Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC South Division Forum

NFC South Division Forum Discuss the NFC South

Old 11-27-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Last Stand - Tampa Bay @ New Orleans

This will be the Buccaneers final obstacle toward trying to Win the NFC South. If they can travel on the road and beat a Saints team on their last straw trying desperately to hang in.. and go up 3 games I think that clearly all but gives them the Title.

I think a lot of things need to go right for us to win this... Crowd must play a major factor seeing as we haven't played all that well at Home this season. I think Payton must carry over the run distribution from last week, we have to stay balanced in the running game to not let their Defense key in on what we're doing.

I still don't really have a very good feeling, we haven't played against this style of Defense all year. If Bush/Stecker/Pierre can be somewhat productive in this game, and we get protection we have a shot.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

BucSappy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's like Gruden said, it is really tough to beat a team twice in the division in one season.

I think New Orleans will end up being the favorite, spread wise, in this game by 2.5 to 4 points.

If Tampa wins it does pretty much lock up the division, Carolina's/New Orlean's final hope is Tampa loses out, which I don't think will happen.

If New Orleans wins, and as a die hard Tampa fan I think this will be a really tough game for our defense (even though it wasn't the first time around) and our offense has been struggling of late.

Tampa Bay: 24
New Orleans: 21
BucSappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think our defence actually matches up very well with New Orleans offence, especially without Duece. WE should be able to neutralize bush. and hopefully we will get some solid pressure, and allow our secondary and LBs make plays and force turnovers just like lastweek
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucSappy View Post

If New Orleans wins, and as a die hard Tampa fan I think this will be a really tough game for our defense (even though it wasn't the first time around) and our offense has been struggling of late.
I think we'll be able to present more of a challenge Offensively, this is a completely different Offense than what it was in Week 2. Early in the year it was just disgusting, Brees and the receivers were not on the same page, Line could not block at all, no threat from the running game. Although they've cleaned it up they are still prone to reverting back to being out of sync from time to time (Like in the Rams game)

This game IMO comes down to Turnovers, if Tampa stays opportunistic and forces us into mistakes early... they'll build a lead, we'll become 1 dimensional and the pressure mounts. Pretty much how all our losses have gone. If we protect the football, and can maintain some sort of balance on the ground it will be close.

I'm just hoping for a good game, seeing as this one was moved to the Afternoon time slot to generate a larger viewing audience.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

BucSappy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
I think we'll be able to present more of a challenge Offensively, this is a completely different Offense than what it was in Week 2. Early in the year it was just disgusting, Brees and the receivers were not on the same page, Line could not block at all, no threat from the running game. Although they've cleaned it up they are still prone to reverting back to being out of sync from time to time (Like in the Rams game)

This game IMO comes down to Turnovers, if Tampa stays opportunistic and forces us into mistakes early... they'll build a lead, we'll become 1 dimensional and the pressure mounts. Pretty much how all our losses have gone. If we protect the football, and can maintain some sort of balance on the ground it will be close.

I'm just hoping for a good game, seeing as this one was moved to the Afternoon time slot to generate a larger viewing audience.
I agree with a lot of what you just said.

Maybe Tampa's offense isn't as bad as I think it is. The Redskins have a damn good defense, and I just don't think the Saints present as much of a challenge offensively as did the Redskins.

Gruden said Garcia is "day to day." I'm really concerned about his health, our backups suck.
BucSappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
JAlexander

The division is basically already locked up. Saints have to make up 3 games in 5 weeks.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Garcia is the key for the Bucs. If he can play and isn't really limited in what he does because of the back injury then it should be a good game. If Garcia doesn't play the Bucs D will put up a good fight, but fold in the end because they are on the field too long.

The Bucs O without Garcia is pathetic, and won't be able to accomplish much, or give the D any type of rest.

Great to have a game this late in the season mean something after the abortion that was the 06 season.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deuce Mccalister is a HUGE loss against the Bucs because he's ripped us often and easily, and NO's D is still questionable, and I have no doubt Garcia will play.
28-14.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
Garcia is the key for the Bucs. If he can play and isn't really limited in what he does because of the back injury then it should be a good game. If Garcia doesn't play the Bucs D will put up a good fight, but fold in the end because they are on the field too long.

The Bucs O without Garcia is pathetic, and won't be able to accomplish much, or give the D any type of rest.

Great to have a game this late in the season mean something after the abortion that was the 06 season.
exactly...I say that if Garcia can play and play 75% or better, we will win fairly easily...but if he can't play it will be really close

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
JAlexander

It doesn't look like Garcia will play and Luke McCown will start. Obviously it hurts the Bucs but McCown has a good arm and good mobility, he's just never really gotten a chance. We'll see what happens.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Still holding out hope Garcia starts.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Deuce Mccalister is a HUGE loss against the Bucs because he's ripped us often and easily, and NO's D is still questionable, and I have no doubt Garcia will play.
28-14.
Deuce is the reason I always fear the Saints. I think we will outplay them like we have done to most of our opponents, but we won't take advantage of opportunities like we have done so far this year. I predict a 3 point victory for the Saints, push.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
JAlexander

Garcia practicing today....

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sp...-to-practice1/
Old 11-30-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post

Ding, ding, ding. It should be a good game, though. I just hope we can pull it out.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints have a lot to play for in this game. Not only will it cut the division lead if we win but it also keeps our playoff hopes alive. We really can't afford to lose this game.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Dome Patrol

I think last week Payton got the right idea and started utilizing the run more. Being at home should give us an advantage as long as the fans bring it. Grant came back from injury last week and it showed I feel. Also, we get Young back this week which should give us more depth and strength on the D line. I would like to have seen more of Pierre Thomas this week but not sure if he's gonan suit up (kidney). Our Run D has been decent but I have to wonder if thats only because other teams knew they could pass on us. David still scares me.. as does Joey G. Should be a good game and I think much of the outcome will be determined on whether or not Garcia plays. NO needs this game.. its do or die basically. I think we started our run last week.. and continue it today. Heres to a great game with no injuries..

Geaux Saints!!!
Old 12-02-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Dome Patrol

Got these from another site..
Says Garcia is likely out today.

"Per his wife/message board..

http://bbs.buccaneers.com/showthread.php?t=151737

and also this as well...

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/in...?topic=16958.0 "

not sure on the legitimacy of these board's sources.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is really ******* pissing me off. 5 quality drives and we only have 13 points to show for. The Saints meanwhile, get 2 lucky bombs and are up by a point despite getting shut down otherwise. Once again we are dominating but the score doesn't indicate it because of stupid penalties and the same old inability to
finish drives. What else can I expect from Gruden & the Bucs?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-02-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
This is really ******* pissing me off. 5 quality drives and we only have 13 points to show for. The Saints meanwhile, get 2 lucky bombs and are up by a point despite getting shut down otherwise. Once again we are dominating but the score doesn't indicate it because of stupid penalties and the same old inability to
finish drives. What else can I expect from Gruden & the Bucs?
Don't worry. Their run game has been average, and I don't expect them to get lucky on deep passes the whole game. We should pull through if Luke Mccown keeps playing like a Pro Bowler.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Don't worry. Their run game has been average, and I don't expect them to get lucky on deep passes the whole game. We should pull through if Luke Mccown keeps playing like a Pro Bowler.
That's exactly what's worrying me. We "should" pull through, but a lot of the times we don't. We will have to continue to dominate to get a close win because we don't finish drives well. We do everything perfect and then we **** it up inside the 30, it's pathetic. Our defensive line is playing like crap btw. It's not looking good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-02-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That the kind of rubbish you were referring to etk? ie 53 INT

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we lose again by one point, I'm gunna flip...

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

I love you Jerramy Stevens!
Old 12-02-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean Payton is the major GOAT, what a brutal play call.

Also Gruden had a bery ballsy play call on that 4th and 1
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Dome Patrol

I cant believe the game was that close.. the Saints should have lost by a greater margin than that. They played horribly. Our pass D is aweful.. Good game Bucfans.. you guys showed up and did what you had to do to get it done... we, unfortunately, did not.