Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-30-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Exactly what I do. It's the easiest method and guarentees at least a 15-18% tip in California which is not shabby considering waiters in California make 7.50 an hour plus tips.
I actually have to think now that I am in OR. No sales tax means I have to figure out what 15-20% is.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Like to look like a big shot in front of the lady I see
Nah I was done acting like a big shot in front of her after a week. We both know what each other are about and could careless of the money. I just want to make sure that if other people stiff the waitress for the rest of the night atleast she has something to go home with.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My friend's dad has a dick way of tipping. He puts a stack of bills on the end of the table at the begginning of the meal and makes sure he lets the waiter/waitress know that he can always add to or take away from the stack depending on performance. He said he enjoys watching them scramble around as he motions to take away bills
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
My friend's dad has a dick way of tipping. He puts a stack of bills on the end of the table at the begginning of the meal and makes sure he lets the waiter/waitress know that he can always add to or take away from the stack depending on performance. He said he enjoys watching them scramble around as he motions to take away bills
Thats terrible. If I were the waitress I would be slow on purpose. Its sorta like he is a slave owner.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 11-30-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can promise you that he gets his food ****** with every time he goes out. I would give the people he is sitting with refills in a timely manner, but he would be stuck with one drink his entire meal.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't sit at a table with a guy like that, who knows if they mess with everyone's food and not just his.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I wouldn't sit at a table with a guy like that, who knows if they mess with everyone's food and not just his.
Thats very true.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 12-05-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
I've worked at a tourist trap restaurent (affordable family dining) and now work at a fine dining lounge and restaurent. At cheaper restaurents the service standards are far lower, most servers don't know every ingredient that goes into every app, main or desert (heck they probably don't know a quarter), they won't fill up your water or drinks wordlessly and efficiently, and they probably make mistakes every few tables. At the higher end restaurent I have to know every ingredient in every meal, know the wine list (more than 70 wines) completely, know a drink list of more than 50 drinks by memory, and be able to suggest wine pairings for everything on the menu. I have to be on top of every table because the fine dining industry isn't about turnover rate it's about providing a dining experience (i.e quality over quantity). Any mistakes even the slightest (i.e taking out food to a table that's been prepped wrong in the kitchen) are liable to have consequences from your superiors. Most servers I've seen/worked with at cheaper restaurents wouldn't be able to handle a higher end restaurent with different standards.
Its all based on incentives not whether or not the waitress cant handle it if they dont work at a nice restaurant. If you knew you werent getting much on tips because the food is cheaper then you wont take the time and effort to memorize every ingredient in every meal. Cheaper restaurants usually dont have as many selections and dont include a ton of wine like expensive places would include. If the benefit isn't greater than the cost then you wont take the time to memorize everything. If someone works at a very fancy restaurant and can pull off a ton of tips in a good night then the benefit is more than likely greater than the cost that it took to memorize everything. Also if a richer person went into a cheaper restaurant he isnt going to tip the same as he would if he went to some expensive steak place because the food is cheaper. More than likely, the waiter or waitress does the same thing as the waiter or waitress at an expensive place such as fill up your drink, take your order, and be friendly but they dont get as much of a tip because the quality of food is less. If the bill was $20 he/she probably wont tip $100+ like they would if they went to Fogo de Chao where its $50 a plate. Never understood that part.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
That's from the TV Show "3rd Rock from the Sun".
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For me it matters how nice they are and how hospitable they are. I remember an extremely rude Denny's waitress in Utah. I decided to split her tip.. WITH ME! lol It turns out that that very Denny's faced several lawsuits about complaints of blatant racism.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote