Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 11-27-2006, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Atleast Reid wasn't a dick and ran the ball. If he gave Westbrook the ball consistently he'd be a top 10 player in the league.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:14 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scotts new mock has the Eagles taking PSUs LB Paul Poslusny...im hating this pick idk bout you guys
mpt117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:23 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't dislike Poz as a player, but he's not the kind of guy we need for our D at this point. Poz has had problems shedding blocks this season, so he can't flow to the ball and make plays. Hard for the Eagles to get much improvement on their D with LB's who have trouble shedding blocks. I think Poz will be great somewhere, probably as a combo ILB/OLB in a 3-4 D. However, I'm not sure his style of play fits with our D, and our DLine can't keep the LB's clean to make plays as is. Not a good idea IMO.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Posluszny is a terrible pick for the Eagles, especially in that situation.

The Eagles do not need a WLB. McCoy hasn't been consistent, but he hasn't played bad at all by any means. He's been their best linebacker this year. Something like 60 tackles, 6 TFL and 3 FF. Paul isn't strong enough to play MLB or SLB. The problems with Eagles LBs is speed and the ability to shed or overpower blocks. Paul doesn't really upgrade either.

Willis or Landry would be much better picks. Willis would be better because he could play all 3 spots, is pretty fast and very strong. I can't believe you didn't give the Eagles Landry. Dawkins has been declining. Lewis sucks and will leave in FA. Considine was good as the 3rd safety. Passing on an elite safety for another undersized LB, especially one that isn't needed, is downright dumb.
That was my post to the mock draft. It's seriously a horrible pick.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 11-28-2006, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Also, Mike Bartrum is retiring. Awesome. :x

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 11-28-2006, 08:39 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillen
Also, Mike Bartrum is retiring. Awesome. :x
I'm gonna miss him, great long snapper. He also had a nose for the endzone.
Over half of his receptions were for touchdowns.

That injury I guess sealed the deal, Howard can be a utility man for us until we find another long-snapper. I just don't like the idea of Howard getting hit on the back of the head repeatedly.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:00 AM    (permalink
jblaze66
Rookie

jblaze66 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Whats up

Hey everyone I am new to these boards but I have known about scott's site for over a year now. I look forward to discussing the Eagles draft/FA plans with you all in the future. GO E A G L E S!

Sig by Kramer
jblaze66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:54 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dillen, I like Willis a lot, and I think his skill set would fit well with the Eagles situation. He could be a potential future replacement for Trotter in the middle, with Gaither stepping in at SAM. Willis is probably the best LB prospect to suit the Eagles needs, but I have said for months now that S should be tops on their list due to the age of Dawkins and the issues with Lewis. Is Considine the answer? I'd rather not find out without a backup plan in place...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 11-29-2006, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358
Dillen, I like Willis a lot, and I think his skill set would fit well with the Eagles situation. He could be a potential future replacement for Trotter in the middle, with Gaither stepping in at SAM. Willis is probably the best LB prospect to suit the Eagles needs, but I have said for months now that S should be tops on their list due to the age of Dawkins and the issues with Lewis. Is Considine the answer? I'd rather not find out without a backup plan in place...
In that situation I would go Landry over Willis 100 times out of 100, but the point was just to show that there was more than only one pick that would have been 50 times better.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 11-29-2006, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Incinerator
Rookie

Incinerator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wont be surprised if the Eagles go winless the rest of the year so I'm curious, do you guys think we'll end up with a top 10 pick? If so what would you do, trade down to the middle of the round or stay?

remember, if the Eagles resign Stallworth we lose our 3rd round pick, so I'm thinking if they traded down to the middle of the pack they could probably get 2 2nd rounders and a first, and address the defense
Incinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I think Poz will be a fine player, but not for the Eagles, and not in round 1. If he were to fall to the second round, the Eagles would likely have to pick him. Otherwise, there are some pressing needs on D that are more significant than WLB. I would say safety is a concern, and a CB on day 1 is probable. I also wouldn't mind another DE as part of the rotation. Poz is probably 12th on my list of prospects for the Eagles right now.

Old 11-29-2006, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incinerator
I wont be surprised if the Eagles go winless the rest of the year so I'm curious, do you guys think we'll end up with a top 10 pick? If so what would you do, trade down to the middle of the round or stay?

remember, if the Eagles resign Stallworth we lose our 3rd round pick, so I'm thinking if they traded down to the middle of the pack they could probably get 2 2nd rounders and a first, and address the defense
If they get a top 10 pick they better not trade it away unless they're getting way too much they should. To be honest, I'm sick of settling to get extra players. Get a stud.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 11-29-2006, 01:22 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I don't think the Eagles would trade back for value unless they got a team overpaying, or if they didn't have their guy there. The team has never shied away from moving up to get the player they want (McDougle, Andrews), so I don't see them not taking a stud player in the top 10 if he were there and valued appropriately.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:02 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind if the Eagles traded down 2 or 3 picks assuming we will be picking in the top 10 which I am, so we could move up in the second. Here's my ideal situation for the draft:
Round 1- Laron Landry LSU
Round 2- Anthony Waters Clemson
I really like Patrick Willis but the safety quality past the first round isn't as good of quality as the linebacker quality. What I like about Waters is that he's pretty fast which we could really use and since he got injured for his senior season then he could very well be available in the second round.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:31 PM    (permalink
jblaze66
Rookie

I would have to say LB is our #1 need and I do agree that Willis is the best fit for us, I think he has great potential as a 4-3 MLB for Trot's eventual replacement, also I would like to see them give Gaither a shot at SLB. We NEED to be deeper at LB.

Sig by Kramer
Old 11-30-2006, 08:50 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I think the Eagles have to evaluate their needs and players available at safety and LB and pick the BPA. If it's Willis, so be it. If it's Landry, why not? It's possible they've targeted another defensive playmaker for the squad that we haven't mentioned yet. I'm really looking for an immediate impact player to help shore things up. LB's tend to take a year to be ready for the system. If that tradition holds true, I'd rather have a first round safety, grab a good LB in round 2, then move along. I don't know a ton about Waters, but his size and projected speed looks pretty good. Not bad, Cunningham!

Old 11-30-2006, 04:49 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358
I think the Eagles have to evaluate their needs and players available at safety and LB and pick the BPA. If it's Willis, so be it. If it's Landry, why not? It's possible they've targeted another defensive playmaker for the squad that we haven't mentioned yet. I'm really looking for an immediate impact player to help shore things up. LB's tend to take a year to be ready for the system. If that tradition holds true, I'd rather have a first round safety, grab a good LB in round 2, then move along. I don't know a ton about Waters, but his size and projected speed looks pretty good. Not bad, Cunningham!
Ha I do what I can. I know we've been playing anchor in the middle defense with Trotter as MIKE but I think once he's gone we need to go in a new direction. A speedy lighter MIKE might be just what our defense needs. Like a Demeco Ryans of sorts. What I think that would add is some quicker penetration and if we could get to the ball carrier faster even if he didn't make the tackle and got blocked the ball carrier would have a lot of trash to move around. That's my biggest problem with our defense it doesn't swarm to the ball, and thats what all the best defenses must do. Also another thing I would like is a mammoth defensive tackle upwards of 320 pounds. Patterson is good and pulls double teams his way but neither he nor Walker really clog the middle. Before the draft I was hoping we would trade up and take Ngata, and then later I was hoping for Gabe Watson even though he had motivational problems.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about David Harris? He reminds me a lot of Trot. I don't know exactly where he is projected to go but my guess mid 2nd round. With the emergence of Reggie Nelson it is looking likely that we might be able to get the best safety prospect IMO in LaRon Landry in the 1st. And I'm also warming up to the thought of Brian Leonard but since he is probably gonna be a 3rd rounder we won't be able draft him unless we don't re-sign Stallworth. I'm really hoping we do, though.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:06 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77
How about David Harris? He reminds me a lot of Trot. I don't know exactly where he is projected to go but my guess mid 2nd round. With the emergence of Reggie Nelson it is looking likely that we might be able to get the best safety prospect IMO in LaRon Landry in the 1st. And I'm also warming up to the thought of Brian Leonard but since he is probably gonna be a 3rd rounder we won't be able draft him unless we don't re-sign Stallworth. I'm really hoping we do, though.
i think harris is projected to go in rounds 3-5 right now, but he is on the rise...with all this linebacker talk i cant wait to see what gocong has to offer next year
mpt117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:27 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would like to see Patrik Willis, I don't know why but i am not to high on the eagles picking pozlunzy he'll be a good player just not in our defense, and how about qb day 1 any opinions not saying they should just putting it out there...

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Couple things.

I don't want anyone like Trotter. I used to love him to death, but then he hasn't been that good this year. I want a 3 down LB that isn't the hugest liability in pass coverage.

Willis is my favorite pick if Landry is off the board.

I don't want a QB day 1. They don't need one. I know McNabb will be ready for TC, and he's going to be on the team for awhile longer. Day 2 QB though, definitely.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 12-01-2006, 09:41 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

I deffinetely agree that trotter is underperforming, not only can he not cover anyone, he doesn't get a lot of force going into the line of scrimage, and he is being a loud mouth. I deff. want willis

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
Old 12-02-2006, 12:47 AM    (permalink
jblaze66
Rookie

I was just going over our list of upcoming FAs and was wondering what your guys' thoughts were on them. I included my thoughts below.

Barber, Shawn LB UFA - Could be brought back as a backup again, hard to say.
Buckhalter, Correll RB UFA - Won't be brought back, he made an admirable effort but the Eagles will go in a different direction.
Garcia, Jeff QB UFA - Probably wont be back, Feeley will backup McNabb and we will draft a QB on Day 2 for 3rd string.
Hood, Roderick CB UFA - Very possible he won't return plenty of teams looking for CB help.
James, William CB UFA - Might be brought back but only for minimal money
Lewis, Michael S UFA - Won't be back, will sign long term elsewhere
Mahe, Reno RB UFA - Most likely will be here again
Mikell, Quintin S UFA - Should be brought back for his value on ST and as a reliable backup.
Short, Jason LB RFA - Will get minimum tender and come back for STs
Thomas, Juqua DE UFA - Probably wont be back
Thomas, William OT UFA - Won't be back, Eagles want to get younger on the line.

Sig by Kramer
Old 12-02-2006, 09:02 AM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

I mostly agree with you on the FA's, they won't bring William "Ta" Thomas but i would like to see him back even though he's old

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
Old 12-02-2006, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

I'd like to bring back Barber. He's a good nickel LB.

Hood's gone. He hasn't had a great year, but he could start for atleast 5 teams in the NFL. He'll probably get something like 5 years $25M.

I like Juqua. He's effective in a whole lot of places, DE, joker, rush backer. He's a great 4th DE, but I think someone will overpay for him.

Tra Thomas isn't a free agent. I have no idea why everyone is under the impression that he is every single offseason. It's annoying as hell. He's 31, OTs last long, even though he has injury concerns. Out of the tackles, Runyan is the problem, not Tra.

I dont really care about Buck, Garcia, James, Mahe, and Short. Mahe will probably be brought back because he's a good returner.

Thanks to jkpigskin