Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-09-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Student gets detention for hugging?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/odd_detention_for_hugging

MASCOUTAH, Ill. - Two hugs equals two days of detention for 13-year-old Megan Coulter. The eighth-grader was punished for violating a school policy banning public displays of affection when she hugged two friends Friday.

WTF?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:32 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jesus. i saw the other day some school banning tag and touch football because a child may fall and injure themselves. What's this world coming to? poor kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its *** parents who never want to let go. Those are the parents that get rules like these put into schools.

However, I really don't give a **** until it effects me.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Last edited by Smokey Joe : 11-09-2007 at 10:39 AM.
Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Megan's mother, said the embraces weren't even real hugs just an arm around the shoulder and slight squeeze.

"It's hilarious to the point of ridicule," Coulter said. "I'm still dumbfounded that she's having to do this."
Old 11-09-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

BucSappy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

End to dodgeball.
End to flag football.
End to hugging.

What's left?
BucSappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When i was in High School, We played Pass Catch Football, where u catch it and stop and then pass its fun but not as fun as real football. We still hit though so its close. But we couldnt play Dodgeball but we could play Team Handball and If you were goalie ud get pealted by Volleyball Size Balls.

But my school has no real problem with hugging and sometimes u see kids kiss so its like whatever lol.

Thats pretty strict.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:09 AM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Yeah...that's ridiculous. I mean who hugs at school?
Old 11-09-2007, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i feel the same way, i got two detentions for rubbing a girls shoulders and putting ear muffs on a girl cuz she didnt want to hear what iw as talking about
Old 11-09-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this isnt really out of the norm for middle school anymore. thats where they put the most ridicoulous disciplinarians.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad I go to a private school!

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I'm glad I go to a private school!
Do you have to wear a uniform? I'm not sure how the plaid skirt and knee highs would look on you...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is getting out of hand. What's up with parents and schools these days? Walton and Johnson call it the pussification of America and it's in full effect.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 11-09-2007 at 12:05 PM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The pussification began about 35 years ago when the parents of these kids were being raised as wusses. You have weak parents raising weaker kids.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucSappy View Post
End to dodgeball.
End to flag football.
End to hugging.

What's left?
It's terrible. Our school gets around the dodgeball one though.
They call it something like 'maneuverable ________ball.'
That way, if a kid gets hurt, the school can't get in trouble for playing dodgeball. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
The pussification began about 35 years ago when the parents of these kids were being raised as wusses. You have weak parents raising weaker kids.
Bingo.

Natural selection needs to play its course. Stop overprotecting youth.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shockingly, when I was a kid, I didn't wear a helmet when riding my bike, and yet I didn't fall off, crack my head open and die. I also wasn't kept in a car seat until I was 17, and yet I was somehow not projected through the windshield at any time. Hard to believe, I know.

Quote:

Old 11-09-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Shockingly, when I was a kid, I didn't wear a helmet when riding my bike, and yet I didn't fall off, crack my head open and die. I also wasn't kept in a car seat until I was 17, and yet I was somehow not projected through the windshield at any time. Hard to believe, I know.
Were you allowed to throw snowballs at school? I know I wasn't. :(
Old 11-09-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
No, but at least we could play football. The thing that always gets me is, these schools ban tag, football, anything that involves running at all, but they all have those damn play structures for kids to climb all over. I'm sorry, but I've seen a hell of alot more kids crack their heads open and break their arms falling off of those things than playing tag or football.

I also think it's funny that they ban all this physical activity, then wonder why kids are so fat nowadays.

Quote:

Old 11-09-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No, but at least we could play football. The thing that always gets me is, these schools ban tag, football, anything that involves running at all, but they all have those damn play structures for kids to climb all over. I'm sorry, but I've seen a hell of alot more kids crack their heads open and break their arms falling off of those things than playing tag or football.

I also think it's funny that they ban all this physical activity, then wonder why kids are so fat nowadays.
So true. What do they expect kids to do? Stand in a circle and talk for an hour? That's what high school is for.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hated that. My school wouldn't even let people touch the snow. Seriously, how badly can a kid get hurt from a snowball?
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha I remember recess when it was ******* -30 out with a shatload of ice and we're playing football....Sweet times.

Stop the pussification of children!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
I hated that. My school wouldn't even let people touch the snow. Seriously, how badly can a kid get hurt from a snowball?
I remember our school banned building snowforts because people would get into fights about them. Winter was bad enough living in Canada. If you can't play in the snow, what do you do other than freeze your cajones off?
Old 11-09-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

I remember living in Saskatchewan, and we'd be outside in like -40 windchill type weather, trying to lay down behind snowforts to cut the wind, or think up excuses to go inside. But then you'd have to stay inside for recess in spring if it was raining outside. Yea, that made sense.

Quote:

Old 11-09-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I remember living in Saskatchewan, and we'd be outside in like -40 windchill type weather, trying to lay down behind snowforts to cut the wind, or think up excuses to go inside. But then you'd have to stay inside for recess in spring if it was raining outside. Yea, that made sense.
Haha typical Canadian thinking. Nothing beats those days where your eyes get frozen shut from your tears freezing as soon as they form.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Haha typical Canadian thinking. Nothing beats those days where your eyes get frozen shut from your tears freezing as soon as they form.
I hated those days. Your snot freezes in your nose and your eyelashes stick together. I remember when I moved to North Carolina and then came back for Christmas. I had no jacket but a light spring type thing. I came out of the airport and I swear my breath froze in my lungs.

Quote: