Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Which way is she turning?
Clockwise 71 62.28%
Counter Clockwise 43 37.72%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
People who see it both ways seem to be confused-brained. She can only be turning one way.
http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~axs/fig/cube-only.png

Which is the front side of the cube, lower square or upper square?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Perhaps it is actually your left arm that you think is your right? Or perhaps you're putting way too much into this.
I dunno, but this is very interesting to me. I can't even imagine how anybody could see her as turning counter-clockwise. The brain is fascinating.
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Daerht siht etah I....................
Old 11-16-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I dunno, but this is very interesting to me. I can't even imagine how anybody could see her as turning counter-clockwise. The brain is fascinating.
I don't get how you see her clockwise
Old 11-16-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
.uoy etah I
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~axs/fig/cube-only.png

Which is the front side of the cube, lower square or upper square?
The square that is most directly facing me would be the front, imo. Although a cube really doesn't have a front side.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
lol, I was tryiing to pay attention and all of a sudden, out of the corner of my eye, I saw something come running in.
That something that came running into the corner of your eye was....
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA View Post

?msacras taht saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The square that is most directly facing me would be the front, imo. Although a cube really doesn't have a front side.
Dude, there's always two answers to these things.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That something that came running into the corner of your eye was....

It was a gorilla. It was the link that Chaucer posted

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 11-16-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Dude, there's always two answers to these things.
Right, that's how they're intended. But here in reality, if there is a handicapped/nude ballet dancer standing in front of you continually spinning in one direction, then that direction can be clockwise or counter-clockwise, but not both.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
.uoy etah I
ecin t'nsi taht

Quote:
?msacras taht saw
kcus ti, epon
Old 11-16-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Counter-clockwise. I've seen it before, and IIRC I got it to go both ways, but not now so far.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

?ti ni gnitsop llits uoy era yhw neht

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-16-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

Quote:
?ti ni gnitsop llits uoy era yhw neht
!efil on htiw, resol a m'I esuaceb
Old 11-16-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Right, that's how they're intended. But here in reality, if there is a handicapped/nude ballet dancer standing in front of you continually spinning in one direction, then that direction can be clockwise or counter-clockwise, but not both.
Well good thing this is an optical illusion and not real or I'd think I was crazy.

Also the cube works the other way as well, can you see it the other way or just that one way?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well good thing this is an optical illusion and not real or I'd think I was crazy.

Also the cube works the other way as well, can you see it the other way or just that one way?

i can see the cube both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No she doesn't change. Your brain might think she does though. This is a test of right brained vs left brained people. They see things differently.
doubt it considering I have seen it both ways

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can get the cube to switch back and forth easily but the woman is hard. ive done it a few times but its mainly counter clockwise
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It depends on what part you look at. If you are looking at her top half she appears to be turning counter clockwise but if you are looking at her bottom half she appears to be turning clockwise. You can try it by covering the lower half with your hand and looking at the top half and vice versa.

I think the reason it appears to be both is because of the leg that's sticking out. It gives you a second perspective as if you're looking at her from below. So basically if you're looking at her from above she's spinning counter clockwise and if you're looking at her from below she's spinning clockwise.

Last edited by Stash : 11-16-2007 at 09:43 PM.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
People who see it both ways seem to be confused-brained. She can only be turning one way.
actually people who can see it both ways are neither left brained, nor right brained, they are able to use both sides of the brain effectively, although it is still likely that one is predominate.

At first i was sure it was clockwise, which would mean that i was right brained... this is simply not the case, I'm an Engineering major who is really good at math and science, and only above average in the English fields and doesn't believe in religion...

Then i saw her going counter-clockwise... now, clockwise again. and i didn't sit there staring at it to get it to change, at one point i was changing the page, and it spun the other direction, at another point i was reading a quoted post, and then looked up and it was spinning CC.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like she's going clockwise to me.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
actually people who can see it both ways are neither left brained, nor right brained, they are able to use both sides of the brain effectively, although it is still likely that one is predominate.

At first i was sure it was clockwise, which would mean that i was right brained... this is simply not the case, I'm an Engineering major who is really good at math and science, and only above average in the English fields and doesn't believe in religion...

Then i saw her going counter-clockwise... now, clockwise again. and i didn't sit there staring at it to get it to change, at one point i was changing the page, and it spun the other direction, at another point i was reading a quoted post, and then looked up and it was spinning CC.
Sounds like the very definition of confusion to me. She can only be spinning one way. Optical illusions are just that: illusions. People who see it going clockwise aren't allowing their brain to be mislead or deceived.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
osi+ap=allshallperish
Rookie

osi+ap=allshallperish hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
No she doesn't change. Your brain might think she does though. This is a test of right brained vs left brained people. They see things differently.
I say her change. There's a point when focusing on the her elongated leg where she went form clockwise to counterclockwise.
osi+ap=allshallperish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
osi+ap=allshallperish
Rookie

osi+ap=allshallperish hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Sounds like the very definition of confusion to me. She can only be spinning one way. Optical illusions are just that: illusions. People who see it going clockwise aren't allowing their brain to be mislead or deceived.
but ti's how people react to optical reactions that lets us guess about their brain function.
osi+ap=allshallperish is offline   Reply With Quote