Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-20-2007, 02:38 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default This does not make me happy...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/p...?urn=nfl,54123
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:02 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Agreed. But we all knew it was coming. I was hoping for two years rather than only one. Still, Jerry managed to convince Sean Payton to stick around a couple of more years when reportedly the Oakland job was his for the taking, so who knows?
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:39 AM    (permalink
yno88
Rookie

yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.

Jerrah's gonna step up and pay him as a head coach and promise him the reins when Wade leaves. I realize that it would be difficult to turn down your first HC post, but I think Garrett is where he wants to be right now.
yno88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase View Post
Agreed. But we all knew it was coming. I was hoping for two years rather than only one. Still, Jerry managed to convince Sean Payton to stick around a couple of more years when reportedly the Oakland job was his for the taking, so who knows?
I think Jerry knew it was coming as well, he just may very well have to make Garrett the highest paid OC in the league if he wants him 2 stay, but I know for a fact that he wont leave to another team to be another coordinator, and its pretty bold asking a guy to be a head coach without much experience, but thats the day and age we are at now...

Still pretty sure the Dallas head coaching job was discussed to Garrett when he interviewed, and Id like to think that job interest him more then any other job, at most he has to be an OC one more year before he gets the job, and personally id like him to do what he does another year before taking on the responsibility of the whole team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have to also realize, Jason is a pretty smart guy, and he has mentioned more than once that he has a lot to learn. Hell, just making the transition to OC this year without much coaching experience at all was a huge step for him, and I really don't think that Sporano is getting the credit that he deserves for helping Jason out. Now, with one year as an OC, he's supposed to all of a sudden be able to take on the responsibility of an entire team? I don't think he's ready, and I have an inkling that he doesn't think so either.

If anything, I see this situation closely following the Avery Johnson/Don Nelson situation that occurred for the Mavs. Johnson was brought in to be the successor, his name was a hot commodity around the league, Cuban wanted Avery to be HC, Nelly wasn't ready to leave, and eventually Cuban just forced the situation. Nelly got the boot, Avery came in and was everything that the Mavs hoped he would be. But Avery had to sit on the bench for a couple years before it happened.

IMO, Jason is the future for this franchise. I think Jerry wants that Landry/Shula/Noll/Cowher guy that will come in and be the long-term guy for the franchise. Jason is as good a candidate as there is out there for that guy, and I don't think he would pass up the opportunity to lead America's team, a team laden with All-Pros like Witten, Romo, Ware, Newman and Co. ,into the next decade so that he could take on a fix-it operation in Cinncy or Baltimore. I just don't see that happening.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mangini made somewhat of a similar jump to head coach that Garrett would be making if he did indeed take one of those jobs.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So from what I've been reading Nobody on this board thinks Wade will be given an extension after his three years are up? Even if we win a Superbowl or 2 in the next few years everybody is assuming Wade's gone and Garrett is the guy. Is this right? Seems hard to believe that we have all this success and just tell the head man thanks and see ya. This is why Garrett leaves if given a head job IMO because you cant take for granted this job or any job for that matter is going to be here waiting for him in three years. Just my 2 cents.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Loved what Garrett has done. But weren't we ranked 4-th or 5-th in total offense last year?
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is he ready to coach a team as a HC? We don't know, the same way we didn't know with Mangini. The only people that know for sure are the people around him, and the teams that will interview him.

I think if a team throws a bunch of money at him, he'll strongly consider it. Let's face it, money talks. Jerry seems like he wants Garrett to be the long term future of his franchise, but if he wants that, he better get a raise ready.

Because if he doesn't, Garrett will be out the door.

I really like his Xs and Os ability. He's one of the best in the business already. That doesn't always equate to great HCing success, as we've seen with Norv Turner, but he does deserve a shot sooner or later.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc4life View Post
Loved what Garrett has done. But weren't we ranked 4-th or 5-th in total offense last year?
Yeah but that was BP's boring Offense.

BP does not get credit on this board for much. Wade, Garrett and Jerry get all of it.

Last edited by cowboysforever : 11-21-2007 at 09:04 PM.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever View Post
Yeah but that was BP's boring Offense.

BP does not get credit on this board for much. Wade, Garrett and Jerry get all of it.
BP turned TO into a JAG. Garrett is moving him around and letting him be the playmaker that he is. BP's offense was boring but still productive, just not at the level it is now.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
BP turned TO into a JAG.
A JAG who led the league in TDs and Passes Thrown too. Maybe if he had not dropped a few key passes he would have had another 250 yards and 2-3 TDs.

But whatever.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
So from what I've been reading Nobody on this board thinks Wade will be given an extension after his three years are up? Even if we win a Superbowl or 2 in the next few years everybody is assuming Wade's gone and Garrett is the guy. Is this right? Seems hard to believe that we have all this success and just tell the head man thanks and see ya. This is why Garrett leaves if given a head job IMO because you cant take for granted this job or any job for that matter is going to be here waiting for him in three years. Just my 2 cents.
Jerry had no problem changing coaches during the Superbowl years... Despite Jimmy's success. I dont think Wade stays even if he wins the Superbowl for the next three years...
Old 11-22-2007, 01:14 AM    (permalink
D-Fence

Wade Phillips will be kicked to the curb before Jason Garrett walks out the door. Jerry did not bring Jason back to Dallas to watch him leave for someone else's HC job. If Jason is set on being a head coach after this season, Jerry will make him Dallas' coach.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think Jason Garrett will want to be a head coach as early as next year. Two years down the road? Absolutely.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

This report is only based off speculations of Albert Breer at DMN as to where Garrett would be willing to go if offered a head coaching job...none of these teams have contacted Garrett, and none have expressed interest. Right now it's pure speculation, and we've known that was coming for weeks.