Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-25-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
holtfan92
Veteran

holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
I find Russian funny to talk I don't know why though :P

Pretty difficult to speak it
I was born in Latvia and Russian was my first language. I've gotten worse at it every year but my parents and their friends are fluent.

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Thanks to Renji for the AVI
holtfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm teaching myself Japanese (slowly). I need to get a teacher or something.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Once you pick up one romance langauge you can basically learn them all.
Spanish and Italian are pretty similar, I have a lot of friends that study or live in Spain and they learned the language pretty quickly. Me too I've learned spanish with ease...
But it's way harder to learn French... Even in school, the majority of the people have problems in that... But it's probably because we hate them and they hate us ;)

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First off, sorry for not keeping up with these, having tight schedule. Will do now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Xon, I work in the food industry and am slowly picking up words and phrases that Mexicans commonly use. What would be your advice for me speaking to them, and for me listening to them to learn more? The words I end up using most often are... Lo siento, no comprendo, no se, and repete por favor. Also, they laugh at me when I use "con permiso" to get by them in a tight space. I'm guessing this is a very formal way to say to excuse me. What's something more casual? Pardon?
Well, Ward, it all depends on which type of Mexicans you're talking too. If it is food I suppose they're people with some money, so con permiso is actually appropiate. Maybe they are laughing at the way you pronounce it, or maybe it is not in the right situation, or at your accent?

Anyhow, a more casual way of saying ''con permiso'' can be simply ''permiso'' ''discupleme''... but I would need to know about the types of situations you're at to be able to tell you.

Some phrases you could say when you don't understand are:

''Mi espaņol es malo, disculpe'' or ''Podria repetir por favor'' .. note it is repetIr not repeter.

hope that helps.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holtfan92 View Post
I was born in Latvia and Russian was my first language. I've gotten worse at it every year but my parents and their friends are fluent.
if you're here next year you have to help me. I start automatically with college Russian.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote