Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 11-28-2006, 03:38 PM    (permalink
bofadabizzles
Veteran

bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger
I love Scott but I thought this was funny...

Here is what Scott said about Marques Colston in response to a question in his "Ask NFLDC" Q&A:

First of all Marques Colston is a very rare exception and even though I was very high on him even I didn't expect the kind of numbers he is putting up for the Saints.

I was very curious as to what Scott thought of Colston, so I resourced his team by team reviews and brought up his review of the Saints. Here was his take on Colston (after the draft):

With their final pick the Saints brought in another sleeper in Marques Colston of Hofstra, who despite playing wide receiver in college will likely be tried out as a tight end or H-Back due to his size. Even though the Saints really don't have a top player established at the position it would be a surprise if Colston were able to make much of an impact as a rookie.

C'mon Scott!!!!! Hindsight is 20/20!
Just wanted to respond:

Notice that quote didn't say anything about what I thought of Colston as a player but merely what I thought his chances were of making the team right after the draft (before he started tearing up their camps). I had Colston as my #7 sleeper prospect, ahead of a number of guys who went much higher them him like Tarvaris Jackson and Paul McQuistan.
I noticed. I think that guy was just trying to prove you wrong or something.

I kept up with as much of Saints training camp as I could and I remember reading articles that mentioned how impressive Sean Patyon and the rest of the coaching staff were with Colston. Also, the emergence of Jamal Jones, someone who went undrafted but has also impressed coaches as well but still needs some development, really were the keys in trading away Stallworth. I was wary of us trading Stallworth since I thought he stepped it up last year but the risk has paid off. You never know what you're going to get from a 7th Rd. draft pick, sometimes you'll find a stud but more than likely you'll find a dud.

I remember my friend calling me up and telling me about who we drafted in the end of the draft and he told me we drafted a wide receiver from Hofstra and I told him "what a waste. he's not making the team"
In one of the Sportsguy's(ESPN) articles he said the reason Colston was picked so low is because the coaching staff at Hofstra bashed him to all of the NFL scouts about his additude, have you guys heard any of this? I find it a little hard to believe, seems like if that was the case you would hear about every time he made a play.
bofadabizzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:42 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard that as well in another forum I'm in. If that's true then shame on the Hofstra coaching staff.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Star Wideout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yes that is very surprising to hear that, he seems like a very well grounded kid. Who respects the game, and his coaches.
Star Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:31 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wideout
Yes that is very surprising to hear that, he seems like a very well grounded kid. Who respects the game, and his coaches.
Exactly. That's why I found it weird that they would say something like that about him.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-30-2006, 02:42 PM    (permalink
LSU Man
Rookie

LSU Man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Does anyone else have the feeling that this is a trap game agains the 9'ers? I mean we just killed ATL and have momentum rising as we're getting ready to play Dallas. I just have that weird feeling.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we're looking past them SF can easily beat us. Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, and Alex Smith could spell trouble for us... I hope we can just come out with a win with no injuries.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:20 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

We can't look past SF. Yes, I agree this could turn into a trap game. We just came off a great road win against a division rival and we have a really good team in Dallas we're playing in a few weeks. SF has been playing good ball, they have an underrated coach, a blossoming offense, and an improving defense. They could beat us if we overlook them. We need to not look past them. If we handle our business then we can be 8-4 going into Dallas.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-01-2006, 09:14 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

18 Questions with Terrance Copper:

http://neworleanssaints.com/newsroom...articleid=3125

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-01-2006, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints | Simoneau expected to play in Week 13
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:29:01 -0800

New Orleans Saints LB Mark Simoneau (hand) practiced Friday, Dec. 1, and he is expected to play in Week 13. He is listed as questionable on the team's injury report.

Saints | Horn expected to play in Week 13
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:27:27 -0800

New Orleans Saints WR Joe Horn (groin) practiced Friday, Dec. 1, and he is expected to play in Week 13. He is listed as questionable on the team's injury report.

Saints | W. Smith will be game-time decision in Week 13
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:23:36 -0800

New Orleans Saints DL Will Smith (knee) did not practice Friday, Dec. 1, and he will be a game-time decision in Week 13, although it is not looking like he will play. He is listed as questionable on the team's injury report.

Saints | Colston will be game-time decision in Week 13
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:22:43 -0800

New Orleans Saints WR Marques Colston (ankle) was limited in practice Friday, Dec. 1, and he will be a game-time decision in Week 13, although he is leaning towards playing. From observing him in practice, and how he has felt this week, he feels he is further along than he was last week. He is listed as questionable on the team's injury report.

Saints | F. Thomas expected to play in Week 13
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:18:47 -0800

New Orleans Saints CB Fred Thomas (thumb) practiced Friday, Dec. 1, and he is expected to play in Week 13. He is listed as probable on the team's injury report.

Saints | Scott expected to play in Week 13
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:18:41 -0800

New Orleans Saints FS Bryan Scott (foot) practiced Friday, Dec. 1, and he is expected to play in Week 13. He is listed as probable on the team's injury report.

Saints | Stecker expected to play in Week 13
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:14:01 -0800

New Orleans Saints RB Aaron Stecker (ankle) practiced Friday, Dec. 1, and he is expected to play in Week 13. He is listed as probable on the team's injury report.

Damnit, I think Smith not playing is really going to hurt. Adding pressure to Alex Smith is going to be key for us.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 12-02-2006, 01:27 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys. Its gona be quite a challenge to face you guys. Its amazing when the season started this looked like a dud, but now it could shape up seeds in the NFC. Its gona be tough to beat you guys, especially since were horrible on the road and brees is playing like a top 5 qb this season. But your team is moving up, quite quicker than any one of us thought. Heres hoping for a clean, injury free game on sunday.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Same here, bro! Here's to a good, clean, close game (with the Saints winning).

Old 12-03-2006, 03:29 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Yeah, I would like to see Will Smith play but I'm sure we can still get it handled. Whose going to take his spot?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-03-2006, 03:57 AM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Star Wideout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Yeah, I would like to see Will Smith play but I'm sure we can still get it handled. Whose going to take his spot?
Probably Willie Whitehead.

Looks like Colston is going to be out for you guys as well, game might be tougher than expected.
Star Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Game day.. let's go Saints!

Old 12-03-2006, 11:50 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think we absolutely need to win this game in order to finish at least 10-6 (which is what I'm hoping for). I think we can win 2 out of 4 against DAL, WAS, NYG, and CAR. 3 might be pushing it.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:23 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Well, today was Reggie Bush's coming out party. 4 TD's. That's unbelievable.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-03-2006, 03:28 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Surely it was a fluke and he's a complete and total bust who will never amount to anything in the league...

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 12-03-2006, 04:26 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Quote:
Surely it was a fluke and he's a complete and total bust who will never amount to anything in the league...
That's what I was thinking. He totally won't amount to anything..... Hahaha.

Now we have to concentrate on Dallas. This game against the Cowgirls now is key.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-03-2006, 04:56 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Now we have to concentrate on Dallas. This game against the Cowgirls now is key.
I think that if we continue our streak of 2 straight games without a turnover, and protect the ball against Dallas, we have a very good chance of winning.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 12-03-2006, 06:50 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think that if we continue our streak of 2 straight games without a turnover, and protect the ball against Dallas, we have a very good chance of winning.
I do too. I hope that we can pull it out. We need to play great, though against a tough Dallas team.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-03-2006, 07:05 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

I know it was one game (and against the 49ers), but I was very impressed with our defense today. We shut down Frank Gore and got good pressure on Alex Smith with Will out.

I'm worried about the heath of our receivers, though.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 12-03-2006, 07:42 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
I know it was one game (and against the 49ers), but I was very impressed with our defense today. We shut down Frank Gore and got good pressure on Alex Smith with Will out.

I'm worried about the heath of our receivers, though.
You are right. Our defense looked really good out there today. We were able to stop a really good running back and get pressue on Alex Smith. One thing I saw us do was blitz a good bit, which is what we have been needing to do a lot more of this year.

I'm worried about our WR health as well. Colston hopefully will be recovered from his injury by the time next week rolls around. I also think that we really need Joe Horn playing. His leadership and veteran presence will be most beneficial to us, especially going against a top notch secondary like the one Dallas possesses.

I'd also like to see Will Smith healthy for the game. We could really use him going againt Flozell Adams, because I think that he'd be able to really get some pressue on Romo with Smith in the game.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-04-2006, 09:04 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Reggie Bush is the man, he scored three rushing touchdowns.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84
Reggie Bush is the man, he scored three rushing touchdowns.
Nah. Yesterday was just a fluke.

Old 12-04-2006, 01:35 PM    (permalink
LSU Man
Rookie

LSU Man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really really hope is wasn't a fluke :(

Our receivers need to get healthy for the Cowboys game. Colston and Will Smith are a must for this game.