Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 11-06-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
thefridge15
Rookie

thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Fridge's Mock Draft

Round One

Matt Ryan - QB - Boston College

Round Two

Martin Rucker - TE - Mizzou

Round Three

Dorien Bryant - WR - Purdue
Old 11-06-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

why even draft a QB, every viking fan will just hate the guy and label him a bust after 2 games anyway...

i say the vikings remain coachless and QBless for a few years seeing as majority of viking fans are going to absolutely hate anyone and everyone we put in those positions anyway....
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyisme View Post
why even draft a QB, every viking fan will just hate the guy and label him a bust after 2 games anyway...
I know where you're going with this, and you are wrong.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I know where you're going with this, and you are wrong.
actually, im 100% correct
Old 11-06-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyisme View Post
actually, im 100% correct
haha, im inclined to agree. direct snap to AD
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product
litlharsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Matt Ryan is a 16-32 type 1st round pick. I do really like him, and I think his bust factor might be less then Woodson or Brohm. But I wouldn't want to draft him if we finish 6-10 or in that vicinity.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perfect draft for me would go like this

Rd1:Kenny Phillips S Miami

Rd2:Barry Richardson OT Clemson

Rd3: Dennis Dixon QB Oregon

Rd3:Owen Schmitt FB West Virginia

Rd4:Marcus Monk WR Arkansas(might slip due to injury concerns)/Best WR

than BPA from then on
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
thefridge15
Rookie

thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmmm, dont like the Dixon pick

Id rather just quit *** around with our quarterbacks and draft a guy we plane on being our quarterback and a leader for years to come.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If we are going to go with a crappy unproven quarterback, I'd rather go with a guy who can make plays with his feet. Maybe Dennis Dixon could be a poor man's Vince Young for us.

I can't decide if Dixon will be closer to Vince Young or Troy Smith.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There really just isn't very many QB prospects the excite outside of Matt Ryan, and Brian Brohm. Dennis Dixon is one of the though. I have said it before what he seems to me is just a overall better version of Tarvaris Jackson.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:27 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be honest I'm not impressed by any of the QB prospects. Dixon probably impresses me the most considered where he will likely get picked and that at least if he doesn't work out we might be able to move him to WR, so kind of a potential two birds with one stone draft pick.

I don't think our QB fix is in this draft. I'd really like to sure up a couple of more pressing needs, make do with Bollinger for the rest of this season, see how TJ does next year and if we are awful at the position make every move in our power for a truly elite QB prospect like Tebow.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

Id love that draft chris, id love it if we could land phillips, if we could honestly get him in our secondary, with winny, mccauley, grif, gordon....man man man! we just need a pass rush and we'll probably have the best defense in the league
Old 11-11-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

My opinion, as a Packers fan and watching your season closely for most of the year, you guys really need to get a QB. I don't think Jackson is the answer. I think Sidney Rice could develop into a good player, but you guys definitely need another WR out there.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote