Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 12-08-2006, 02:43 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsPwn
I live in S. florida so ive seen a lot of Merriweather and Im no that high on him bc of his trouble with bigger players. I would prefer a bigger safety someone who is already over 200lbs or one who is more sound in the tackling department. His tackling reminds me too much of Sean Taylor and thats not a good thing bc he just launchs himself like a missle hoping for the big one and lets big plays happen which is our problem already. Give me Landry or Nelson in the first or a guy like Aaron Rouse in the second or third if we can get our hands on a third round pick. Without Justin next year DE has to be the first round pick though.
Yeah, he may not be the best fit for us then.

There will be a saftey there to be had 2nd round that can stuff the run and cover. Marvin would definetely take a guy average in coverage and run stopping over a guy that can only do well in one area and develope them.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:25 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ
cardsalltheway. Want to make a sig bet on UK vs. IU 8)
Hellz yea. Two weeks good with you?
Old 12-08-2006, 06:28 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
cardsalltheway. Want to make a sig bet on UK vs. IU 8)
Hellz yea. Two weeks good with you?
haha yeah, lets say we'll change avatars though I don't have any UK sigs.

UK wins, here's your avatar

IU wins, here's my avatar

Deal or you got something more hardcore

EDIT:

Actually I found a sig that would like nice after every post you make...

Old 12-09-2006, 09:16 AM    (permalink

How about both? Put it all on the line.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:44 AM    (permalink
jmanz
Rookie

jmanz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yikes guys, another arrest....O'neal this time.....
jmanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 10:32 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I'll let you pick one or the other for me if you all win and I'll pick one or the other for you... I have to show my Bengal pride somehow
Old 12-09-2006, 02:24 PM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

It's looking like Pollack will likely be back next season, which is great news. I think it also means we don't have to spend a first day pick on the LB position.

This probably seems pretty obvious, but the first and second round picks almost have to be D line and cornerback don't they?

At CB, Jonathan Joseph looks good and has a great future (though he needs to spend some time learning how to catch). After him, the picture gets a little cloudy. Deltha hasn't had his best year. He gives too much cushion, doesn't tackle well in run support and seems to be unwilling to play through even relatively minor injuries. Plus, the DUI probably doesn't help either. Tory is getting old and probably won't be resigned. I'm hoping that Rashad Bauman comes back as I have always liked him as a nickle back. Kiewan Ratliff will be on the team, but he has disappointed the last two years and I think we will continue to have trouble on 3rd down if he sees the field a lot again next year.

The D line has been better lately and there are some solid players. Domata Peko has looked pretty good rotating in the middle. Big Sam Adams has had his moments and if he gets the knee healthy should be a solid contributor next year. Robert Geathers has looked pretty good as a situational pass rusher and should be given a high tender in RFA next offseason. I'm not sure if Justin Smith will be back next year, but if he leaves, there will be a huge hole at DE next year. Frostee Rucker, Eric Henderson and John Fanene are pretty much unknowns at this point. John Thornton and Brian Robinson are just okay. Overall, the line is okay but really lacking a top notch player that commands double teams and can get consistent pressure on the QB.

I guess my ideal draft would be:
Round 1: Bigtime DE like Moses, Woodley, Spencer
Round 2: Solid CB prospect that has the size to provide good run support and to cover the TE in nickle, maybe somebody like Revis
Round 4: TE
Round 5: DT
Round 6: WR
Round 7: OLB
bengalbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:35 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
I'll let you pick one or the other for me if you all win and I'll pick one or the other for you... I have to show my Bengal pride somehow
Good game. :evil:
Old 12-09-2006, 03:43 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Good game. :evil:

You look good with all that blue. I'm glad our big guys showed up to play, made it entertaining for sure.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:50 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalbuck
It's looking like Pollack will likely be back next season, which is great news. I think it also means we don't have to spend a first day pick on the LB position.

This probably seems pretty obvious, but the first and second round picks almost have to be D line and cornerback don't they?

At CB, Jonathan Joseph looks good and has a great future (though he needs to spend some time learning how to catch). After him, the picture gets a little cloudy. Deltha hasn't had his best year. He gives too much cushion, doesn't tackle well in run support and seems to be unwilling to play through even relatively minor injuries. Plus, the DUI probably doesn't help either. Tory is getting old and probably won't be resigned. I'm hoping that Rashad Bauman comes back as I have always liked him as a nickle back. Kiewan Ratliff will be on the team, but he has disappointed the last two years and I think we will continue to have trouble on 3rd down if he sees the field a lot again next year.

The D line has been better lately and there are some solid players. Domata Peko has looked pretty good rotating in the middle. Big Sam Adams has had his moments and if he gets the knee healthy should be a solid contributor next year. Robert Geathers has looked pretty good as a situational pass rusher and should be given a high tender in RFA next offseason. I'm not sure if Justin Smith will be back next year, but if he leaves, there will be a huge hole at DE next year. Frostee Rucker, Eric Henderson and John Fanene are pretty much unknowns at this point. John Thornton and Brian Robinson are just okay. Overall, the line is okay but really lacking a top notch player that commands double teams and can get consistent pressure on the QB.

I guess my ideal draft would be:
Round 1: Bigtime DE like Moses, Woodley, Spencer
Round 2: Solid CB prospect that has the size to provide good run support and to cover the TE in nickle, maybe somebody like Revis
Round 4: TE
Round 5: DT
Round 6: WR
Round 7: OLB
I agree about the CB situation. Joseph is a stud, James is a bum and Deltha is average this year and Keiwan doesn't have the speed. Peko looks like a future starter and we have enough depth to rotate guys in and out at DT, if Okam is there round one I'd be satisfied with that pick because it's quality over quantity.

My ideal draft...

Round 1: DE (Woodley would be great)
Round 2: Versitile DB prospect (ala Madieu) that can play either CB or S so we get added depth and a potential starter
Round 4: OL - We'll lose depth because of Steinbach leaving and if Braham is gone two of our backups are now starters. It's not a must but you can never be too strong at OL.
Round 5: TE
Round 6: Speedy WR that is a good KR/PR since Chatman may be gone and we need depth behind Tab.
Round 7: Whatever catches Marvins eye I guess.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:54 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Pollack has made it clear that if he returns and as mentioned, that is looking good, he would prefer to return as a DE rather than a LBer. I think the Bengals will accomodate him if that is the case and this would possibly allow J.Smith to leave and have Pollack replace him. I would like to see J. Smith resigned but we'll see. I think Steinbach is gone for sure. I look for a CB in Rd 1 again as O'Neal and James are both showing sings of slowing a bit and you can't have too many great corners.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:05 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

We've now had 8 different guys arrested for various charges this year. Who do you blame? Of course it's the individual's fault but does Marvin have to take some blame here too. If he cut a couple of these guys would that end it? I know it goes on everywhere but we probably have had more than twice wqhat any other team has had this year.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:33 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott
We've now had 8 different guys arrested for various charges this year. Who do you blame? Of course it's the individual's fault but does Marvin have to take some blame here too. If he cut a couple of these guys would that end it? I know it goes on everywhere but we probably have had more than twice wqhat any other team has had this year.
I think a lot of the blame has to go to Mike Brown, who loves giving second chances to players with bad histories. As far as the draft goes, I agree corner and D-line are probably the two biggest needs, safety and O-line will probably be addressed later as well, along with a speed WR and maybe some linebackers. Tight end may be addressed late as well.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:20 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Marvin has publicly admitted that he wants to stay away from low character guys yet Mike Brown encourages taking them on and well, he has the final say.

Marvin has done his job to prevent these things. He cut Mathias Askew, has sat out Henry 4 games by himself without the leagues suspensions, he asked the commish that they immediately suspend Odell for the year following his DUI.

What could he possibly do to stop guys like Deltha, Steinbach, McNeal etc. from doing these things? It's not like they've ever been caught for doing something bad up until now, some of it just boils down to bad luck.

With that said I think there is potential that if we sign Justin Smith back we will draft a CB round one again. Tory James is likely gone and Deltha was in Marvins doghouse before this happened for not playing through what he thought to be a minor injury.

I still think DE is the pick because I don't think Smith will stick around but if we did manage to get Smith back I'm all but sure it'll be CB again, we'll be set there for the next 5 years at least.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:53 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Robert Geathers is officially starting to impress me. The guy knows how to get after the QB. Peko is impressing me as well, very athletic for his size.

Jeanty may be a solid option for the future starting at OLB. He has a nose for the ball and is a solid tackler.

Funny to think the team played kinda sloppy and won by 17
Old 12-10-2006, 08:39 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

I hate seeing those 3rd and long changes that they make with the defensive personnel. It seems when they apply pressure, they are a much better defense than when they drop back as they did over and over today. A sloppy game by Palmer and still a nice win. Next 3 weeks are huge.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:03 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yeah, this game is an even better example of why Tory James is a TERRIBLE CB. Deltha and Joseph better be our starters next week. I actually am not totally against seeing the three safties out there, it's just that either the QB scrambles and buys time or they burn Tory James.

I'm impressed by Geathers and the defense actually showing some moves this week instead of just flat out bull rushing every time.

That 4th and inches play where Sam Adams exploded through the line was just insane. Kaeshviharn is continuing to impress me as being a great backup, he makes some big plays.

Hopefully vs. Indy we'll have our entire starting line from last year back (Levi, Steinbach, Braham, Williams and Willie). That means a better rushing game and just better protection in general. It's going to be all about Rudi, if we pound the rock with Rudi then Peyton stays off the field. If we get into a shootout throwing long balls that plays to the Colts advantage.

Today it looked like the Colts had their defense full of Ohalete clones
Old 12-11-2006, 07:16 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'm now kind of at a loss as to what we should draft this offseason in the first round, last year it was kind of obvious but now I'm not so sure.

Say we re-sign Justin Smith and let Tory James go packing (which we should and will)...

DE - Geathers now has double digit sacks and has proved to be a viable option at DE while Justin Smith is one of our more consistent defensive players and has a shot at 10 sacks as well.

S - While we do need a saftey for the future, DJax has been a solid saftey for us this year (when healthy) and KK is a solid backup for if DJax is hurt. I feel we do need to address saftey but I think it would be most to our benefit to address it round 2 because of need and quality.

DT - I never felt as if it was much of an option, only way I see it is if say Okam is available at that point. Peko has played great and between Sam Adams/Shaun Smith we have a meaty run stuffer and the run D has been great of late.

LB - Signs are pointing to Pollack probably returning, who knows about Odell and I'm unsure Simmons will be back although I expect it. The LB's that have been starting (Landon, Caleb and Jeanty) have been great lately. They make tackles and don't overpursue, I feel like LB shouldn't even be addressed at all in the draft. We still have Nicholson and Ahmad from this years draft.

CB - I'm starting to think there will be a chance of taking a CB two straight years in the first round. We're still sitting last in the NFL in passing yards/game and Tory James is done. Rumor has it Keiwan is gone when his contract is out and that leaves Deltha, Johnathan Joseph and our backups which don't see playing time. Deltha will be 30 next year and hasn't played the best this year when healthy. If we could have two solid cover CB's (Joseph and say Marcus McCauley WOW) then we could do more man coverage and be able to send more guys on the blitz and in run defense. I think it would be for the best of the defense as a whole.

OL - Levi, Whitworth, Ghiaciuc/Wilkerson (Braham Re-signing?), Bobbie Williams and Willie Anderson WILL be our starting offensive line next year. The only way we address OL is in the later rounds for depth that we will lose via Ghiaciuc/Whitworth moving into starting roles. There is no reason to address OL day one as you all know.

RB/WR/QB/FB - DUH , no concerns there.

TE - No one worthy and TE isn't a first day need for us.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:30 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

I think our present DEs are very good IF we were to have a dominant blitzing OLB....maybe Pollack was the man, but I'm not sure we'll ever know. I hope they resign J.Smith since they will for sure let Steinbach go. They have to start dedicating some cash to the defense.

I understand the Commish told Mike Brown today to clean up our act here. I really don't care for the way Marvin has acted like his hands are tied to some extent. Come out in the media and put these guys on front street if you must and embarass the heck out of them but this stuff has to stop. I bet no other team has more than 3 arrests and it's a monthly thing with us and that is being kind.

I'm hoping we can get a shot at Daymeine Hughes the CB out of Cal in the draft. If not, I bet we can get a fine DT but I'm not sure there will be a dominant DE left for us if we go into the playoffs and have a pick in the mid-late 20s.

I hear that Dallas Clark is out along with Stokley. I sure hope so.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:59 AM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'll add my two cents in bold

Quote:
I'm now kind of at a loss as to what we should draft this offseason in the first round, last year it was kind of obvious but now I'm not so sure.

