Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 11-10-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default San Diego vs Indy: Gameday Thread

Quick Notes: Cromartie is starting, Jammer is Out. Harrison is also Out.

This is probably the pivot point for how the rest of our season will turn out.. lets see how it goes..

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

I hope it goes well. I didn't even realize, I can't watch the game, I have somewhere I have to be tonight...dammit.

The only way I see us winning this game is with an established run, and pressure on Manning. I can trust that the game against Minnesota was an abberation, something that will not repeat itself over the course of the season, in terms of our run defense. However, missing Castillo will hurt big time in that aspect. Addai is a good back, but I feel he can be limited. It's still Manning we have to be concerned about most. The pressure has to be there and if its not, Florence and our safeties will be picked on all game long.

As for offense, I've said it before. Rivers should throw 25 times, and try to complete 15 of them. If he's throwing 30+ passes, we're not winning the game.

EDIT: woo, plans cancelled for the night...can watch us get embarassed now

Last edited by JK17 : 11-11-2007 at 02:17 PM.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Anthony Gonzalez Marvin Harrison and Dallas Clark are all OUT.. It's starting to look better and better for cromarties first start..

..hopefully the team can capitalize..

sig by bosanac01
Old 11-11-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
Anthony Gonzalez Marvin Harrison and Dallas Clark are all OUT.. It's starting to look better and better for cromarties first start..

..hopefully the team can capitalize..
Still doesn't give me too much confidence...I'm actually not nearly as worried with Cromarite as I am with Florence...I have no confidence in him...and who knows whats going to happen to our run defense.

I miss the days where I actually had confidence we wouldn't just go out there and embarass ourselves.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

so far after one quarter, darren sproles is just spectaular and is the game mvp.. cromartie has a case- hes got a few picks and a penalty and a bad decision under his belt..

rivers is feeling more and more like a liability norv is trying to work around.. thats purely speculative however.. but its seems very much like his load has lightened

plus.. LT needs to get going.. the defense cant stop peyton and addai forever

Edit: okay, maybe its cromartie whose the mvp i dunno.. hes got 3 interceptions... only negative would be his 2 penalties..

sig by bosanac01

Last edited by Average OT LB : 11-11-2007 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

my god, i just saw the interception of the year. Cromartie is an anmial, and will most definitely be starting after tonight.

sig by bosanac01
Old 11-11-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Also, i cant help but to think that there wouldnt be a huge crowd around the players who catch the ball, if the defnese didnt already know where the ball was going. That is a problem..

sig by bosanac01
Old 11-11-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Well when its third down in the redzone its not rocket science to know that its probably gonna go to Gates....

That beign said it did appear at first that Norv was playing to limit Rivers as much as possible, but he took the reigns off...and Rivers has actually been playing pretty well IMO...

The defense is playing great...Cromartie...I don't think I have to say anything else...

Although keep in mind its Peyton Manning and the Colts, and its still a two score game....lets not get too excited...
Old 11-11-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Holy ****....did we really just win this game?

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

We lucked out bigtime that our defense and special teams showed up...

Our offense has been inept for weeks and our ST and defense masked it against Houston and Indy...they really need to get back on track, and fast.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Rivers last two games: 32/66 at a 48% clip.. 301 yards 4 fumbles 2 lost 3 interceptions 0 touchdowns..

LT was interviewed and the reporter commented that he wasnt very happy looking and suggested it was perhaps because he was shocked.. this comment came after he had just tlaked about his continued frustrations with the offense.. and making several references to just getting by and getting lucky..

Rivers is going through a funk right now. The talent is there, but something is wrong. I liken this to ben roethlisbergers season last year where he had like 22 picks or w/e and this year hes been great.. i think its a matter of time before rivers gets out of this funk but until then i feel the excuses have really run out for him and its time to acknowledge there is a significant problem.

sig by bosanac01
Old 11-12-2007, 12:45 AM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

What an amazing game. I'm still kind of dumbfounded about what happened tonight but I'll still give a go at a brief summary at what I saw at the game. I've had season tickets my whole life now, and I can't remember the fans ever beeing that excited during a first quarter of football. A lot of people were getting on Norv about putting in Cromartie at KR/PR, but those talks are all but over now as Sproles basically won the game for us. We can now let Cromartie focus entirely on defense and continue his dominance. This guys a freak of nature and he's only in his second year and getting better by the game.

I'm starting to wonder what Norv Turner tells his team during halftime. We play so much worse in the 2nd half its unbelievable. We completely abandoned the pass rush and decided to play zone defense and a QB the caliber of Manning will demolish that every time. I swear it seemed like the Colts called the same play almost everytime in the second half and we still couldn't stop it. You would think an NFL coach could be cabable of making a change but apparently that isn't an option for our coaching staff. Our D was incredible in the first half so I guess they'll get a pass especially playing a great offense and quarterback like manning.

On offense though it was basically the same thing. Norv Turner sucks as a play caller when the game is close. It was just ugly how Philip Rivers continued to struggle. Most of his poor stats are probably from Norv Turners horrid play calling. I certainly don't think he had as poorly of a game as the stats may indicate.

I started to walk out of the stadium as Vinatieri lined up for for that 29 yard field goal. For some reason the probable hall of fame kicker shanked it and missed wide right. I couldn't feel happier, I gave a tiger woods fist pump. It was crazy, I couldnt believe it, we actually won that game. It was lucky, but a wins a win, so I'll take it. Sorry, I wrote a lot more then I anticipated writing.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Last edited by sdpads24 : 11-12-2007 at 12:48 AM.
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:33 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game, and maybe the whole season, was this close to being on the brink. Vinatieri missed that thing by centimeters. I'm still not sure he even missed.

Hopefully, AJ is taking notes and is holding the coaching staff accountable for some of the mistakes.

Cromartie has become so good, so fast, that it is downright scary. Who would have thought he'd clearly be the best defensive player on the team this season?

Chargers got lucky tonight. They won't get that lucky again next week on the road against Jacksonville. The team has to come out and play a complete game, especially on OFFENSE. Two offensive touchdowns in the last two games is unnacceptable.