Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-04-2006, 06:32 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
As a Michigan fan, what pisses me off is Michigan was #2 on 11-18, and then they were hopped on 11-25 by USC and then people said it would be USC-Ohio St. unless USC got upset by UCLA, and then that happened. And then people said if UCLA beat USC, Michigan will play in the NC. What happened to change their mind? While Michigan was watching games, Florida was playing, so people got to see that. And then, few of the humans put Michigan #4, which *********** up the vote. They are at least #3, and then 1 of them even picked Florida #1, silly bastards. Once again, nothing against Florida, the system is screwy.
Another thing for Michigan fans to chew on. What if USC would have won? Would Florida have jumped Michigan then? Nope, not even close. UM would have been #3. How does USC losing change who the 2nd best team is?
That bugs me too. It's stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Florida, Tim Tebow starts and runs for 800 yards. Final Florida:3 OSU:2

OSU scores a safety from Quinn Pitcock even though the play started at the 43 yard line, he pushed the guard back so far and then got held in the end-zone.

Florida scores a 64 yard field goal as time expires after Tim Tebow runs around for no reason up to mid field from his own 1. Then they get within 64 yard range and kick the winner.

If it happens I will laugh.

Seriously though... OSU: 38 Florida: 17
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:43 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost
Florida, Tim Tebow starts and runs for 800 yards. Final Florida:3 OSU:2

OSU scores a safety from Quinn Pitcock even though the play started at the 43 yard line, he pushed the guard back so far and then got held in the end-zone.

Florida scores a 64 yard field goal as time expires after Tim Tebow runs around for no reason up to mid field from his own 1. Then they get within 64 yard range and kick the winner.

If it happens I will laugh.

Seriously though... OSU: 38 Florida: 17
If that 3-2 thing happens I will post nude pictures of myself runnign through my school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:59 PM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ew

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
4pAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:04 PM    (permalink
MagnumGator
Veteran

MagnumGator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa3312
Jim Walden, former Washington State coach, put Florida #1... I think.
To quote Walden, “In my heart of hearts, I believe that neither Ohio State or Michigan could get through Florida’s schedule with only one loss.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16044332/from/RS.5/
MagnumGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:10 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumGator
Quote:
To quote Walden, “In my heart of hearts, I believe that neither Ohio State or Michigan could get through Florida’s schedule with only one loss.”

I agree. I think Florida has a good shot at beating OSU. It should be a very fast game(speed) with the players from both teams. I personally don't care who wins, just looking forward to a good game.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:13 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5
The national championship was November 18 and Michigan lost. Now Florida gets a shot. If you Michigan fans want a NC, then you should've beaten Ohio State. You didn't, so enjoy the Rose Bowl.
Great points. People want to see a game in the NC, not a blowout similar to the USC-OU game a couple years back. So what if Michigan already got there chance, Florida can't hang with Ohio St. and every one knows it.
Florida can hang with OSU if they try to give UF the game like they did with Michigan.

Fact of the matter is, if Florida wins the game, it wouldn't even be the biggest upset in national title game history, or even top 3.
*cough*2002*cough*
2002 Ohio State versus Miami

1983 Miami versus Nebraska

1986 Penn State versus Miami

1991 Alabama versus Miami

Funny how Miami is in every, single one of those games. All those are bigger upsets, and I can probably go back even further if I wanted to. Ohio State's a damn good team, and will probably win this game... I just don't think it will be a blowout, like most here do. That's JMHO.

I'm lovin that one :D

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:16 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snortie
Quote:
Quote:

I agree. I think Florida has a good shot at beating OSU. It should be a very fast game(speed) with the players from both teams. I personally don't care who wins, just looking forward to a good game.
FLorida will be without McDonald a crucial loss. Nelson can't be all over the field, and the nations best corner was just fileted last week. Leak will turn the ball over vs. the nations best defense in takeaways. They're in trouble. This will be a smacking

Props to Darnik

Quote:

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
Old 12-04-2006, 09:00 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

FLorida will be without McDonald a crucial loss. Nelson can't be all over the field, and the nations best corner was just fileted last week. Leak will turn the ball over vs. the nations best defense in takeaways. They're in trouble. This will be a smacking
I don't think so, they have to many playmakers on offense.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:08 PM    (permalink
killa3312
Rookie

killa3312 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Florida does have a lot of playmakers on offense... too bad Dan Mullen doesn't know how to get them consistently involved. If Mullen calls a game like he's capable of, I'll get off his case. He drives me insane with all of his cute crap when simple plays have been working.
killa3312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:09 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Unfortunately none of them play QB, and Percy Harvin has been good in liek 5 games this year, but now everyone is on his wiener which is amazing.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:12 PM    (permalink
killa3312
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Unfortunately none of them play QB, and Percy Harvin has been good in liek 5 games this year, but now everyone is on his wiener which is amazing.
That's because Harvin has only played in like 5 games It doesn't take a whole lot to see that Percy is a special talent. He has nearly 800 yards of total offense in about 7 games because of injury.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:14 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Florida will miss Marcus Thomas terribly as Pittman and Beanie Wells have their ways with Florida running behind the huge Buckeye line. Buckeyes win 38-17.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:16 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Unfortunately, Leak is the QB, no one to get the ball to them.

Props to Darnik

Quote:

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
Old 12-04-2006, 09:20 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
That's because Harvin has only played in like 5 games It doesn't take a whole lot to see that Percy is a special talent. He has nearly 800 yards of total offense in about 7 games because of injury.
Actually he played in 11 games, 10 really but I guess thats just like 5.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:21 PM    (permalink
killa3312
Rookie

Florida has been fine against the run without MT, that's not a huge concern of mine. What is concerning is the lack of pass rush Florida has had without him in the lineup. Florida has to get pressure on Smith to have a chance.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:23 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

Quote:
Florida has been fine against the run without MT, that's not a huge concern of mine. What is concerning is the lack of pass rush Florida has had without him in the lineup. Florida has to get pressure on Smith to have a chance.
There was a stat during the SEC Championship game showing the difference between having Marcus Thomas and not having him. The difference was atleast 1.5 YPC. Florida has not seen an offensive line like Ohio State's and the battle is won in the trenches.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Old 12-04-2006, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ugh, it's so annoying how Michigan fans can't get past the fact they're not in the big dance.

You had your chance so shut up. Talk about the real National Championship: Ohio State vs. Florida and not these ******** lopsided predictions. For anyone who actually watched Florida and doesn't just look at the stats, they'd know Florida has a dominant defense, and while Michigan's proved dominant during the season, Florida matches up more favorabley against Ohio State because of the amount of speed they can put on the field at once and still have the bulk of a Michigan defense.

Many forget that after Marcus Thomas got kicked off the team, Siler and Everett were both banged up. That could contribute to the 1.5 YPC difference without him.

It really has no bearing, because Marcus Thomas wasn't even in on that many obvious running downs. He was our one gap pass rusher, and it's really an overrated loss.

If McDonald doesn't play, that's even bigger.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:28 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_VIlma
Ugh, it's so annoying how Michigan fans can't get past the fact they're not in the big dance.

You had your chance so shut up. Talk about the real National Championship: Ohio State vs. Florida and not these dumb lopsided predictions. For anyone who actually watched Florida and doesn't just look at the stats, they'd know Florida has a dominant defense, and while Michigan's proved dominant during the season, Florida matches up more favorabley against Ohio State because of the amount of speed they can put on the field at once and still have the bulk of a Michigan defense.
What's wrong with people thinking the games going to be lopsided? National championships have been lopsided before and this one COULD be too.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Old 12-04-2006, 09:29 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You had your chance so shut up. Talk about the real National Championship: Ohio State vs. Florida and not these dumb lopsided predictions. For anyone who actually watched Florida and doesn't just look at the stats, they'd know Florida has a dominant defense, and while Michigan's proved dominant during the season, Florida matches up more favorabley against Ohio State because of the amount of speed they can put on the field at once and still have the bulk of a Michigan defense.

Many forget that after Marcus Thomas got kicked off the team, Siler and Everett were both banged up. That could contribute to the 1.5 YPC difference without him.

It really has no bearing, because Marcus Thomas wasn't even in on that many obvious running downs. He was our one gap pass rusher, and it's really an overrated loss.

No, u shut the **** up. U know if Florida woulda been left out u'd still be bitching. Understandibly, but u guys would still be complaing, so u can it!
Old 12-04-2006, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:

No, u shut the *********** up. U know if Florida woulda been left out u'd still be bitching. Understandibly, but u guys would still be complaing, so u can it!
Not only was that terribly hard to read, it doesn't matter how I'd act, because it didn't happen. We're in the big game. Michigan isn't. Wolverine fans need to quiet up and start looking towards the Rose Bowl.

Nothing wrong with believing it's going to be lopsided but it's a bit of a coincidence that the people that think that are either Michigan fans or fans of teams that hate the Gators.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:31 PM    (permalink
killa3312
Rookie

Florida shut down McFadden and Jones without MT, that is enough to comfort me into knowing we can slow down Ohio State's running game. As for Harvin... sure, he's played in 10 games, but several of those he was still injured in and hardly got any snaps. He's played about 5-6 games fully healthy. The Florida State and Arkansas games showed what he can do.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:33 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

Quote:
Florida shut down McFadden and Jones without MT, that is enough to comfort me into knowing we can slow down Ohio State's running game. As for Harvin... sure, he's played in 10 games, but several of those he was still injured in and hardly got any snaps. He's played about 5-6 games fully healthy. The Florida State and Arkansas games showed what he can do.
You can stack the box against Arkansas, where as that is not possible against the Buckeyes.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Old 12-04-2006, 09:33 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBam
Quote:
You can stack the box against Arkansas, where as that is not possible against the Buckeyes.
Not to mention that Mcfadden sprained his ankle...
Arkansas had 132 yards also.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:35 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, u shut the *********** up. U know if Florida woulda been left out u'd still be bitching. Understandibly, but u guys would still be complaing, so u can it!
Not only was that terribly hard to read, it doesn't matter how I'd act, because it didn't happen. We're in the big game. Michigan isn't. Wolverine fans need to quiet up and start looking towards the Rose Bowl.

Nothing wrong with believing it's going to be lopsided but it's a bit of a coincidence that the people that think that are either Michigan fans or fans of teams that hate the Gators.
And just to add something, I am not complaing that Florida got in over us. Even me myself said if Florida won the SEC Championship and UCLA beat USC, we'll see Florida and Ohio St. I'm just mad at the system, cuz how are people supposed to know Florida is better than Michigan. How are people supposed to know Ohio St. is really the #1 team in the nation. So I am not complaing that Florida is in over us, I am complaing about the system, so shut up about us bitching too much because Auburn did the same thing two years ago, so there.