Say we re-sign Justin Smith and let Tory James go packing (which we should and will)...

DE - Geathers now has double digit sacks and has proved to be a viable option at DE while Justin Smith is one of our more consistent defensive players and has a shot at 10 sacks as well.
I'm not sure what to make of this position. I bet they try to get Geathers to sign a long term extension this offseason after giving him a RFA tender. He could be somewhat costly. Plus, there are rumblings that Pollack strongly prefers DE if he returns.

S - While we do need a saftey for the future, DJax has been a solid saftey for us this year (when healthy) and KK is a solid backup for if DJax is hurt. I feel we do need to address saftey but I think it would be most to our benefit to address it round 2 because of need and quality.
Agree completely. 4th or 5th round safety.

DT - I never felt as if it was much of an option, only way I see it is if say Okam is available at that point. Peko has played great and between Sam Adams/Shaun Smith we have a meaty run stuffer and the run D has been great of late.
Disagree a little. We have been looking for an interior pass rush for years (like last year when we were forced to move Geathers inside). If the right guy is there at DT, they will take him.

LB - Signs are pointing to Pollack probably returning, who knows about Odell and I'm unsure Simmons will be back although I expect it. The LB's that have been starting (Landon, Caleb and Jeanty) have been great lately. They make tackles and don't overpursue, I feel like LB shouldn't even be addressed at all in the draft. We still have Nicholson and Ahmad from this years draft.
Lots of solid depth but lacking a star and I'm not sure if Pollack or Brooks can be that guy, but I don't think we take a LB until late.

CB - I'm starting to think there will be a chance of taking a CB two straight years in the first round. We're still sitting last in the NFL in passing yards/game and Tory James is done. Rumor has it Keiwan is gone when his contract is out and that leaves Deltha, Johnathan Joseph and our backups which don't see playing time. Deltha will be 30 next year and hasn't played the best this year when healthy. If we could have two solid cover CB's (Joseph and say Marcus McCauley WOW) then we could do more man coverage and be able to send more guys on the blitz and in run defense. I think it would be for the best of the defense as a whole.
Agree wholeheartedly.

OL - Levi, Whitworth, Ghiaciuc/Wilkerson (Braham Re-signing?), Bobbie Williams and Willie Anderson WILL be our starting offensive line next year. The only way we address OL is in the later rounds for depth that we will lose via Ghiaciuc/Whitworth moving into starting roles. There is no reason to address OL day one as you all know.
Agree.

RB/WR/QB/FB - DUH , no concerns there.
I wouldn't be shocked to see a surprisingly early pick spent on a guy who is a WR/punt return specialist. We wanted Hester last year despite our WR depth.

TE - No one worthy and TE isn't a first day need for us.
bengalbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:37 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Rickscott... Clark being out is money for us, he abused us last year. Now our only problem is that if Deltha doesn't play then Tory james is on Reggie Wayne :shock: . If that's the case they might as well just tell Madieu/Djax to head that way every time.

BengalBuck.... I hadn't heard the rumor about Pollack wanting to move back to DE, I wanted that all along. I just didn't see the desire to keep him at LB when I saw him as average, the potential was there but he did great last year when he was rushing from the DE spot. I'd really like to re-sign Justin Smith but he isn't some kind of DE stud...

I think Peko can be our source of an interior pass rush, he's got a good motor for a guy his size and Sam/Shaun Smith can be the run stuffers.

All I know is that CB looks to be our biggest need at this point, I'm encouraged with the DT/DE play of late and the LB's are picking it up.

I feel Ahmad Brooks can be a stud in this league, I think he was benched because he just got thrown out there too soon... Next year he can be big for us either in the middle or outside.

Given the way the first round will potentially play out there are all kinds of possibilities. Okam/Woodley/Spencer/McCauley/Hughes/Cason/Buster Davis etc. will all be there. It'll be interesting for sure...

This Monday sure will be fun, I can't wait.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:17 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott
We've now had 8 different guys arrested for various charges this year. Who do you blame? Of course it's the individual's fault but does Marvin have to take some blame here too. If he cut a couple of these guys would that end it? I know it goes on everywhere but we probably have had more than twice what any other team has had this year.

