Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-04-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
jefepowhnzer
Rookie

jefepowhnzer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Ski/Snowboard thread

Does anyone else get pumped when that first flake hits the ground? Living here in Albuquerque we don't see very much snow, so when snow comes to town I start getting amped for ski/snowboard season.

I usually hit southwestern Colorado a few times a year and definitely northern Colorado if I can make it. If Santa Fe gets some decent snow I try and go 5-8 times a year since it's only an hour and a half drive. This year my friends and I have got a week long trip to Telluride planned (through a company that advertises at universities throughout the country). On top of that I'll be heading out to Ohio for the bulk of January, February and March and hope to check out some of the smaller terrain in the area.

With a big storm looming in the northwest that is reportedly poised to absolutely DUMP here in the southwest I can't wait to strap up(I'm a boarder).

What are your ski/snowboard plans for this season?
jefepowhnzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a skiier so far. I took bording lessons but sucked. I might want to try doing it again. I like going to Breckenridge....I dont like going up to Ruidoso which I think is the spot that is one hour and a half away from ABQ. The roads are too windey and I end up getting sick.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going back to where I grew up to do some skiing and boarding. The place is called Mt. Shasta, it's in Northern California: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Shasta it's not the greatest place but I can stay with family and get in for free.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
jefepowhnzer
Rookie

jefepowhnzer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I'm a skiier so far. I took bording lessons but sucked. I might want to try doing it again. I like going to Breckenridge....I dont like going up to Ruidoso which I think is the spot that is one hour and a half away from ABQ. The roads are too windey and I end up getting sick.
Depends which direction you went. Ski Santa Fe is north an hour and a half away and the road is pretty windy. I've never been to Apache (Ruidoso) but I think it's about 3 hours away from here or more. I'm thinking you went to Ski Santa Fe. Yea, the road is pretty windy. Up near Breck, Copper, Vail, etc it's nice because you just kind of drive into the town and the mountain is there. Santa Fe, Wolfcreek, and the "short route" to Crested Butte(awesome mountain, btw) all come to mind as pretty windy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentN View Post
I am going back to where I grew up to do some skiing and boarding. The place is called Mt. Shasta, it's in Northern California: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Shasta it's not the greatest place but I can stay with family and get in for free.
That's awesome. I have a cousin who lives in Chico, he's been there a couple time, which pretty much accounts for all the snowboarding he's ever done, lol.
jefepowhnzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Well considering that Syracuse is the snowiest city in the U.S. with over 1,000 people in it - yes.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote