Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-04-2006, 11:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777
Seriously, I'm starting to wonder if John Fox isn't just a tad overrated. He had one great year, one good year and a couple of years where his teams did not play up to their talent level. They have no business missing the playoffs this year. Not in this conference.
Panthers aren't as talented as the media makes them out to be. They have a few elite players (Smith, Peppers) a few really good players, and then a bunch of ****.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 02:08 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, can a brother get a holding call on John Runyan?

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:08 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was definately a penalty at the end of the game on the INT. Maybe not pass interference but definately illegal contact. Those announcers I'm not sure even know the rule. They kept on saying the contact was within 5 yards, but aren't I correct that those 5 yards are thrown out the window once the ball is in the air. And there was definate contact by Sheppard after the ball was in the air.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:23 AM    (permalink
jblaze66
Rookie

jblaze66 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
That was definately a penalty at the end of the game on the INT. Maybe not pass interference but definately illegal contact. Those announcers I'm not sure even know the rule. They kept on saying the contact was within 5 yards, but aren't I correct that those 5 yards are thrown out the window once the ball is in the air. And there was definate contact by Sheppard after the ball was in the air.
I think what the ref saw was mutual contact, Keyshawn colliding with Lito on his way to the end zone and Lito simply tried to brace himself. Keyshawn has a reputation as a physical reciever and I think alot of times those calls go unflagged because of that.

Sig by Kramer
jblaze66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:27 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze66
Quote:
I think what the ref saw was mutual contact, Keyshawn colliding with Lito on his way to the end zone and Lito simply tried to brace himself. Keyshawn has a reputation as a physical reciever and I think alot of times those calls go unflagged because of that.
I dunno. Keyshawn didn't really extend his arms and was trying to get to the corner of the endzone which Lito was preventing him from doing while the ball was in the air. I think that is an illegal contact call. I don't really care, I'm glad the Eagles won. Because I think the Panthers had a more realistic shot of contending for the playoffs down the road so any loss they get now is better.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:55 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I dunno. Keyshawn didn't really extend his arms and was trying to get to the corner of the endzone which Lito was preventing him from doing while the ball was in the air. I think that is an illegal contact call. I don't really care, I'm glad the Eagles won. Because I think the Panthers had a more realistic shot of contending for the playoffs down the road so any loss they get now is better.
Agreed, the play went like this

Keyshawn gets off the jam, sheppard grabs handfuls of jersey, keyshawn slips his hand to push off lito's arms and loses concentration, lito taks the int.

Penalty. ESPN even showed "highlights" of runyan vs Pep, every play was a hold.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:52 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The refs allowed a lot of contact all game. Early on, there was plenty of bumping and a little clutching all over the field on both sides, and they let it slide. This crew on this night was allowing it, so the defenders on both sides took advantage. This particular play was indicative of a lot of the coverage from the evening. I wouldn't have been surprised by an illegal contact play, but in real-time, it's hard to see anything other than both making contact. Keyshawn made a bad play, and Lito did great keeping both feet in. I say that as an objective fan. While I was excited by the play, I immediately feared a PI. When I watched the replay, I didn't see a blatant penalty. I'm always one to call it fair, even when it affects my team.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:50 PM    (permalink
jblaze66
Rookie

jblaze66 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite
ESPN even showed "highlights" of runyan vs Pep, every play was a hold.
I believe the old adage is "If there's no flag its not holding." If the refs called holding on what you deem holding there would be a flag on every play. The only time they call it is if you tackle/bring down the defender or if he sees your arms extended with a handful of jersey.

Sig by Kramer
jblaze66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:47 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
I believe the old adage is "If there's no flag its not holding." If the refs called holding on what you deem holding there would be a flag on every play. The only time they call it is if you tackle/bring down the defender or if he sees your arms extended with a handful of jersey.
To be fair though, Runyan is really dirty. He can hold just about every day because he can get away with it. He sets up such good angles and that with his holding make him a very solid tackle. First game of the season him vs Mario Williams he was holding him pretty bad.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:
Quote:
To be fair though, Runyan is really dirty. He can hold just about every day because he can get away with it. He sets up such good angles and that with his holding make him a very solid tackle. First game of the season him vs Mario Williams he was holding him pretty bad.
He's made a career of holding Strahan for the past 5 years.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:25 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People say u can call holding on every play, and I agree with that. Can't ***** about that......