year Derek Anderson is having and his age he would have a high trade value.
If we could get him for our 2nd I would do it in a heart beat. He is much better than Matt Schaub.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anderson has such a huge bust potential. He is playing with such great offensive tools...If we do give up a 2nd for him, I would want us to trade down in the first round and draft Sam Baker. Our recievers I am not so worried about, but our line could give him a hard time transitioning.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Anderson has such a huge bust potential. He is playing with such great offensive tools...If we do give up a 2nd for him, I would want us to trade down in the first round and draft Sam Baker. Our recievers I am not so worried about, but our line could give him a hard time transitioning.
Here is my dream situation:
  • in free agency acquire Michael Turner
  • trade our 2nd round pick for Derek Anderson
  • with the first pick take Jake Long (unless McFadden slips)
  • go B.P.A with the remaining 2nd round pick
The Falcons offense would be formidable if Jake Long could come in and play well right away just like Joe Thomas and Tony Ugoh have done. Turner would be perfect as the primary RB and would work well in tandem with Norwood. More importantly with problems at LT and RB addressed Anderson would still have plenty of talent around him, in a favorable offensive system, to continue producing at the rate he has.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
The Falcons offense would be formidable if Jake Long could come in and play well right away just like Joe Thomas and Tony Ugoh have done. Turner would be perfect as the primary RB and would work well in tandem with Norwood. More importantly with problems at LT and RB addressed Anderson would still have plenty of talent around him, in a favorable offensive system, to continue producing at the rate he has.
Except that Jake Long is no where near as polished as Joe Thomas was as a pass blocker. I have my doubts about him playing as a LT. As a RT though, I am sure he will dominate.

I am also wary about Michael Turner.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont like the idea of having turner as our primary runner. sure he would complement norwood well but i'm rather skeptical he can be a feature back. also, with out oline being somewhat revamped, i think we need a young rb. i want d-mac incredibly bad right now. him in the first along with a formidable tackle in the second with dixon in the third will satiate my satisfaction for the falcons' draft.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Aquiring your top offensive players via free agency and trades usually does not bode well.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:51 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Aquiring your top offensive players via free agency and trades usually does not bode well.
I couldn't disagree more: I think New England is the prime example that it can work if you get the right scheme fit. And trading for one player and signing one other is not that extravagant.

Last edited by Shiver : 11-07-2007 at 05:57 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

The fact is I would rather acquire a QB via a trade and draft a supporting cast around him. The offense is only missing three or four players from being great: QB, LT, RG, RB. Would I be excited about McNabb? Sure, he would be an upgrade over anyone the team currently has. Not to mention he would have better receiving options than anything he has had in Philadelphia lately. I just prefer Derek Anderson.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

There is just so much risk involved in drafting a QB in round. If you make a mistake you set your team back atleast 3 years. It's starting to look more and more like Mcnabb will be traded at the end of the year, but most people think he is headed to the bears.

Last edited by georgiafan : 11-08-2007 at 02:05 PM.
georgiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that would make a lot of sense.

as someone said earlier, trading for postions as imperative as rb and qb worry me and have me skeptical. of course the situation in ne is working almost flawlessly but if you have the raw talent that has combined with the indefatigable welker paired with brady, things ARE gonna go well. on the other hand, pairing an unproven derek anderson or a over-the-hill mcnabb with our awful OL wont help. waht the pats have going in is just special and something that is hard to accomplish just like that.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote