Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 11-23-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well I should have called them talented instead.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not that anyone cares but UMD wrestling just beat University of Michigan 18-17. Michigan was #5 in the nation. WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
McNabb kind of scares me at this point, ala a Steve McNair. McNabb has definitely regressed since the Super Bowl year and has definitely shown he needs a full compliment of weapons on offense to be successful and we know we don't have that. I know I called the McNabb to Baltimore thing after the Eagles drafted Kolb with their first pick this year but now I'd be really tentative about bringing him in.
Yeah I'm not high at all on bringing McNabb here. Like you said it could turn into a bit of a McNair situation. Not only will he cost a boatload, but I'm just not sure how good he is or would be with us.

The scenario that I want to see and I think we will probably see is us take one of the big three quarterbacks in the first (Brohm if I had my choice). Then you let Kyle start for a year and hand it over to the draft pick when Boller's contract is up. If we are unable to get any of the big 3 in the first, I think you look at the free agent market for a guy who is fairly young who can give Boller some competition for that #1 spot. If I had my choice I'd shell out a pick for Matt Cassell of the Pats.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My only problem with Cassell is he's never been "the guy" in college or in the pros. Yes he's had incredible talent in front of him at both places but still that doesn't mean he can be "the guy".

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
My only problem with Cassell is he's never been "the guy" in college or in the pros. Yes he's had incredible talent in front of him at both places but still that doesn't mean he can be "the guy".
This is true but I personally see him as a low risk high reward type guy. Yes we'd likely have to give up a decent pick for him, but nothing outrageous and if he doesn't work out as we planned, we have a nice backup. I think we've seen how important that is this year. If he's good enough to be the top backup at QB for the best team I've ever seen, I've got to think he's good enough for us. Also keep in mind that I favor this situation if we are unable to grab one of the big 3.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Rohan Davey was a much better backup than Cassell, but look where he is now.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
I thought Rohan Davey was a much better backup than Cassell, but look where he is now.
Davey lost his job to Cassell.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it's just a dream, but with the tragic passing of ST, as much as I hate to think about it, eventually we must move on and replace him and it was just a dream but if we somehow pry Dawan from you guys. The Landry brothers would be historic. They will jack you up, maybe get burn't in coverage at times but both would be the most intimidating forces in the NFL. Although they are both similar which could be a problem, I think LaRon has enough range to move around.

Old 11-28-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I always draft the Landry brothers when I do a madden draft.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I know it's just a dream, but with the tragic passing of ST, as much as I hate to think about it, eventually we must move on and replace him and it was just a dream but if we somehow pry Dawan from you guys. The Landry brothers would be historic. They will jack you up, maybe get burn't in coverage at times but both would be the most intimidating forces in the NFL. Although they are both similar which could be a problem, I think LaRon has enough range to move around.
No way we give up Dawan. Well maybe for a first rounder.... ;)

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 11-28-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd give him up for a 2nd rounder.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I'd give him up for a 2nd rounder.
Truthfully I wouldn't want to part with him. Dawan is going to keep getting better and better and I don't want that to happen in Maroon and Gold.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-28-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
we will have to wait 15 years until we get their pick:)
Old 11-28-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Truthfully I wouldn't want to part with him. Dawan is going to keep getting better and better and I don't want that to happen in Maroon and Gold.
Nor would I. First round pick is the only thing I'd do it for. He has so many responsibilities in our defense and while he hasn't been as much of a playmaker as he was in his rookie year, but he's been solid, especially with his tackling and in the box play.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
Nor would I. First round pick is the only thing I'd do it for. He has so many responsibilities in our defense and while he hasn't been as much of a playmaker as he was in his rookie year, but he's been solid, especially with his tackling and in the box play.
i think we should try to get Bob Sanders that would help our back field big time, and i dont think we can get more then a 2nd round for Dawan

and for McNabb i dont think he was even healthy i think they rush him back, but i would not be willing to give up alot for McNabb thou at top 1st Round pick nothing not that 2-3 draft pick bull...

Derek Anderson or Brady Quinn i be willing to give a 1st Round for also

Last edited by The Legend : 12-01-2007 at 02:57 PM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
i think we should try to get Bob Sanders that would help our back field big time, and i dont think we can get more then a 2nd round for Dawan

and for McNabb i dont think he was even healthy i think they rush him back, but i would not be willing to give up alot for McNabb thou at top 1st Round pick nothing not that 2-3 draft pick bull...

Derek Anderson or Brady Quinn i be willing to give a 1st Round for also
Bob Sanders will cost a crazy amount of money no way we will get him and no way is there a need for him.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Come this offseason, we really need to part ways with Derrick Mason. While he's still a valuable commodity on the offense, him being here is curtailing the production and overall development of Mark Clayton. Clayton is our future and is more or less a Derrick Mason clone, so with that said we need him to step up and take over that role. With Clayton assuming the #1 slot, DWill can then be #2, we resign Devard Darling, draft a big, physical receiver (my personal favorites would be DeCody Fagg or Marcus Monk) and my surprise move is moving Todd Heap to WR full time as a #3 or #4. That way we can leave Sypniewski on the field as our full time TE and have a more explosive and balanced offensive presence on the field.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 12-01-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW if we get Decody Fagg and the Steelers keep William G-A-Y then my dream can come true of hearing an announcer say this.....

"Fagg drilled by G-A-Y"

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Come this offseason, we really need to part ways with Derrick Mason. While he's still a valuable commodity on the offense, him being here is curtailing the production and overall development of Mark Clayton. Clayton is our future and is more or less a Derrick Mason clone, so with that said we need him to step up and take over that role. With Clayton assuming the #1 slot, DWill can then be #2, we resign Devard Darling, draft a big, physical receiver (my personal favorites would be DeCody Fagg or Marcus Monk) and my surprise move is moving Todd Heap to WR full time as a #3 or #4. That way we can leave Sypniewski on the field as our full time TE and have a more explosive and balanced offensive presence on the field.
No way we bench Heap for Quinn unless Heap is a full-time WR. He is to good and to expensive. Put Quinn at WR or something.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
No way we bench Heap for Quinn unless Heap is a full-time WR. He is to good and to expensive. Put Quinn at WR or something.
You did read the part we're I said we move Heap to WR right? Come on man add some real thoughts to the post not just scan it and comment on something I said. And Sypniewski is a TE, he doesn't have the speed to be a WR at all.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 12-02-2007, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I read the part, and it is still a dumb idea unless we go 3 WR sets like every play unless Heap starts opposite of Clayton or someone.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:59 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
You did read the part we're I said we move Heap to WR right? Come on man add some real thoughts to the post not just scan it and comment on something I said. And Sypniewski is a TE, he doesn't have the speed to be a WR at all.
Heap is too slow to be a wideout, Quinn is good but you are severely overrating him if you'd be willing to move a top 10 TE in the game and make him a useless backup wideout. Heap doesn't have the lateral quickness to get open on a regular basis against a DB. If you were so crazy for Quinn that might as well just trade Heap.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:03 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Heap is too slow to be a wideout, Quinn is good but you are severely overrating him if you'd be willing to move a top 10 TE in the game and make him a useless backup wideout. Heap doesn't have the lateral quickness to get open on a regular basis against a DB. If you were so crazy for Quinn that might as well just trade Heap.
I want the best offense possible out there and frankly Heap as a TE is becoming a liability with all the poundings he's taking and him getting hurt all year. You complain about anyone who knocks Heap, why not get over your mancrush on him? He is a disciplined route runner and he's most effective as a over the middle target, a perfect fit for a slot receiver.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 12-02-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I read the part, and it is still a dumb idea unless we go 3 WR sets like every play unless Heap starts opposite of Clayton or someone.
Its not a dumb idea, its brilliant in its simplicity.

But seriously, with the suggestions I made I also assume that we would get a new offensive coordinator in the offseason. We all know our offense doesn't work so lets get a new one and get the best players out on the field.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 12-02-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
I want the best offense possible out there and frankly Heap as a TE is becoming a liability with all the poundings he's taking and him getting hurt all year. You complain about anyone who knocks Heap, why not get over your mancrush on him? He is a disciplined route runner and he's most effective as a over the middle target, a perfect fit for a slot receiver.
Stop making stuff up this is probably the first time I have ever even posted on Heap. I'm sure if I were to post right now about how I love Matt Ryan you'd be like, "Get over your mancrush on Matt Ryan, this is the 80th time you have posted on him."