It all boils down to you reap what you sow. Marvin Lewis came to the Bengals and made it clear that he wanted to change the face of the organization and steer clear of low character guys. But year in and year out the Bengals pull the proverbial 180 and draft these high potential knuckleheads and all these incidents are a bad reflection on the organization and the league itself. Granted Chris Henry and Odell Thurman are players with unquestioned talent on the football field, but there are reasons that they were available when you guys drafted them. For god sakes Marques Colsten fell to the end of the 7th round because of reports of his inability to get along with the coaching staff at Hofstra. Whether this is Marvin Lewis' fault or Mike Brown's fault is a mute point, the question that has to be answered is when are these guys going to be held accountable for their actions and when will the Bengals come out and say talent is more important then character or will they make decisions based on character and talent and leave the knuckleheads's headaches to someone else. This is nothing new for the Bengals, remember this is the franchise that established the character clause in contracts referred to the Carl Pickens' clause and lest we forget the turmoil caused by now Patroit's role model Corey Dillon.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:27 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Mike Brown picks the players, period. That's who's fault it is for taking them, Brown has publicly admitted to it.

None of these players have had problems with the coaching staff. That was Dillions beef, he wanted out because we sucked and the final reason was he lost his job to Rudi and was unhappy.

Don't act as if the Ravens are clean though. McAlister has a DUI and another arrest, Sams has 2 DUI's, Rolle was arrested for assaulting his wife, Suggs was charged with assault, McNair has been arrested for DUI and weapons charges, Jamal with his drug dealing and we all know the Ray-Ray story. We're just hitting the same rough spot in off the field issues that you all encountered.

Marvin has taken action though, Askew was cut... He has inactivated Henry for 3 games for discipline, inactivated Deltha last Sunday, asked the league to hurry and suspend Odell the entire year following his DUI etc.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:54 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mike Brown picks the players, period. That's who's fault it is for taking them, Brown has publicly admitted to it.

None of these players have had problems with the coaching staff. That was Dillions beef, he wanted out because we sucked and the final reason was he lost his job to Rudi and was unhappy.

Don't act as if the Ravens are clean though. McAlister has a DUI and another arrest, Sams has 2 DUI's, Rolle was arrested for assaulting his wife, Suggs was charged with assault, McNair has been arrested for DUI and weapons charges, Jamal with his drug dealing and we all know the Ray-Ray story. We're just hitting the same rough spot in off the field issues that you all encountered.

Marvin has taken action though, Askew was cut... He has inactivated Henry for 3 games for discipline, inactivated Deltha last Sunday, asked the league to hurry and suspend Odell the entire year following his DUI etc.
I love it when people want to make things personal. I was chiming in with some insight and you automatically bash on the Ravens. So lets get the facts straight shall we:

Rolle was arrested for assaulting his wife - this happened when he was a member of the Titans if I remember correctly

McNair has been arrested for DUI and weapons charges - again not a problem since he became a Raven

McAlister has a DUI and another arrest, Suggs was charged with assault, Jamal with his drug dealing and we all know the Ray-Ray story - all these events while wrong happened in the offseason not during the season.

Not to mention I don't believe I said in my post anything to the extent of the Ravens are better then the Bengals in regards to off the field conduct.
I was merely saying that this is not a problem that needs to blamed on somebody but a problem in evaluating talent and personnel. That is what needs to be addressed. These incidents are effecting the game and the bottom line is that if character were more of an issue then talent the Bengals would not have these problems.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:58 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819
Quote:

I love it when people want to make things personal. I was chiming in with some insight and you automatically bash on the Ravens. So lets get the facts straight shall we:

Rolle was arrested for assaulting his wife - this happened when he was a member of the Titans if I remember correctly

McNair has been arrested for DUI and weapons charges - again not a problem since he became a Raven

McAlister has a DUI and another arrest, Suggs was charged with assault, Jamal with his drug dealing and we all know the Ray-Ray story - all these events while wrong happened in the offseason not during the season.

Not to mention I don't believe I said in my post anything to the extent of the Ravens are better then the Bengals in regards to off the field conduct.
I was merely saying that this is not a problem that needs to blamed on somebody but a problem in evaluating talent and personnel. That is what needs to be addressed. These incidents are effecting the game and the bottom line is that if character were more of an issue then talent the Bengals would not have these problems.
wow :shock: :shock: :shock: