Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-05-2006, 03:09 PM    (permalink
CM4
Rookie

CM4 CM4 CM4
Default Priest Holmes Vs. Marshall Faulk in PRIME?

Who would you take in there PRIME out of Faulk and Holmes...

i dont think its fair to compare stats between these two since Faulk played longer and was more productive, but who do you feel was more of a threat during there prime...

I say Faulk and i also wanted to say that Maurice Drew reminds me of Faulk a lot...watching him run into peopel lowering his shoulder and keeping his feet moving at all times, catching the ball out of the backfield as well.
CM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I go with Faulk. Faulk in his prime was not only one of the best RBs in the game, but he was also top 3 WR in the game. He was amazing. Theres no one in the history of the game that I would want in a spread offense in the backfield ahead of him. He's the best WCO/Spread offense RB ever.

To note, before someone rips on me, Im not saying he's the best RB ever, Im saying he's the best WCO/spread offense RB ever. I think Walter Payton and Gale Sayers couldve worked in that set too, but Faulk has more experience in it, so he gets the nod.

Priest was great for that 2/3 year stint, but thats just not enough to put him in an elite category. And even then, he wasn't as good as Faulk.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Priest and Marshall were both great dual threat rbs with a nose for the endzone (and played in the same Coryell offense), but Faulk was better, even ignoring the longevity issue.

It would have been interesting to see Marshall play in a WCO offense, but I don't think you can say he is the best WCO rb when he never played in the WCO.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777
Priest and Marshall were both great dual threat rbs with a nose for the endzone (and played in the same Coryell offense), but Faulk was better, even ignoring the longevity issue.

It would have been interesting to see Marshall play in a WCO offense, but I don't think you can say he is the best WCO rb when he never played in the WCO.
I know, but you just know he'd tear it up in that too. What makes us think he wouldn't you know?
Old 12-05-2006, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default yah

Not really that close. An interesting one would have been Holmes vs LJ...

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:34 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is about as much of a no-brainer as it gets.

Priest Holmes was a product of his system.

Marshall Faulk was a special, special player who, I think, could have put up Walter Peyton-like numbers if he had been given more opportunities.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:48 PM    (permalink
CM4
Rookie

CM4 CM4 CM4

so than LJ is a product of his system than too right...
CM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:02 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM4
That was pretty much the argument in the offseason, but no one said anything about Holmes, just Johnson, oddly enough.

I'm going with Marshall though. Always liked him more, he was amazing with the ball in his hand.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:58 PM    (permalink
TiTaNsFAN 1014
Rookie

TiTaNsFAN 1014 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default both

both were great, but it's gotta be marshall.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Priest Holmes was really good in his prime, Marshall was, without a shadow of a doubt, the most dangerous player in the NFL. It has to be Faulk.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:22 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM4
well i think maybe he was implying that it didn't hurt to run behind that line. Either was he was still an amazing RB.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Faulk by a relatively wide margin. Holmes was good but not in the same class as Faulk. Faulk can be mentioned as one of the greatest to ever play the position where as Holmes cannot.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Faulk by a mile.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:26 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

too bad priest's prime came so late in his career and didnt have as many superb years....

i would take priest, but both were blue-collar workers with incredible skills

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag
This is about as much of a no-brainer as it gets.

Priest Holmes was a product of his system.

Marshall Faulk was a special, special player who, I think, could have put up Walter Peyton-like numbers if he had been given more opportunities.
Yah I agree with you somewhat on Priest. I think he was a good RB playing behind an all-pro OL. LJ is an all-pro RB running behind a good OL. I know Chiefs fans will rip me a new one, but that is what I think. If it makes them feel better Priest is still better than any RB the Raiders have had in a long time....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

to quote that blurbing blubbering never-finish-a-sentence-fool Chris Berman

MARSHALL! MARSHALL! MARSHALL!

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:46 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4m9yQAs_5U

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote