Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-04-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
Playing for over 20 years>Playing for 5

Not the arguement I should be in, I know nothing about rugby. I figure with no pads, injuries are more common?
No pads mean people don't play with the same reckless abandon though. It's kind of like how hockey was before facemasks were mandatory in the minors.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Rugby isn't our sport. :D

You won't find it in many high schools and the university teams aren't anything special either. Sort of a fringe sport like Lacrosse.
Haha, yeah i know, we just kind of expected to be playing a much better side as the team's we were playing in Europe were pretty well renowned. Then we show up to Canada expecting some team that would have half their national underage squad and we get these guys we beat by 50 as they struggle to tactically adjust to anything we do. Keep in mind this was played 4 hours after we stepped off a plane from France, and whilst we were ridiculously hungover
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
Haha, yeah i know, we just kind of expected to be playing a much better side as the team's we were playing in Europe were pretty well renowned. Then we show up to Canada expecting some team that would have half their national underage squad and we get these guys we beat by 50 as they struggle to tactically adjust to anything we do. Keep in mind this was played 4 hours after we stepped off a plane from France, and whilst we were ridiculously hungover
Try us at hockey. :D
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scrum Half and wing in college
a couple year mens club
more concussions than Young, Aikman, Favre, Chris Chandler combined. I made a thread about them go find it.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Last edited by bored of education : 12-04-2007 at 10:00 PM.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Not the arguement I should be in, I know nothing about rugby. I figure with no pads, injuries are more common?
Completely incorrect, while there are no pads, you have to make an attempt to wrap on every tackle. THerefore there are not guys just launching themselves and laying out players with no attempt to wrap. i.e. Sheldon brown on reggie last year. or most hard hitting safeties in the league.

Also there is no blocking,which is where tons of footbal injuries occur
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Try us at hockey. :D
I have a feeling we'd own you lot at that too. I'm thinking 20-0.

Oh wait that's right, 98% of people in Australia can't even skate, maybe we might lose.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I have a feeling we'd own you lot at that too. I'm thinking 20-0.

Oh wait that's right, 98% of people in Australia can't even skate, maybe we might lose.
99.9% of people in Canada don't even know what a rugby looks like. :D
Old 12-04-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
CalBears99
Pro Bowler

CalBears99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
what HS do you go to?
Greenwich HS in Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I actually dont watch much rugby, but definatly to play.

Also what positions are you guys.

I am a severly undersized prop
I'm a wing. Taller than most of the other wings, but not stronger.
Quote:

We can't touch the other guys above the shoulders, there's no blocking which means no getting blindsided, no kickoffs similar to football so no slamming into guys at 30 mph... And you're encouraged to tackle the legs rather than trucking people.

sig by Nyi28nhl from Islander Mania
CalBears99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

By the way i'm a blindside flanker, been playing since i was 10 and onyl just got moved into the forwards a couple of years ago (a sad moment for meat the time, but i've grown to love it). This past season i got a contract to play colts (under 20's) for a pretty major club in Sydney, getting a couple of hundred bucks a game and free gym/equipment etc. was pretty sweet for somehting i'd be doing for free.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
CalBears99
Pro Bowler

Quote:
By the way i'm a blindside flanker, been playing since i was 10 and onyl just got moved into the forwards a couple of years ago (a sad moment for meat the time, but i've grown to love it). This past season i got a contract to play colts (under 20's) for a pretty major club in Sydney, getting a couple of hundred bucks a game and free gym/equipment etc. was pretty sweet for somehting i'd be doing for free.
daaamn. haha we wouldn't have that kinda stuff for rugby in the states.

7-11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Scrum Half - 4 years in college
1 year mens club
more concussions than Young, Aikman, Favre, Chris Chandler combined. I made a thread about them go find it.
Wow, what is wrong with you?
CalBears99
Pro Bowler

btw, 7-11 you play union not league right?

Old 12-04-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Completely incorrect, while there are no pads, you have to make an attempt to wrap on every tackle. THerefore there are not guys just launching themselves and laying out players with no attempt to wrap. i.e. Sheldon brown on reggie last year. or most hard hitting safeties in the league.

Also there is no blocking,which is where tons of footbal injuries occur
In this case football>rugby

:)
Old 12-04-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalBears99 View Post
btw, 7-11 you play union not league right?
Yeah union, if i played at the equivalent level in league i'd be earning quite a bit more. Too bad i suck at it
Old 12-04-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
CalBears99
Pro Bowler

Yo maybe we should make an official rugby discussion thread since we've already answered my question

Old 12-04-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i already made one lol ill up it ok
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalBears99 View Post
Yo maybe we should make an official rugby discussion thread since we've already answered my question
I tried once, it sucked

EDIT: it was actually a world cup thread, but it still sucked
Old 12-04-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In this case football>rugby

:)

Scrums and Rucks are much more intense than anything in football and more physical.

Not to mention that Rugby is non-stop and unlike football if there is a 60 minute game there wont only be like 15 minutes of actual playing
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
Scrums and Rucks are much more intense than anything in football and more physical.

Not to mention that Rugby is non-stop and unlike football if there is a 60 minute game there wont only be like 15 minutes of actual playing
Yeah it's really a completely different game played by completely different athletes. Aerobic fitness is much more critical unlike football where it's more concentrated on anaerobic and explosive movement
Old 12-05-2007, 08:40 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Used to play as a centre, then moved to flanker. It's a fun game no doubt.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I play Center primarily. I've been playing since I was eight. My dad used to play when he was back in Fiji so he forced me and my brothers to play at a young age. It's definitely helped my running back skills.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i play too. im kinda a prop/lock. i mainly play lock because of the guys on my team fill those spots and i just go to lock. im 6'3" about 250lbs and im still learning how to play. ive been playing since like september and im really enjoying it, i just had to learn when to go hard and when to relax a little. my first game i died because i tried to sprint every where. fun sport though, sad part is ill never be the best in my family. my sis is a national player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Isn't that pretty much the point of rugby? At least the team i was going to play on was like that.

To the OP, I play football as a defensive back. The most important thing to remember is to keep your feet moving and drive through the tackle. I can't really speak for rugby, because I always play in pads, and without having pads the technique changes a little.

1)Watch their hips, their hips will always go in the direction they are going. If you find someone who can make their hips go one way, and they go the other, you have found the person who may be the most skilled RB ever.

2) Keep your feet moving

3) Head up, shoulders down.

4) Make contact and drive through the ball carrier.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
CalBears99
Pro Bowler

I'm surprised there are so many ruggers here.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Isn't that pretty much the point of rugby? At least the team i was going to play on was like that.
haha yeah it used to be for me, then it got a little more serious and i'm really not sure if i enjoy it more or not.