Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 07-08-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
If ifs and buts were all candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.
Also we would have had the ball on the 2 yard line w/ time like 20 seconds left to score the TD.

But since you guys want to play "ifs" Derrick Mason missed a wide Open TD catch right in his hands and Dan Wilcox fumbled inside the 10 yard line, so if those mistakes didnt happen that Heap TD wouldnt have occured we just would have ran the clock out.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Also we would have had the ball on the 2 yard line w/ time like 20 seconds left to score the TD.

But since you guys want to play "ifs" Derrick Mason missed a wide Open TD catch right in his hands and Dan Wilcox fumbled inside the 10 yard line, so if those mistakes didnt happen that Heap TD wouldnt have occured we just would have ran the clock out.
Okay, and I've said three times now, we're not playing ifs, I'm not making excuses for why we lost, and I'm not saying we should have won the game. I'm saying a game we played away, lost by less then a touchdown, with an inexperienced crew, that could have easily gone the othe way, is not a great argument for why you will beat us this year.

Again, let me emphasize, no one is making excuses for the loss. No one thinks we should have won that game. We do, however, think that game is no way an indicator of the game this season, and furthermore there was no need to come into a Chargers forums to provoke arguments that didn't exist until Ravens' fans brought them up.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Okay, and I've said three times now, we're not playing ifs, I'm not making excuses for why we lost, and I'm not saying we should have won the game. I'm saying a game we played away, lost by less then a touchdown, with an inexperienced crew, that could have easily gone the othe way, is not a great argument for why you will beat us this year.

Again, let me emphasize, no one is making excuses for the loss. No one thinks we should have won that game. We do, however, think that game is no way an indicator of the game this season, and furthermore there was no need to come into a Chargers forums to provoke arguments that didn't exist until Ravens' fans brought them up.
now hold your horses there buddy, you may say nobody thinks we should have won that game but you dont speak for everybody. I think the coaching staff layed an egg and did a piss poor job end of story. Marty had a history for being a loser and allowing comebacks (the drive for one) and he showed why he earned that reputation.

As for this year anything can happen on sunday so i dont think that just one game can decide who is better. both teams play in the much more difficult AFC and we shall see which team is better at the end of the year.
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like that last paragraph Average OT LB

JK17 I brought up those 2plays because it seems everybody said "If Merriman would have gotten that tackle..." "The coaching staff sucks..." But we had 2 if plays that would have changed the game a lot also.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
now hold your horses there buddy, you may say nobody thinks we should have won that game but you dont speak for everybody. I think the coaching staff layed an egg and did a piss poor job end of story. Marty had a history for being a loser and allowing comebacks (the drive for one) and he showed why he earned that reputation.

As for this year anything can happen on sunday so i dont think that just one game can decide who is better. both teams play in the much more difficult AFC and we shall see which team is better at the end of the year.
I meant no one thinks we should have won that game because a certain play should have happened. You think the coaching staff did a poor job, I did too, but that was what we had to work with. If we had a different coaching staff maybe the game ends up different, but we had to work with what we had, and because we played a certain way we lost. Obviously we could have won that game, but we did nothing so incredible as to think we deserved to win that game.

Quote:
JK17 I brought up those 2plays because it seems everybody said "If Merriman would have gotten that tackle..." "The coaching staff sucks..." But we had 2 if plays that would have changed the game a lot also.
Yeah, I brought up the Merriman play, not to say that we should have won the game because he should have made that tackle, but more to just say that last year's game was not a great indicator of how either team will be playing this season. Every game is filled with a couple plays that decide the game, each leaving one of the teams feeling like they could have won the game. You guys made the plays though, won the game, and you should get credit for that, but I just didn't like the use of that game to predict the game this upcoming season, when both teams are fairly changed.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

now talking about next season, I actually think the odds are in your guys favor, Baltimore has to make 3 cross country trips and that will definetly wear them down
Old 07-08-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
now talking about next season, I actually think the odds are in your guys favor, Baltimore has to make 3 cross country trips and that will definetly wear them down
Reminds me of the Chargers schedule in 2005, lots of cross country trips really take a toll on the team.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
of course the odds are in our favor, we're the better team
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:07 AM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpads24 View Post
Don't think that were just going to forget all this smalk talk that your dishing out when we kick your ass next season.
Nope, I didn't forget. haha

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote