Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-04-2006, 12:27 AM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

I love how Florida matches up with OSU, but it's really hard to trust Chris Leak in a big game. I'd probably lean towards Ohio State in a close game, but i'm not setting that in stone yet.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Don’t quit, don’t even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Florida, except for QB. Somehow, Smith will find a way to win, Leak will find a way to lose.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:07 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmm.....I don't think it'll be that close at all. Florida's defense doesn't really compare to how good UM was and OSU put up 42 on them. I'll give it to Florida that they have 2 great safeties, but the fact that Florida can't run at all will hurt them
Old 12-04-2006, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just happy Florida made the game. I put money on three teams at the beginning of the year to win the NC. Florida, LSU, and ND. Now I can bet the money line on Ohio State to win the game to hedge my bet and win some decent money no matter what.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:23 AM    (permalink
MagnumGator
Veteran

MagnumGator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Quote:
QB- OSU
RB- OSU
WR- OSU
OL- OSU
DL- OSU
LB- UF
DB- OSU
COACH-OSU

Yeah OSU has got this.
I hear Florida has SEC SPEED though.
yeah meatfour and MagnumGator were sure to bring that up last night as to why they could win
Show me where I said anything about SEC speed, pal.
MagnumGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumGator
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
QB- OSU
RB- OSU
WR- OSU
OL- OSU
DL- OSU
LB- UF
DB- OSU
COACH-OSU

Yeah OSU has got this.
yeah meatfour and MagnumGator were sure to bring that up last night as to why they could win
In a sense they are right though. OSU has never seen athletic DEs this year like Florida has.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:57 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leak wil throw 3 picks in the first half two for TDs. In the the first half. Meyer will put Tebow in for the second half. Florida makes a late rally but its too little to late. OSU 31 Florida 21.

I'd be shocked if it was this close. Bottom line Leak will lose Florida the game.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:00 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
Quote:
When has the favorite won the title game lately? I can't even remember. After the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, in which I thought Miami would thoroughly DESTROY Ohio State, I've learned that nothing is ever a certainty. IF they play up to the ability they are capable of, Florida can hang with the Buckeyes. Athletic wise, Florida will be the best team OSU has faced all season, and they have serious speed at the key positions. IMHO, Harvin is the key to this game if Florida wants to have any chance.

I think Ohio State will win, but honestly, Florida keeping it close, or even possibly winning, isn't that out of the question. This wouldn't be the biggest upset I've seen.
Yes, it is.
No, it's not. And, as I said before, if Florida wins, there will of been bigger upsets (i.e. Miami versus OSU in 2003).

Florida has the talent to hang with OSU, don't kid yourself into thinking they don't.

No they don't. They do not have the defense to keep OSU in check, and do not have a run game which is the only weakness against oSU (ask Mike hart).
Old 12-04-2006, 09:07 AM    (permalink
killa3312
Rookie

killa3312 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Florida's defense has kept them in every game this year, it's very good. I'm just saying, after the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, in which I figured OSU had absolutely no shot, I'll never say no team has a chance ever again.

Just don't be surprised if it's a close game, that's all I'm saying. I already said that I expect OSU to win, but by no more than 10.
killa3312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:08 AM    (permalink
danman253

Michigan had their defense keep them in every game this year too...
Old 12-04-2006, 09:27 AM    (permalink
killa3312
Rookie

Point is, their are no guarantees, no matter how big of a mismatch it looks like. Athletic wise and speed wise, Florida will be the best team OSU faces all season. Nelson is the best safety in the country, and helps mask Reggie Lewis' defficiencies as a corner, and Florida's front 4 is extremely athletic and quick. Any team that can shut down Arkansas' running game, something even LSU couldn't do, gets props from me.

Everything in this game points to a blowout in OSU's favor, which is exactly why I think it won't be. When was the last time that what was suppose to happen, actually happened in a BCS title game?
Old 12-04-2006, 09:29 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Point is, their are no guarantees, no matter how big of a mismatch it looks like. Athletic wise and speed wise, Florida will be the best team OSU faces all season. Nelson is the best safety in the country, and helps mask Reggie Lewis' defficiencies as a corner, and Florida's front 4 is extremely athletic and quick. Any team that can shut down Arkansas' running game, something even LSU couldn't do, gets props from me.

Everything in this game points to a blowout in OSU's favor, which is exactly why I think it won't be. When was the last time that what was suppose to happen, actually happened in a BCS title game?
Ohio State was also unbeaten going into that game. And as good a Nelson may be, Leon Hall, the best CB in the country, got killed by OSU, and Nelson can't be everywhere.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:37 AM    (permalink
killa3312
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:

Ohio State was also unbeaten going into that game. And as good a Nelson may be, Leon Hall, the best CB in the country, got killed by OSU, and Nelson can't be everywhere.
Florida SHOULD be undefeated, as they outplayed Auburn most of the night, but imploded with mistakes and had some questionable calls go against them.

Ohio State's the best team in the country, of this there should be no argument. For some reason though, I think this will be a close game. Don't ask me why, I just do. One of those hunches I suppose.

Of course, then again, I could be way off :)
Old 12-04-2006, 02:04 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
In a sense they are right though. OSU has never seen athletic DEs this year like Florida has.
LaMarr woodley, Ken Iwebema, Tim Crowder, Rondell Biggs....try again
Old 12-04-2006, 02:53 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5
Quote:
Not to mention Ray McDonald may not play in that game, or at least not be 100%
Old 12-04-2006, 03:18 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:

Florida SHOULD be undefeated, as they outplayed Auburn most of the night, but imploded with mistakes and had some questionable calls go against them.
You kid right? Florida should have 2+ loses. 15 turn overs by LSU, Arkansas dropping punts on the 1 and getting rejected punts, and uSC missing 13 FGs.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OSU should have two losses, against Illinois and Michigan, so they probably will blow it right? You need to get off of that one snuff.

Anyways, I think it's going to be a good game. I'm going to do a write-up next week. It will all consist on getting pressure on the Florida QB, whether Leak or Tebow. Both can be rattled, and we can definitely rattle both. I think their run game is something we can keep more in check than teams like UM and Texas. I'm liking the match-up there. Defensively, I'm not so sure I see a great game for Troy Smith. Reggie Nelson scares me a lot, and I think Tres will switch it up and run the ball hard with Pittman and Beanie.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:32 PM    (permalink
MagnumGator
Veteran

MagnumGator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumGator
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
QB- OSU
RB- OSU
WR- OSU
OL- OSU
DL- OSU
LB- UF
DB- OSU
COACH-OSU

Yeah OSU has got this.
Well I don't appreciate someone attributing cliche "SEC speed" quotes to me when I uttered no such thoughts on the matter.
MagnumGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:35 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
OSU should have two losses, against Illinois and Michigan, so they probably will blow it right? You need to get off of that one snuff.
Yeah, you really proved me wrong by bringing in teams that tOSU easily handled compared to teams that actually outplayed Florida...
Old 12-04-2006, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
Yeah, you really proved me wrong by bringing in teams that tOSU easily handled compared to teams that actually outplayed Florida...
I'm just saying, it's over, Florida is in the NC. Time to not debate the past but the future.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:57 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Not to mention Ray McDonald may not play in that game, or at least not be 100%
McDonald will not play, wirte it down.

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:00 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

[quote="killa3312"]
Quote:
Quote:

quote]

No they shouldn't. They lost. They made a mental mistake, and it cost them. Thats why the games are played. You can outplay the team all you want, if you make mistakes, you will lose.I'm sick of hearing the excuses. FLorida was beat, they shouldn't and aren't undefeated, get over it.

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Neither Woodley and Crowder are as fast as Harvey or Jarvis Moss off the edge. I can't comment on Rondell Biggs because I've only seen him in the OSU/Michigan game in which he looked slow off the ball.

I love how Michigan is just going to debate for OSU to death so that they feels as if they were robbed. Step back and stop being homers, by looking at the game from an outsiders point of view, and not a whiner.

Florida's safeties over the top, assuming Tony Joiner is good to go, are what is going to stop Ohio State's big play threat.

I think the biggest matchup is going to be Florida's defensive line vs. OSU's offensive line and getting pressure on Troy Smith to force mistakes.

Then it will be Chris Wells/Antonio Pittman vs. Florida's front seven and mainly our linebackers. Crum is good in coverage, but not a great tackler. He really has to seal the edge and bounce things back into Siler and Everett.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:56 PM    (permalink
srv fan
Veteran

srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.

Hmmmm, I voted for OSU, but I think Florida has a lot better chance than people give them. A couple of things...

- I agree that Reggie Nelson and co. will stop the long passes. Honestly though, its not the long passes that should scare people. How OSU beat Michigan, and what I assume they will try to do somewhat against Florida as well, is exploit the fact that they legitimately go 5 deep at WR, and have a QB who can hit short passes all day. Were I a Florida fan, the image that would scare me is not Ginn running a fly against your best corner with Nelson in help, but Robiskie lining up iso against some nickelback and running a quick slant. OSU can nickle and dime all day- as an added bonus, all the quick passes with a three step drop largely negate the pass rush Florida can bring. I don't know how good your backup corners are, but if you want to win, they better play their asses off.

- I'm not usually a fan of using individual matchups as a way to determine who will win a game, but honestly... the difference between having Troy Smith or having Chris Leak is monstrous. In terms of leadership, composure, and decision making, Smith is in an entirely different league than Leak.

- Desean Wyms needs to play a great game. OSU's run defense is nothing special, and any time you keep their offense off the field is essential. Wyms definately has the talent, but he's underperformed his entire career- he must step up.

- Tim Tebow, as always, is the x factor. Guy could have a biiiig game against OSU's run defense.

I'll write more later... I need dinner.[/b]

- Vince Lombardi
srv fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

People also underrate the fact, that we may be the deepest team in college football at receiver. We have six guys that can legitimatley make plays.

Jemalle Cornelius
Cornelius Ingram
Percy Harvin (duel threat)
Dallas Baker
Andre Caldwell
Kestahn Moore (out of the backfield)
Tate Casey (in the redzone)

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote