Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-03-2006, 08:10 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Sugar Bowl: LSU Tigers vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

While I was really hoping LSU would wind up in the Rose Bowl, this game actually seems to be very good. Both teams losses have come to top teams (LSU lost to Auburn and Florida) (Notre Dame lost to USC and Michigan).

Both feature premier QB's, both have questionable running games, both have pretty good receivers, but I think LSU's defense is better than Notre Dame's.

Who do you think wins? Discuss.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 08:27 PM    (permalink
danman253

LSU has way too much offense and has the defense to slow them down somewhat. I expect a game similar to UM-ND.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:28 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Matchups

QB:ND
RB:ND
WR:ND
OL:LSU
DL:LSU
LB:LSU
DB:LSU

Coaching: Push

Les Miles and Charlie Weis both have done wonders for their programs

Winner: LSU (please ND pull off an upset! I bet on you for some dumb reason)

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 08:30 PM    (permalink
danman253

QB: ND
RB: ND
WR: LSU
OL: LSU
DL: LSU
LB: LSU
DB: LSU

Coach: ehhh, i'll say ND barely
Old 12-03-2006, 08:59 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do expect it to be a blowout if Les Miles retakes Coaching 101 and passes with higher than a C.

LSU has too much offense for ND to slow them down and they also have a far better D. If LSU plays like they've been playing it shouldn't be much of a game.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:04 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LSU by 13

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:04 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

LSU has waaaaay too much team speed for ND to contend with, if the line is less than a touchdown I'll be putting a nice chunk of change on this game.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:06 PM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LSU will win but they like running the ball so much it won't be that much of a blowout

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
4pAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:13 PM    (permalink
snuff

I give up on LSU. I have no idea what they will do. Yeah they are super talented, possibly the second most talented team in the nation, but who knows.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Bem1
Rookie

Bem1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

notre dame please
Old 12-03-2006, 09:34 PM    (permalink
snuff

If LSU shows up and doest give 3+ turnovers I give them 35-10 win.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL.

The mascot of LSU may be a tiger, but Notre Dame is being thrown to the lions.

Hopefully Brady Quinn doesn't get injured.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:44 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LSU, I personally think Notre Dame shouldn't be here and the only reason they are is that bull crap no more than 2 teams in the BCS.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:47 PM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
LSU, I personally think Notre Dame shouldn't be here and the only reason they are is that bull crap no more than 2 teams in the BCS.
Why, ND beat tough opponents all season long like Army... Stanford and barely edged out great teams like MSU !1!!!!!11!!!11!!!!111

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
Old 12-03-2006, 09:48 PM    (permalink
AceInTheHole94
Veteran

AceInTheHole94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Advantages:

QB - ND
RB - ND
WR - push
TE - ND
OL - LSU
DL - LSU
LB - LSU
DB - LSU

HC - ND
OC - ND
DC - LSU

I say ND wins 28-24, but Im an ND homer.
AceInTheHole94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:49 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceInTheHole94
Advantages:

QB - ND
RB - ND
WR - push
TE - ND
OL - LSU
DL - LSU
LB - LSU
DB - LSU

HC - ND
OC - ND
DC - LSU

I say ND wins 28-24, but Im an ND homer.
You must be, because you don't have a chance.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:52 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253

You must be, because you don't have a chance.
I give them a better chance than Florida. LSU is so up and down.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:55 PM    (permalink
richdg
Veteran

richdg hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It all comes down to LSU's D vs ND's O. LSU will only score about 20 points. They screw up to much. So, can they keep ND under 20? LSU should win. But everyone said that before they played Auburn and Florida.
richdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:56 PM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by richdg
It all comes down to LSU's D vs ND's O. LSU will only score about 20 points. They screw up to much. So, can they keep ND under 20? LSU should win. But everyone said that before they played Auburn and Florida.
ND'S D is definately on the same level as those two Ds

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
Old 12-03-2006, 09:57 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by richdg

Dude NDs d can't hold a candle next to thosw two.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Thunderstruck

This game is the perfect launching pad for JaMarcus Russell, going against this atrocious Notre Dame secondary.

LSU has the talent to make this perhaps the most boring BCS Bowl save the National Championship. They can wear down the Notre Dame front seven with their running back by committee approach or torch them vertically. Defensively, they should limit the damage Quinn is able to do, although I'm sure he will lay it all on the line to win one before he leaves South Bend.

I am going to pick LSU by the score of 38-21.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:27 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LSU will win easily ND isn't impressive against good teams and LSU is on the level of UM and USC or atleast close to it
Old 12-03-2006, 10:27 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

cant believe i voted LSU but i hope ND wins.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:59 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

(Winner: LSU (please ND pull off an upset! I bet on you for some dumb reason)

That sucks for you, cause they might call this game at halftime. LSU rools over a crappy, overrated, slow ND team.

LSU 45
ND 3

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:52 AM    (permalink
therock6000
Veteran

therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.

this hurts, but...LSU by at least 10...ND's defense...well...is crap :(

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre
therock6000 is offline   Reply With Quote